Warm weather

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The one and only thing I like it the time to take a break from lawn care. But by February I'll be itching to mow again.

Heck I am ready for a break.
I don't know what happened this year but I am still doing 46 weekly property visits.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now I know why I'm on the opposite side of most posts around here. Most members are warm weather individuals. If the temp is above 70 F. I start to get crabby. Give me the cold weather and the snow over the heat. Can't go ice fishing, woods are full of too many biting things, people all over the outdoors, etc. Now you can say my brain never thaws out, that's why I'm the way I am.

Threads
There is nothing worse than a wind that pushes snow onto my neck while I am snowblowing!

Yeah, I like the breack, but it gets long here. Start working again in April.

Yep its around April 1st here. This past year it wasn't until mid-April because we had super cold temps, but the year before that it was April 1st, and the year before that it was late March.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now I know why I'm on the opposite side of most posts around here. Most members are warm weather individuals. If the temp is above 70 F. I start to get crabby. Give me the cold weather and the snow over the heat. Can't go ice fishing, woods are full of too many biting things, people all over the outdoors, etc. Now you can say my brain never thaws out, that's why I'm the way I am.

The optimum temperature for brain activity 16.5 deg C.
Most "brain intensive" workplaces aim for a working temperature 16 to 19 deg C.
Brain might like it cool but the body does not.
The hotter your brain gets the harder it is to think till eventually you shut down the thinking sections of your brain and resort to base emotional responses.
Thus the "too hot to think" and "hot under the collar" explanations of why people who know better do stupid things.
It is why "bikie bosses" insist the underlings wear matt black helmets ( when they do wear helmets ) and why your dog goes crazy if you lock it inside your car on a hot day.
The top 1/3 of the country calls it "gone troppo" and happens every year just before the tail end of the Asian monsoons blow in and cool down things a bit.
Oddly enough the native animals realise this so sleep during the excessive heat of the day but us idiot humans attempt to carry on as usual during the opressive heat.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am seeing this all the time that someone just loves mowing or operating equipment and I am thinking how much I hate it. I got thinking about it and think it goes back to my younger days on the farm when I had to operate farm equipment for 10+ hours a day 6 days a week. It was a welcome relief when something broke down so I could go back to the shop to repair it. As a truck mechanic I have had opportunely to be a driver but what little I did drive I couldn't get back into repairs fast enough. Then when I retired I thought I would deliver parts for a NAPA dealer but that didn't last long before I as doing repair work in my own shop here at home. I guess once repairs get into your system its hard to get away from it.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
The optimum temperature for brain activity 16.5 deg C.
Most "brain intensive" workplaces aim for a working temperature 16 to 19 deg C.
Brain might like it cool but the body does not.
The hotter your brain gets the harder it is to think till eventually you shut down the thinking sections of your brain and resort to base emotional responses.
Thus the "too hot to think" and "hot under the collar" explanations of why people who know better do stupid things.
It is why "bikie bosses" insist the underlings wear matt black helmets ( when they do wear helmets ) and why your dog goes crazy if you lock it inside your car on a hot day.
The top 1/3 of the country calls it "gone troppo" and happens every year just before the tail end of the Asian monsoons blow in and cool down things a bit.
Oddly enough the native animals realise this so sleep during the excessive heat of the day but us idiot humans attempt to carry on as usual during the opressive heat.

Mexicans have it tho! Tuesday siesta!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ya,Wooooo, here it comes. Hoping to get 9-11" by tomorrow morning and temps not to get above freezing for a week. Just got in from clearring the first 3". Hope I'll need the big blower in the morning. Sorry to those of you who are warm weather lovers, but I'll be in Hog Heaven for a while. Watch out in the northeast, this is some heavy stuff.

Threads
Ya,Wooooo, here it comes. Hoping to get 9-11" by tomorrow morning and temps not to get above freezing for a week. Just got in from clearring the first 3". Hope I'll need the big blower in the morning. Sorry to those of you who are warm weather lovers, but I'll be in Hog Heaven for a while. Watch out in the northeast, this is some heavy stuff.

Slight chance of some sleet where I am. No snow.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

Just keep it in Wisconsin

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Home town got 40 cm of snow. Glad I aint there for the moment!