More tools. WOO HOO

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission took to helicopters and slaughtered thousands of these hogs, and just let'm lay.
If you have ever tried to eat one you would understand why
Only 2 meats I will not eat
1) wild bore
2 ) old billy goat
and shooting them from a helicopter will have ruined the hides so no good for leather either.
Razor backs make excellent leather soles.

And yes people are naturally violent towards each other, particularly males while they determine their place in the hierarchy of their peer group & the peer group finds it's place in the larger herd .
All animals do this in one way or another, and for the religious nutters who think people are higher order of beings so do not have these traits are deluding themselves and over the decades have corrupted civil laws to represent their religious beliefs and as such forced their beliefs on every one.
Every one has the right to believe what they want to but no one has the rights to force their beliefs on others against their will.
Now getting back to violence so yes we will be violent to each other, and the less personal space you have the more violent you will be .
This has been demonstrated thousands of times with everything from birds to mice to elephants and that includes people.
However the outcomes from being punched in the face to being shot in the face are vastly different .
Humans use weapons and have done so from day one so the trick is to limit the access to weapons be they be a pistol in your pocket , a razor in your shoe, a plank by the side of the road, a bottle or anything else we perceive that will give us an advantage .
The human body can take a phenomonal amount of beating and still recover .
Far fewer recover from being shot particularly from ammo like hollow points which have no place anywhere outside the military .

And as for physical violence , on a per head of population it is going down in every first world country , except the USA where it has been slowly rising since the end of WW II .
Now you can attribute it to anything you like up to & including the definition of violence but the statists show a clear drop in the reported violence down here , be that be by the victim or the emergency services treating the injured or deceased but our numbers have dropped like a stone since the gun laws came in.
MY personal belief is that the politicians took it way too far to include air guns , then knives , then bow & arrows however each & ever time a new restriction went in the government of the day got a bigger majority on the vote so the population obviously believes that mass dissarmentment makes them feel safer & they want it .
One this was taken as far as it could, we went the way of the USA and thought that putting every one in prison for longer periods of time would have the same effect, but the polsters got it wrong & the "law & order auction" for votes backfired, we ( as a population ) don't want every one in gaol as we know that gaol is not the answer .

When your Covid crisis is over , and I genuinely hope that is very soon , you will start seeing interesting crime stats come out and hopefully they will end up becoming the basis of new legislation.
Down here street violence went down 98% and most of that was attributed to drunken violence because boozers were either closed or had restrictions on the numbers of drinkers.
The other big factor was street gangs could not walk around in bigger groups than 5 , in fact no one could be in a bigger group than 5 adults.
Domestic violence increased , but only by 35% and this was attributed to drug use primarily with lack of personal space coming a close second .
Traffic collisions causing a hospital visit went down by 99.6%

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The best meat of a wild pig is the young ones, less than 10 months old and around 40 pounds. they're tender.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Have you tried young kid? I dress one mine out and bbq it every once a while just to keep the schools off my back for not sending the kids to schools as they think I got school age ones here. Had an old man come up earlier this year insisting I put my kids in school. I ordered him off the property for being an idiot.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you do take a deer make sure you get it tested for the wasting disease. It is in my area.

My conspiracy mind thinks that some of those chemicals they in growing deer corn is what's causing that.
Being spread out like it is makes me think it's a company that ships the stuff all over.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you have ever tried to eat one you would understand why
Only 2 meats I will not eat
1) wild bore
2 ) old billy goat
and shooting them from a helicopter will have ruined the hides so no good for leather either.
Razor backs make excellent leather soles.

And yes people are naturally violent towards each other, particularly males while they determine their place in the hierarchy of their peer group & the peer group finds it's place in the larger herd .
All animals do this in one way or another, and for the religious nutters who think people are higher order of beings so do not have these traits are deluding themselves and over the decades have corrupted civil laws to represent their religious beliefs and as such forced their beliefs on every one.
Every one has the right to believe what they want to but no one has the rights to force their beliefs on others against their will.
Now getting back to violence so yes we will be violent to each other, and the less personal space you have the more violent you will be .
This has been demonstrated thousands of times with everything from birds to mice to elephants and that includes people.
However the outcomes from being punched in the face to being shot in the face are vastly different .
Humans use weapons and have done so from day one so the trick is to limit the access to weapons be they be a pistol in your pocket , a razor in your shoe, a plank by the side of the road, a bottle or anything else we perceive that will give us an advantage .
The human body can take a phenomonal amount of beating and still recover .
Far fewer recover from being shot particularly from ammo like hollow points which have no place anywhere outside the military .

And as for physical violence , on a per head of population it is going down in every first world country , except the USA where it has been slowly rising since the end of WW II .
Now you can attribute it to anything you like up to & including the definition of violence but the statists show a clear drop in the reported violence down here , be that be by the victim or the emergency services treating the injured or deceased but our numbers have dropped like a stone since the gun laws came in.
MY personal belief is that the politicians took it way too far to include air guns , then knives , then bow & arrows however each & ever time a new restriction went in the government of the day got a bigger majority on the vote so the population obviously believes that mass dissarmentment makes them feel safer & they want it .
One this was taken as far as it could, we went the way of the USA and thought that putting every one in prison for longer periods of time would have the same effect, but the polsters got it wrong & the "law & order auction" for votes backfired, we ( as a population ) don't want every one in gaol as we know that gaol is not the answer .

When your Covid crisis is over , and I genuinely hope that is very soon , you will start seeing interesting crime stats come out and hopefully they will end up becoming the basis of new legislation.
Down here street violence went down 98% and most of that was attributed to drunken violence because boozers were either closed or had restrictions on the numbers of drinkers.
The other big factor was street gangs could not walk around in bigger groups than 5 , in fact no one could be in a bigger group than 5 adults.
Domestic violence increased , but only by 35% and this was attributed to drug use primarily with lack of personal space coming a close second .
Traffic collisions causing a hospital visit went down by 99.6%

You folks have a different culture down there. Ours started out violent and overly religious. Slaughtering indians, burning what they thought were witches. Then the freeing of the slaves, which scared the daylights out of a lot of white people.
It's morphed into all sorts of different problems. With the end result being who's got the biggest or most guns.
When the pro gun people tell their side of the story, it's always the good side of why guns should be allowed. Backed up with Dick & Mary middle class homeowner, protecting themselves and their property. Which is a viable reason. And since America is filled with a lot of those people, then the argument is correct.
When the other side argues this issue, they're also right when they use our high number of gun violence stats. Stats that include Dick blowing Mary away because she cheated on him and lost custody of his kids.

Reducing the amount of guns is a great idea. As long as they get them from the bad guys first. If that was even possible, there'd be no need it taking the good guys guns.
At least not til after the divorce.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Goes back to what I said before
Dick comes home & finds Mary in bed with Bob
Over there he pulls out whatever he is carrying and blows Mary & Bob into dog food in an irrational emotional state
Then he realizes what he has done considering he has been having it off with Betty for years so either blows his own brains out or ends up doing 20 years.
A loose loose situation
Down here he has to get the fire arm out of a locked case then get the ammo from another by which time Bob has done a naked dash down the street and Mary has had time to either follow Bob or placate Dick.
They divorce , no one dies, no one goes to gaol and all are better off .
A win win situation .
If no one is allowed to carry then the criminals are going to do 5 years manditory if they get caught on the street with a firearm .
So they can fight it out inside where the only bystanders that can get hurt are other criminals.
So every one on the streets are safer .
Look at stats from the UK where carrying gets you 5 to 10 on top ow whatever you are convicted of or just the 5 to 10 if the case fails .
Armed robberies are so low it is not funny because it is not worth the extra 5 to 10 if you get caught.
Shop owners then protect themselves with CCTV not a 12 bore under the counter , particularly if they have them both internally & externally and have another external on the other side of the road.
This latter idea has taken off down here because the criminals never look at the shop / factory over the road that they are not robbing at the time .
The other biggie is decrimalising drugs so they can be controlled , just like booze
The biggest winners down here were actually the farmers because the fire arm cabinet keys are generally in the pockets of 2 different people so when the bank sends the foreclosure notice, dad can not grab the shotgun kill his whole family then blow his brains out .
From day I the most common fire arm death down here was the 12 gauge sandwich
The second most common was the Mary & Bob situation .
The third was the mass shootings by a deranged person
Fourth were drug related crimes , including gang wars
and way down the bottom comes armed robberies .

The most powerful tool in our anti bikie gang tool chest is the fire arm laws
The police raid a "clubhouse" they always find a cashe of fire arms which generally are unlicensed .
So the guns get dusted for prints and every person whose prints are on the guns is looking at 5 years minimum.
So the police can put 20 bikies away without any chance of high paid councils getting them off on a technicality .
Some footballers got done for posting a video of them shooting but it was found the owner had no license so he got 5 years (he was the brother of one of them ).
The others all got the 5 years which was commuted to good behaviour after several appeals .But the owner ended up serving 2 of the 5

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Up here, you can blow away your wife and her lover in bed.
Temporary insanity is a real thing. And should be treated as such.

Sure, he may regret it. But all of that is dodging the equation. A wife is another man's property, note the legal marriage licence you have to get before you get married. She is his just as much as he is hers.
Being faced with a situation like that can drive a person mad. Even if it's temporary.
Losing your kids to a cheating wife will do the same thing to a lot of men.
Up here, a man getting custody of his kids is pretty rare. Not as rare as it used to be.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just to clarify things. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting or even self defense. The amendment was put in place to to allow a democratic republic to keep it's governing body in check and prevent it from becoming a government that has total control of the population. When as a nation the population loses the ability to elect or change the government the citizens become subjects. You can agree or disagree with whether you think the concept is correct but that is the reason the men that helped found the country ratified the second amendment.
While the current sport of many media outlets and other folk is America bashing that is all fine and good and they are entitled as we still have, unlike some countries, the freedom of speech. And focusing on any and every bad thing they have ever read that has happened since 1492 is fine. I wonder if we were to look at other countries histories will we not find things they are not so proud of?
Of course all of this has nothing to do with fixing mowers so i will hop off the soap box now and get back to fixing mowers.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just to clarify things. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting or even self defense. The amendment was put in place to to allow a democratic republic to keep it's governing body in check and prevent it from becoming a government that has total control of the population. When as a nation the population loses the ability to elect or change the government the citizens become subjects. You can agree or disagree with whether you think the concept is correct but that is the reason the men that helped found the country ratified the second amendment.
While the current sport of many media outlets and other folk is America bashing that is all fine and good and they are entitled as we still have, unlike some countries, the freedom of speech. And focusing on any and every bad thing they have ever read that has happened since 1492 is fine. I wonder if we were to look at other countries histories will we not find things they are not so proud of?
Of course all of this has nothing to do with fixing mowers so i will hop off the soap box now and get back to fixing mowers.

I see what you just did there.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well. I'll wind this up with my solution. Here in the USofA nobody would be permitted to have a firearm. Confiscate and destroy them all.

Except me and mine.