HoHoHo

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
PTmowerMech- Sorry to hear. But agree no matter what, it gets tagged as covid.. But that is how states try & get more funding.. Rotten crooks.
Our wacko governor shut us down hard for as long and as much as possible to be sure "we" got funding. He still has 3.5 billion left to spend by January 1. He ought to distribute it to small businesses he hurt or put out of business shutting down the state.
I haven't been a huge fan of him this year and he's lost my vote.Especially after he said to even wear a mask in your own back yard. Now in public around folks, i get it. But at your home. Oh please.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes nursing home nurses do let patients suffer. They claims they care but they don't really a lot of the times. My mother was put in one because a fracture pelvis while I was being investigated for assault at the hospital just because young nurse didn't like it that I got up everytime to help with my mother at the hospital which had dementia and would fight anyone but me.

When they released my mother back to me after three weeks later after the DHR investigation she had two massive bed sores which took me and the RN a month to get healed.

Yes dementia patients do revert to their childhood or at least my mother did and near the end she became a stripper, just couldn't keep cloths on her. I was lucky that she didn't take to her bed until a couple days before she died, Still it was over six months of 24/7 care and I was totally exhausted at the end. No help from from the family at all.

I spent nearly a year after her death getting up everytime I heard the slightest noise as I did during my mother final days as she get hurt if I didn't watch her.

And yes dementia is a terminal condition much faster than the other version of metal decline. It is not kind to either the patient or the family. IN PT case they should listed multiple causes with a primary cause noted.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Get it people don't like being told what to do but...

When it comes to this Covid virus if people would just do the sensible thing by just staying out of work or the public when they know they got it, sure would help. I got several customers that are now quarantining because some fellow co-worker knowingly spread the virus just because they caught it. At one company the co-worker got fired for knowingly bringing in virus. He knew he tested positive yet went to work for three days before his doctor called his employer contact tracing. Half of the company's work force ended up with the virus and they are just getting back to work.

But of course there are people that want to catch it by having Covid-19 parties like a few I heard of in Alabama.

Even when we got the common cold it makes sense to avoid others then why not do the same with a more vicious virus. Being asked to wear a mask and distance ourselves isn't as bad what they do when a few chickens in rearing house gets the bird-flu. The government just goes in and kills every bird in the place. Now how long would take to get people to cooperate if the government went to a place and slaughter everyone there just to control the virus because someone can't follow some simple guidelines?

This why I treat my birds every few weeks if they need or not this time of year. I got put under a quarantine last Spring because of a local farm had found it and they only killed 120,000 birds because a few had it instead giving the antibiotics that could have cured them within usually 24hrs. With the flu it takes nearly a week on antibiotics to see results. The government made it even harder for me to get the antibiotics that works by forcing me to get a prescription at the local vet's office for an item that once was an over the counter med.

BTW you may think the chicken houses are completely disease free I got news for you they are not as I have seen cases of the Macaw's disease in the flocks and even seen cancerous growths on some the chickens yet they still process these birds. I reckon out of sight, out of mind approach works well.

Anyway take care and have a good Christmas and hopefully see everyone next year.

Born2Mow

Threads
Wearing a mask, social distancing, washing hands.... this is not a political statement, it's an IQ test.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was probably out of line for doing this. But I contacted a news station in Dallas and reported it to them. Especially the part about how when the state gets called on them, their investigation never leads to any sort of punishment. And that's because this nursing home accepts parolee's.
And how the owners of this facility allows staff to return to work 10 days after testing positive for Covid, WITHOUT getting retested.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I may be a little more conspiratorial about this, but according to the CDC, COVID-19 (COrona VIrus Disease 2019), is a new disease. How could this thing just pop up one year, and about 1 year later, there's a vaccine for it? The conspiracy part of it was the governments need to squelch the rioting & protesting going on. Including China and the US.

Things that make you go hmmmm

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I may be a little more conspiratorial about this, but according to the CDC, COVID-19 (COrona VIrus Disease 2019), is a new disease. How could this thing just pop up one year, and about 1 year later, there's a vaccine for it? The conspiracy part of it was the governments need to squelch the rioting & protesting going on. Including China and the US.

Things that make you go hmmmm
Considering the technological advances over just the last decade things are a lot easier to gene sequence which was one of the hardest parts developing vaccines. Just think they just discovered that the flu virus can be attack at the stalk of the virus instead of the head. The stalk rarely changes year to year so they may be able to develop an one time flu shot vaccine in the near future.

Plus they are using a completely new way of developing the vaccines now which also speeds development. Sometime all it take is the tweaking of an already develop vaccine.

Plus if the governments would actual resolve some the problems rioting wouldn't happen. Or in recent history having someone to egg it on just to get his way.

Look at the latest reports where the president is thinking about just declaring martial law so he can stay in office. If that happens boy my customers are going to be pissed as I will double my rates just I can put with the hassles of getting anything done.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
PT,
Technology gets faster all the time
When Mr Briggs &Mr Stratton started to make engines the only way to test a new engine design was to make a set of drawings , send then down to the foundry & machine shop hen 10 days latter you had a test machine.
Now days I can sit at my computer , design an engine, build it virtually and run it on the desktop .
I can change the bore, stroke, piston ring width, ring placement , gudgeon pin placement even the size & position of the cooling fins, all on the computer without touching a single piece of metal .
The same technology exists for medacines.
W can thank Thalidomide and in particularly AIDS for that where they made softwear to check what almost every combination of currently available drugs in every doseage levels before they gave it to a single patient .
Microscopy has gone leaps & bounds so researchers can see what they are looking at and watch what happens to virus packets when expose to various drugs in real time .
So before they even think of doing trials the pharmacology companies have a list of rugs that will work.
Some will kill the virus packets, some will envelope the packet and render it useless, some will stop it reproducing some will stop your immune system attacking it ( which is why you actually die ) and some will stop you spreading it .
Then the hard slog starts because if a drug has no side effects then it is not working and there are a lot of things you can not model for so that is where the clinical trials come in.
Ideally you would do this for several years to cover all of the variables ( remember those known unknowns ) and that is the bit they have short cuted .

Remember every year the flu virus changes so last years vaccine will not be as effective or might not work at all.
So in the space of a few weeks the vaccine companies come up with a new vaccine for the current flue and that vaccine some times will change several times in a single season.
The vaccine that the north should have finished taking will be different to the one we will get in the south in a few months time .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
PT,
Technology gets faster all the time
When Mr Briggs &Mr Stratton started to make engines the only way to test a new engine design was to make a set of drawings , send then down to the foundry & machine shop hen 10 days latter you had a test machine.
Now days I can sit at my computer , design an engine, build it virtually and run it on the desktop .
I can change the bore, stroke, piston ring width, ring placement , gudgeon pin placement even the size & position of the cooling fins, all on the computer without touching a single piece of metal .
The same technology exists for medacines.
W can thank Thalidomide and in particularly AIDS for that where they made softwear to check what almost every combination of currently available drugs in every doseage levels before they gave it to a single patient .
Microscopy has gone leaps & bounds so researchers can see what they are looking at and watch what happens to virus packets when expose to various drugs in real time .
So before they even think of doing trials the pharmacology companies have a list of rugs that will work.
Some will kill the virus packets, some will envelope the packet and render it useless, some will stop it reproducing some will stop your immune system attacking it ( which is why you actually die ) and some will stop you spreading it .
Then the hard slog starts because if a drug has no side effects then it is not working and there are a lot of things you can not model for so that is where the clinical trials come in.
Ideally you would do this for several years to cover all of the variables ( remember those known unknowns ) and that is the bit they have short cuted .

Remember every year the flu virus changes so last years vaccine will not be as effective or might not work at all.
So in the space of a few weeks the vaccine companies come up with a new vaccine for the current flue and that vaccine some times will change several times in a single season.
The vaccine that the north should have finished taking will be different to the one we will get in the south in a few months time .

I have a friend who got paid to be a test subject for a possible vaccine. I'm not sure if it was the same vaccine that's coming available.

It was just the timing of this exact sort of epidemic, that forced people to use social distancing and masks.

On a side note My hearing being what it is, at least when everyone finally gets to take their masks off, I'll be able to hear them. Simply because when wearing a mask, you have to talk louder. And everyone will be use to it.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Considering the technological advances over just the last decade things are a lot easier to gene sequence which was one of the hardest parts developing vaccines. Just think they just discovered that the flu virus can be attack at the stalk of the virus instead of the head. The stalk rarely changes year to year so they may be able to develop an one time flu shot vaccine in the near future.

Plus they are using a completely new way of developing the vaccines now which also speeds development. Sometime all it take is the tweaking of an already develop vaccine.

Plus if the governments would actual resolve some the problems rioting wouldn't happen. Or in recent history having someone to egg it on just to get his way.

Look at the latest reports where the president is thinking about just declaring martial law so he can stay in office. If that happens boy my customers are going to be pissed as I will double my rates just I can put with the hassles of getting anything done.

I doubt Trump will call marshal law. Since Barr's resignation, and the supreme court knocking his feet out from under him, he doesn't have a leg to stand on now. If he even tries it, the GOP will kick him to the curb.
I don't think the president has near as much power as people make out. Luckily for us.

But like I was saying, the riots, protests and what looked like a civil war coming, is all gone now. Nothing like a good ole fashion epidemic to shut people up. In fact, it almost seemed like marshal law, when you think about it. Orders to do just about everything a certain way. With the exception of being force to do it, just because the government said so. In this case, if you didn't, you got covid.