Warm weather

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's been in the 60's a lot of the week. Today it's not getting out of the 30's with wind chills in the 20's. Tonight it will get down to around 24 degrees. But then back into the 60's for Christmas Eve. It's been a weird December for sure!! No snow here, yet, and none in the forecast.

Sound like your weather and ours is running about the same. Just maybe we can send all our cold weather and snow to Rivets this winter. I do agree with one thing and that is not going down south for the winter. Everything I see about down south looks like a mad house of traffic, fast food restaurants or how many miles you can petal a bicycle in a days time, no thank you.

Threads
Sound like your weather and ours is running about the same. Just maybe we can send all our cold weather and snow to Rivets this winter. I do agree with one thing and that is not going down south for the winter. Everything I see about down south looks like a mad house of traffic, fast food restaurants or how many miles you can petal a bicycle in a days time, no thank you.

I'd be perfectly happy if the snow stayed away, also. I'm not a huge fan of snow removal. The first storm or two is nice, but then after that it gets old. But you can't beat the feeling of after you snowblow driveways all day and you get to sit down in the warmth and relax. :thumbsup:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'd be perfectly happy if the snow stayed away, also. I'm not a huge fan of snow removal. The first storm or two is nice, but then after that it gets old. But you can't beat the feeling of after you snowblow driveways all day and you get to sit down in the warmth and relax. :thumbsup:

I find that plowing snow is much faster then blowing snow. Last year was the first year I started to plow the snow till the snow got too deep and the snow banks got too high. Then I got the snowblower out to clean up everything so I could use the plow more. I only had to get the snowblower out a couple of times last snow season. We get our snow storms off of Lake Ontario so that means we can get hit hard with snow when it dose come.

Threads
I find that plowing snow is much faster then blowing snow. Last year was the first year I started to plow the snow till the snow got too deep and the snow banks got too high. Then I got the snowblower out to clean up everything so I could use the plow more. I only had to get the snowblower out a couple of times last snow season. We get our snow storms off of Lake Ontario so that means we can get hit hard with snow when it dose come.

Yeah I believe you that plowing is faster. A lot of the time I have to go on the slowest or second slowest speed the snowblower has, just so it can manage the deep snow. Although it's probably not good for a 2-stage snowblower, I have the scraper bar essentially touching the ground so I can just get the majority of the snow off during the first pass, and then after I'm done just go back at the fastest speed the snowblower has to make it perfectly snow-free. That way I don't have to shovel at all, except for some walkways.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Weather this year can't make up it's mind. Looks like a rainy Christmas predicted, but still had to mow grass today.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I love the weather this year. Some grass is still growing.
Been nice riding weather on the weekends.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't mind heading to FL for a few weeks when it's cold. Hit the beach.

We are going to have a green Christmas! Rather rare for here.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't mind heading to FL for a few weeks when it's cold. Hit the beach. We are going to have a green Christmas! Rather rare for here.

Going to be 75 here. My wife is not happy at all. She wants snow.