Whats wrong with buying a Sears/Craftsman?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think everyone knows that craftsman is not for pro lawn care.
Looking back I see you have been told that most of the members are NOT lawn care pros.

I know you can not answer this but why should a homeowner with a 1 acre yard not buy a craftsman riding mower?
Try and give some fasts about what is wrong with them.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

The problem with buying from Sears is basically like American Turf said, there not a good grade of equipment and based on the fact that places like Sears changes manufacturers almost yearly because of one company buying out another or some company going out of business you never know what your getting or buying and the sales people don't know either.:confused3:

Asking why should a homeowner with a 1 acre yard not buy a craftsman riding mower? Well for one if he's trying to mow an acre with a riding mower he's out of his cotton pickin mind anyway because he should be using a ZTR to begin with. Let me ask and you can explain to myself and the others why I should buy a Riding mower from sears when I can buy a better riding mower else where ( a Dealer) for or in the same price range and have there service dept, and warranty I know I can trust, get discounts on future equipment and have the knowledge to know that the people I'm dealing with actually know what there talking about. Which IMO is something you can not get from Sears or a glorified Kmart???

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The problem with buying from Sears is basically like American Turf said, there not a good grade of equipment and based on the fact that places like Sears changes manufacturers almost yearly because of one company buying out another or some company going out of business you never know what your getting or buying and the sales people don't know either.:confused3:

Asking why should a homeowner with a 1 acre yard not buy a craftsman riding mower? Well for one if he's trying to mow an acre with a riding mower he's out of his cotton pickin mind anyway because he should be using a ZTR to begin with. Let me ask and you can explain to myself and the others why I should buy a Riding mower from sears when I can buy a better riding mower else where ( a Dealer) for or in the same price range and have there service dept, and warranty I know I can trust, get discounts on future equipment and have the knowledge to know that the people I'm dealing with actually know what there talking about. Which IMO is something you can not get from Sears or a glorified Kmart???

First off how big do you think a acre is? I can push mow a acre in about a hour

Everything else I agree with you.

So are you saying the parts on a craftsman are not as good as the parts on a JD
I SAY a craftsman is a better built mower than a JD

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
First off how big do you think a acre is? I can push mow a acre in about a hour

Everything else I agree with you.

So are you saying the parts on a craftsman are not as good as the parts on a JD
I SAY a craftsman is a better built mower than a JD

I never said anything about parts or any particular mower, I just said I could get a better mower in the same price range from a dealer than a Craftsman with better benefits.

As far as you push mowing an acre in an hour.:rolleyes: According to the riding mower deck size compared to yard size below it takes 1 hour to cut an acre with a 42 " deck.

RIDING MOWER DECK SIZE COMPARED TO YARD SIZE

1/2 - 1 Acre The 42" deck would be appropriate
1 - 2 Acres The 42" or 46" deck would be sufficient
2 - 3 Acres The 46", 50" or 54" deck would get the job done quicker

RIDING MOWER DECK SIZE AND TIME SAVINGS

Homeowners with larger lawns may benefit from stepping up in deck size to reduce mowing time.

Deck Size Benefit Cutting Time (2 acres)
42" Deck --- 2 hrs.
46" Deck 10% faster than a 42" deck 1 hr. 48 min.
50" Deck 17% faster than a 42" deck 1 hr. 40 min.
54" Deck 24% faster than a 42" deck 1 hr. 30 min.

Threads
I never said anything about parts or any particular mower, I just said I could get a better mower in the same price range from a dealer than a Craftsman with better benefits.

As far as you push mowing an acre in an hour.:rolleyes: According to the riding mower deck size compared to yard size below it takes 1 hour to cut an acre with a 42 " deck.

Yeah, I can't mow an acre in 1 hour!
1 (2).jpg

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, I can't mow an acre in 1 hour!

I would seriously doubt anyone that would or could push an acre in an hour could and have a lawn that looked decent when they got through. Like my last post, according to the deck size a 42 " deck on a rider will take a person an hour to cut an acre.

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric your like my personal stalker. I really have got to the point that I don't give two shits if you like or believe anything I post.

CauZey

Threads
Some people just wanna watch the world burn! Lol

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric your like my personal stalker. I really have got to the point that I don't give two shits if you like or believe anything I post.

It doesn't matter if I believe or disbelieve you. It comes down to facts and the facts say you are greatly exaggerating your statements.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
And who did this study to say it takes a hour with a 42 inch to cut a acre? Oh that's right no one did a study