Whats wrong with buying a Sears/Craftsman?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I would seriously doubt anyone that would or could push an acre in an hour could and have a lawn that looked decent when they got through. Like my last post, according to the deck size a 42 " deck on a rider will take a person an hour to cut an acre.

I mowed an acer once with a 21 inch mower from jd If I Remember right that was about 2 hours to take your time :thumbsup:

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
And who did this study to say it takes a hour with a 42 inch to cut a acre? Oh that's right no one did a study

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

It doesn't matter if I believe or disbelieve you. It comes down to facts and the facts say you are greatly exaggerating your statements.

It you are mowing In a slow pace on a rider it does take hour I am saying like 3rd gear trust me I know but Ric and you both have good points but if it comes down to Rics facts are close

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
And who did this study to say it takes a hour with a 42 inch to cut a acre? Oh that's right no one did a study

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Actually there are a lot of sites that have the information available if you would like to do a search, although I don't see how it matters when its a 42" deck that all manufacturers have and it's size were talking about not the mower. The site I used was the Cub Cadet site.

Print this Page
WHAT IS THE RIGHT DECK SIZE
FOR MY RIDING MOWER?

Cub Cadet riding mower deck sizes range from 42" to 54", and the correct deck size greatly depends on the amount of lawn to be mowed. The information below will help you choose the right deck size for your needs.

RIDING MOWER DECK SIZE COMPARED TO YARD SIZE

1/2 - 1 AcreThe 42" deck would be appropriate
1 - 2 AcresThe 42" or 46" deck would be sufficient
2 - 3 AcresThe 46", 50" or 54" deck would get the job done quicker

RIDING MOWER DECK SIZE AND TIME SAVINGS

Homeowners with larger lawns may benefit from stepping up in deck size to reduce mowing time.

Deck Size Benefit Cutting Time (2 acres)
42" Deck---2 hrs.
46" Deck10% faster than a 42" deck1 hr. 48 min.
50" Deck17% faster than a 42" deck1 hr. 40 min.
54" Deck24% faster than a 42" deck1 hr. 30 min.
Please note: This is simply a guide and not a report on product performance.

ACRES
-vs-
SQUARE FEET
Measurement for proper quoting:
1/4 Acre
10,890 square feet
1/2 Acre
21,780 square feet
3/4 Acre
32,670 square feet
1 Acre
43,560 square feet
GAUGE
-vs-
INCHES THICK
Thickness of steel:
13 ga.
12 ga.
11 ga.
10 ga.
9 ga.
8 ga.
7 ga.
6 ga.

For more information about Cub Cadet's riding mowers, contact a dealer in your area.

The standard self-propelled is 22" wide and runs or mows at about 2.5mph. Using that, you are cutting 402.6 square feet per minute. Assuming you never slow down, and never overlap any cut passes, it will take you 108 minutes or 1hr 48 minutes to cut one full acre.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Actually there are a lot of sites that have the information available if you would like to do a search, although I don't see how it matters when its a 42" deck that all manufacturers have and it's size were talking about not the mower. The site I used was the Cub Cadet site.

Print this Page
WHAT IS THE RIGHT DECK SIZE
FOR MY RIDING MOWER?

Cub Cadet riding mower deck sizes range from 42" to 54", and the correct deck size greatly depends on the amount of lawn to be mowed. The information below will help you choose the right deck size for your needs.

RIDING MOWER DECK SIZE COMPARED TO YARD SIZE

1/2 - 1 AcreThe 42" deck would be appropriate
1 - 2 AcresThe 42" or 46" deck would be sufficient
2 - 3 AcresThe 46", 50" or 54" deck would get the job done quicker

RIDING MOWER DECK SIZE AND TIME SAVINGS

Homeowners with larger lawns may benefit from stepping up in deck size to reduce mowing time.

Deck Size Benefit Cutting Time (2 acres)
42" Deck---2 hrs.
46" Deck10% faster than a 42" deck1 hr. 48 min.
50" Deck17% faster than a 42" deck1 hr. 40 min.
54" Deck24% faster than a 42" deck1 hr. 30 min.
Please note: This is simply a guide and not a report on product performance.

ACRES
-vs-
SQUARE FEET
Measurement for proper quoting:
1/4 Acre
10,890 square feet
1/2 Acre
21,780 square feet
3/4 Acre
32,670 square feet
1 Acre
43,560 square feet
GAUGE
-vs-
INCHES THICK
Thickness of steel:
13 ga.
12 ga.
11 ga.
10 ga.
9 ga.
8 ga.
7 ga.
6 ga.

For more information about Cub Cadet's riding mowers, contact a dealer in your area.

Ric is it the higher the number the thinner the deck or the lower number ?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric is it the higher the number the thinner the deck or the lower number ?

It's the Higher the number or Gauge the thinner the deck. Most of those with the in the double digit numbers are going to be the stamped decks. Then you'll have those deck (mostly Fabricated) that can have two different thickness, the deck and top plate will be different. You get into those single digits and you have a tank.

A

AmericanTurf

Carscw. You keep asking about facts for crapmans. And you keep answering your own question by saying that they are NOT commercial grade.... That is the factual answer to your own question.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Carscw. You keep asking about facts for crapmans. And you keep answering your own question by saying that they are NOT commercial grade.... That is the factual answer to your own question.

American Turf, you're right he does answer his own questions quite often.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The profanity police have struck!:laughing: