Sad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One of the nice things about living on "a little white pimple on the brown bum of the planet " ( As prime Minister Keeting described Oz ) is we have technicolour undies down here. Because of the influence of US politics the majors are Red & Blue then there is the Green , people of good intention trying to save the planet without bothering to understand how it works first , then the Purples ( self ritechous God botherers ) and in this election some Yellows as well ( OZ's closest copy of Trump ) Plus a smattering of smaller parties & independents .
Having compulsory voting makes a massive difference and having a Senate that serves a double term of the reps keeps massive swings in check because only 1/2 of them get voted for in each election and every state has the same number of Senators ( 6 ) so the norm is 1 senator each for the two major parties and a minor party / independent .
It does to a point Keep the B@#*@#*# honest
Change subject sorta...

Question Bert do you have a pair of Shawnwear shorts? Hope you know what I am referring to.

If you do I will need a pair of sunglasses as those some brightest handmade shorts I ever seen. <LOL>.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
never wear shorts except when swimming or in hospital
In a very hot place with very high UV levels , exposing your skin to the sun is not a good idea
In a country with lots os things like snakes & spiders doubly not adviseable
I do have about 20 pairs of coveralls though .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I don't wear shorts either except in the house as saw briars and black berry vines are plentiful here along with lots poison ivy. I have been nearly horsepitize because being completely cover in the poison ivy results.

Oh put on the blinders here is the shorts. Got to be a city guy.
1631133951946.png

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I got into Poison Sumac once, had large bubbles of what looked like Tar on me, itched like mad, worst 4 days of my life.
I've found that Rubbing alcohol helps with my posion ivy itching, put it on when it begins itching and it dries it out and stops the itching.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Oh yes , no shortage of excaped roses that have reverted to briars, blackberry vines in the drainage ditches I can not get into that can grow 100' in a season, honey locust with 4" long spikes , lantana , & boganvillias , got the lot on the roadside verges that I mow.
Spent 4 years taming them then the council came along and glycoed the lots so all of the native grasses I had carefully encouraged died & all of the afore mentioned weeds came back

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well we just got same brainy people are too. I carefully killed all the tall grasses along a 600 ft long bank and planted centipede grass only for the county dimwits to spray it. I had a few choices for my county district supervisor. Along showing him a video of his guys spraying across a river which is a no no here. Boy did he crawl his work crew about it. I no longer in that county or state so that point is mute now.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The articles you linked to also claim that Covid 19 was biological warfare which is again rubbish, it was the result of POVERTY as was the previous Covid outbreaks , MERS , Swine Flu & Avian Flu .

Guess no one saw the virologist that fled China and was on Tucker Carlson last night and verified that covid-19 was in fact developed in the Wuhan lab and released by China on the rest of the world.

Or Rand Paul on Hannity tonight revealing that Fauci is responsible for the gain of function research and we even funded it. Fauci needs to be fire and tried for crimes against humanity. He is the fox guarding the hen house and we are paying $417,608.00 a year to do it. He started the research here under Obama who saw how dangerous it was and shut him down. He took it to Wuhan and channeled the funding through another research facility and we payed for it.
I bet if you googled "grain of Function" or anything else what you see is not a balanced search but optimised according to your other searches or pages you visited .
Googles search algorithm probably has already put you in the" right wing Republican - Democrat hating , conspiracy believer group "
Thus all you see is the articles that agree with what you are posting and nothing to the contary
You will probably have to go to the 50th page before you find any links to the cancer or malaria work if it is there at all .
Even worse is the top 20 or so will be the same event commented upon by 20 different people with opinions strongly resembling yours.
Once again I am not trying to condemn you for your opinions, in fact I appreciate them because it has sent me down some rabbit holes I would never have come across.
I clear the cashe , cookies & history in my browsers every time I open them ( automatically when I close them to be truthful ) .
That way I hope to get a more balanced search for the simple cost of having to book mark a lot of pages I regularly visit and type in account names & passwords every time I log into a lot of the web sites I regularly visit.
However the search results from Google are always much more tailored than the search results when using Bing and particularly Bing in Brave .
If you have a g.mail account it is even worse because Google reads every single email you recieve and in particular you reply to in order to learn what you believe .
Don't know if other "free" email servers do the same but I would be amazed if they didn't because creating profiles of people for sale to the highest bidder is the prime source of income for most of these companies .
To counter this I pay for my email server , and have 10 different email addresses
I also have some free email accounts that I use purely for joining forums ( like this ) and last time I checked all of their mail boxes were at full capacity and bouncing incoming emails.

Now if you really want to go down a conspiracy worm hole have a good look at what the "free" computer & phone app are actually doing to you & with you .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well we just got same brainy people are too. I carefully killed all the tall grasses along a 600 ft long bank and planted centipede grass only for the county dimwits to spray it. I had a few choices for my county district supervisor. Along showing him a video of his guys spraying across a river which is a no no here. Boy did he crawl his work crew about it. I no longer in that county or state so that point is mute now.
So just imagine how I feel cause I got 5 miles of verge to look after with 7 under road drains and 2 creeks .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you are not using No Script Google scans a lot what you do too. Even here this has scripts for advertising that do it. here are the current ones on this thread only. I am blocking three of them currently.
As far Gmail scanning my emails it going to be hard as most are encrypted and some are even password protected. The enduser must have my 256 bit decryption code. Of course with enough time they could break the code but are they really that desperate.
…lawnmowerforum.com
…ezodn.com
…ezoic.net
…threadloom.com

And Adblock is blocking 6 ads. If I turn off No Script then Adblock shows a 100+ ads that it blocks or at least that is what showed last year. I allowed the ads the site would become useless to me.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg as some sites have ten + scripts running. CNN for one has over 21 scripts on thier opening page. Other site are just as bad. Eats up your bandwidth in a hurry.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep
The band with problem was what got me a while back
We have the worst internet on the planet in Australia because the market is too small and the distances are too big so when telecommunications were privatised we ended up with with perfect ultra high speed connections to the few in mansionville , almost acceptable in the inner city & rubbish every where else.
I am 75km from the largest city in the country and 15 km from the new international airport but apparently it is technically impossible to connect me except by ADSL from an exchange 6 miles away ( crap speed ) or by satelite $$$$$$ .
I did not bother with add blocking because to help the sites I visit get income I regularly skimmed through some of the adds.
But when the last change was done here and they subscribed to enzoic , my entire 20Gb / month of "full speed" downloads was gobbled up in less than a week .
After that the download speed is choked so that most pages time out before they load.
Thus add blocker was enabled for this site .
Fwiw Add blocker shows 136 blocked adds on this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.