Sad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Today is a sad day for the state of TN and talk radio. Today renowned talk show radio host Phil Valentine passed away of the Covid19 virus. Phil hosted the Phil Valentine show on Super Talk 99.7 WTN for many years. He was my ride home from work every working day. He will be missed. May God bless his family as they move forward and heal from their loss.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
He wasn't as invincible as he thought. No one should tempt faith. I learned a long time ago to heed warnings.

What is more sad is the 10 people that just die in severe flooding in TN near Nashville. They too didn't heed the warnings.

1629622465052.png

Although I didn't know any of these 11 folks it is sad to here of their deaths from being hardheaded.

The old adage is still true. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound cure."

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was the radio guy vaccinated?

Or was he one of those Democrats that think covid is a political joke slash scam?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No untimely death is a good thing but one wonders just how many of his devoted listeners took his previous advice & did not get vaccinated then died before him because they looked up to him & trusted him .
IT is the one thing that really urks me about President Trump's continued anti-vaccine , anti- face mask & anti quarrentine stance.
He got fully vaccinated himself then had the best healthcare available to any person on the planet yet he wants others to take unnecessary risks with their life .

As for floods in TN & fires in Greece ( or OZ last season for that matter ) way back in the 70's when I was in college scientists were warning & predicting that global warming could drive substantially more sever weather extremes but they got ignored.
Then vested interests turned climate change into a left - right political idology debate .
Well now it is here and note every flood suddenly has become the biggest ever recorded in that particular region , every drought is the most sever ever recorded for that region.
Hotter hot days & colder cold days which whips up a lot stronger winds .
And the worst is yet to come

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Trump was the pres. He didn't want to scare, alarm or freak out the public. He did say masks and the vaccine work. He knows they all work as he gets the best briefing from top so called experts daily. Every word he said or tweet he did, someone freaked out. And the Democraps were first to attack him on his every word.

Politics aside, Trump did more for the American PEOPLE than I've ever seen. Low gas prices, border wall, stock market boomed and many more.

And our current pres "Sleepy" Joe Biden. What has he done for us? LOL Okay I DO like one thing the man has done. Pull the troops out of Afghanistan. Although he screwed it all up by removing the troops before the civilians. Step in the right direction. Next I hope he pulls out of Korea and Vietnam. What the heck are we still over there for?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Was the radio guy vaccinated?

Or was he one of those Democrats that think covid is a political joke slash scam?
No he wasn't vaccinated. He once said he had less than a 1% of getting the virus.

And here in Tennessee like Alabama most of the population associate with the Republican party. Personally I am a true independent voter, I don't vote along party lines just because I don't associate with any particular party. I do my research and vote whomever I think can do the best job.

But I can honestly says that the Republicans have made it hard for me to vote for their candidates with all the lies being told. Its just like a bunch brats fighting over a cookie. Right now I would rather vote for a rattlesnake instead of any of political candidates. At least I know what it going to do.

As for the US civilians in Afghanistan they should of had their backsides out a long time ago. They knew we were pulling out a long time before it happen fully. There is nothing like being stupid by voluntarily living in a war zone. That was their choice and now they want us to save their backsides because their stupidity.

It just like someone that has a tornado, hurricane, fire, or flood barrelling down on them that waits to the very last second to try to get to safety. They know it coming but refuse to move until it is too late.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Trump got vaccinated, he also recommended you get the vaccine, but does not believe in mandating it. Personal Liberty. live with the choices you make.
Or die with the choices you make. It can go both ways. It just like with the kids some parents rather take a good chance that their kids will get the virus and die then try to sue the system for not doing more.

One thing we got to remember we all have been dying from very day we were conceived. And the very next second of life is not promised. But we all can do things that don't hasten death.

Sometimes we got to give a little to get a lot in return. It like the research I do for my business. It cost time and money now but later it more than pays for itself. I just replaced a connector housing on a JD 445 that JD want to just wanted to sell me the complete wiring harness but I did the research last year on the same connector housing and I actually had it in stock. $2.12 connector housing (customer cost) vs a $150 harness. All thanks to researching a Yanmar wiring harness connectors.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Afghanistan was a mistake from start to finish
No foreign power has been able to rule Afghanistan for the past 300 years .
While the timing may have not been particularly sound , what happened was going to happen eventually.
The other alternative was to continue to provide air support for the regular army indefinately till every man & woman of serving age was killed .
What escapes most news rooms is that the Afghan regularly army has been loosing 14,000 soldiers a year for the past 5 years when the US ( and OZ ) pulled out regular ground troops.
Without the air support the regulars knew they would be killed before long.
Remember the Talibahn honestly believe that they are doing their Gods work , most of their troops are peasant farmers with nothing to loose , largely uneducated except for what they were taught in the mosques and in the case of the Pashtuns displaced from what they believe was the land God gave them .

And for the benefit of Slomo. it was actually President Trump who made the deal with the Talibahn all President Biden did was to do what president Trump had already committed the USA to do .

Status
Not open for further replies.