HoHoHo

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
My shop is a 24x24 building. I could use double the space. I don't have much room to stock parts. I want a sand blast cabinet but no room for it. Every inch of wall space is used. Told the wife i need to build an "annex". That got a pretty emphatic No.

And how much room do you have in your clothes closet?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You should known that as that's his wife's shoe box. <lol>.

Mine not that full yet but the master bath has 12 ea 18 gal storage bins full of parts in it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ain't no room there either.
You and every one else
My blasting cabinet & parts washers ( 3 ) all live outside along the wall under the upstairs verandah .
Inside I have 3 working bays that are under Dexion pallet racking so the space above is storage and the divisions are my shelves.
The lathes , small mill, pedistal drill & press all live in alcoves under shelving.
I unbolted the braces on the Dexion and narrowed the end frames to about 2 foot because I put shelves on them not pallets .
It was very cheap to do.
The Dexion was all bought second hand from factories that were closing down and the shelving was the shipping sheets from a kitchen cabinet company.
These are thick , around 1.5" but not as tightly compressed as normal MDF and go on the top & bottom of MDF stacks to protect the MDF from damage in transit.
Only downside is they have to be painted all over before fitting or they adsorb water then fluff up and of course there are grooves where the strapping was .
My workshop is only 10 foot to the upstairs bearers but an amazing amount of stuff goes up there.
In the landlords shed where he has a hip roof and 20 foot of height we installed a full mezzanine using Dexion then one shelf for storage over another shelf which became a work bench.
and naturally more storage underneath the bench,
This allowed strong downlighting over the work benches but they were made from old hardwood fence rails then soaked with old engine oil so they smelled "right"

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wishing 2021 is a better year for all.

I don't know about getting stuck yet either. We'll see how the first shots work on those. I'm reading many are having some side effects..

My Cousin & his wife up in PA both have the Covid & are in the hospital. Learned that the wife just passed away..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wishing 2021 is a better year for all.

I don't know about getting stuck yet either. We'll see how the first shots work on those. I'm reading many are having some side effects..

My Cousin & his wife up in PA both have the Covid & are in the hospital. Learned that the wife just passed away..

Sorry to hear that as well.
With over 300,000 deaths to date and up to 1,000,000 expected before it is under control there will be very few Americans who will be more than 3 steps of separation between themselves and a victim of Covid 19 .

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Guys.

Bert, you are correct sir.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks Guys.

Bert, you are correct sir.
One time I really do not want to be .
Fortunately we have universal free health care and a small health budget so the government acted quickly and we have all but eliminated Covid-19 and if they get the quarrentine right we will be done with it all together.