HoHoHo

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I don't know what to believe anymore. I just decided screw it, if I get it, i get it. Take as much of my plasma for other patients to get Well. . I'm in excellent health and no conditions that affect my lungs. And I've been taking extra Vitamins that are beneficial to my immune system.
I keep hearing masks work, masks work. Yet i know at least 15 people who've gotten the virus, wore the mask, washed their hands and all that, like their life depended on it. I haven't done any of that and im fine 10 months later.
Im just taking my chance with 98.2% survival rate.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
While none of my friends have passed from covid complications some of my older friends have had relatives and friends pass. What is ironic is i am not a germaphobe type but i do follow reasonable precautions. Many of my friends have gotten the virus and they are the ones who are the most diligent with all the precautions. It is all just kind of crazy. A very close friend is having long term covid complications for 6 months that look like a cross between MS and Parkinson's disease. She has been in and out of the hospital. Last trip was 200 miles to the Cleveland clinic. And with 5 kids too. Some folks are asymptomatic, some are messed up for life and some die. Sad situation.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well since I am a loner I will still use precautions but at work one of the best hand sanitizers is the gasoline and oils that I deal with constantly. I do wear a mask when dealing with the public. Maybe it is because I had pneumonia and nearly died from it being not able to breathe. It is the first year I ever gotten a flu shot and I am 61.

Anyway I have limited contact with the public. One neighbor had the virus. Got it at work where a fool brought it into the work place knowing very well he had the virus just to spread it around. It took the guy three weeks to recover then a week afterwards ended up in the horsepital with pneumonia with erratic heartbeats. Same thing just happen to another customer where his wife got the virus at work. Same thing a co-worker intentionally brought the virus into the work place.

All I know I have been a lot healthier since I became a loner and avoid the public especially during the winter months where no one wears to prevent spreading the colds and flu around. Boy did I stay sick a lot attending public schools.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
For 40 years i was a service rep going into 3 or 4 different offices every day. In 40 years i called in sick once. Wife says i am too mean to get sick. Not sure what she meant by that.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't know what to believe anymore. I just decided screw it, if I get it, i get it. Take as much of my plasma for other patients to get Well. . I'm in excellent health and no conditions that affect my lungs. And I've been taking extra Vitamins that are beneficial to my immune system.
I keep hearing masks work, masks work. Yet i know at least 15 people who've gotten the virus, wore the mask, washed their hands and all that, like their life depended on it. I haven't done any of that and im fine 10 months later.
Im just taking my chance with 98.2% survival rate.

Ever thought you could be one of the people who have it , that show no symptoms but pass it on to others ?
masks are a precaution but they must be properly fitted and very few are that I see on the street.
What I find very annoying is it is a virus that can not liver for very long outside a host
As such it could be eliminated if every one stayed at home for 2 to 3 weeks, did a home test & only go outside if they test negative.

We got a prime example of just how contageous it is
1 man came up here with no symptoms , carrying covid.
He had a meeting and passed it on to 4 of his co workers
They went to dinner at a popular pub where he infected 27 more people
This ended up with over 30 people dead and around 4,000 infections
Of those infected several hundred are still too sick to return to work 3 months latter.
Like most viruses it affects different people differently.
Some don't know they have it, some end up in intensive care

New Zealand erradicated it by having a full shut down for a month.
After that all they had had was the odd case that jumped quarrintine from people entering from overseas.
All it takes is will power & some co-operation and we could erradicate completely from the planet.
Why some governments decided that dividends to shareholder was more important that the lives of their fellow countrymen is beyond me

2 days ago they found a couple with covid down here, first case in around 30 days.
Considering the suburb, it will have come from flight crew, as a lot live in this area & it is a USA strain that no one else in NSW has.
For some idiot reason we allow flight crew to get off their planes, get into their cars, drive home & supposedly "self-isolate" which of course only works if you live alone.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some folks are quarantining with a few close friends. Johnnie walker, Jim Beam, Captain Morgan, jack Daniels. They read on the internet that alcohol kills the virus.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So my ex's aunt is in a nursing home from dementia. She's also been diagnosed with Covid, As well as many other residents there. She doesn't know anyone or anything at this point. Totally bed ridden, and fading fast. Rarely moves.. You get the picture.
Well, the other night about 13:30pm, she starts sliding off the bed. it took about 20 minutes for her to actually get tot he floor. In the video, you can see her griping the covers. But she was just too weak.
Long story short, the nurses finally came in to check on her 5 hours later. She had a big bruise on the side of her face. In less than 24hours later, she dies.
Cause of death listed on the death cert., Covid 19. Not falling from the bed. Not dementia. But Covid.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'm sorry to hear that PT.
There are probably quite a few people who died WITH Covid, but not BECAUSE of covid. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Covid has not killed people. it's just so weird how it effects people. some like a mild cold as my sister and her husband described it. and others it knocks them flat on their back.
i hope 2021 is a lot better for all of us.

Lawn Addict
Threads
PTmowerMech- Sorry to hear. But agree no matter what, it gets tagged as covid.. But that is how states try & get more funding.. Rotten crooks.