More tools. WOO HOO

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
But the majority of American gun nuts don't hunt. Also a lot but not most also realize that the gun isn't the problem. The problems is gangs, and the revolving justice system with criminals out on parole or even worse released 45 minutes after arrest for having an gun on them and then find out they have been arrested 14 times and get arrested again for committing another crime. Other countries don't have the shooting like we do but they have other crimes that are just as bad or worse. Crimes using other weapons or crimes against the person are higher in those countries than what we see here.

I'm not opposed to gun. I'm by no means one of those anti-gunner folks. But one can't deny the data. In countries where gun laws are very strict the homicide rates are a fraction of what they are here. One reason is because even gang bangers have a 2nd Amendment right, as long as they don't have a violent criminal record. The guy who shot up the movie theatre had a 2A right. Same as a LOT of the other mass shooter.
It would be one thing if everyone was armed and able to shoot. But the vast majority of this country don't carry a gun with them when they go shopping, to church, or anywhere else. And there's a lot of reasons for it.
You can't force people to learn to shoot and then carry their weapon with them, no more than you can force the bad guys to give up their guns.
But you can not disagree with the fact that hurting others is just part of human nature. And those that have no problem doing so, will use the most effective weapon they can get their hands on. In our case, it's a gun.

And with all due respect to @bertsmobile1, population plays a HUGE part in the amount of violence in any country. The entire country of Australia has less than the state of Texas, with about 8 major cities. Plus our entire population is well over 300 million.

The bottom line to all this is that violence against each other is human nature. Human kill just for the fun of it. From hunting some 12 point white tail buck to hunting each other over a bag of meth. And everything in between. We have cops shooting unarmed people because they're scared out of their wits.
While I would agree with you on one point, greatly reducing the amount of guns in this country would greatly reduce the amount of gun violence/death in this country, it's still not going to reduce the amount of violent people. Which is where the problem comes from. And no laws, restrictions or regulations is going to change that. It's a true fact that guns don't shoot people. Violent people, with or without a 2nd Amendment right, do shoot people.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
semi autos are almost necessary if you live in TX. Especially if you have farmland, wild pigs are tearing everything up, usually in groups of 10 or 15 or more. And we raise cattle, and need to keep the coyote population in check.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission took to helicopters and slaughtered thousands of these hogs, and just let'm lay.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission took to helicopters and slaughtered thousands of these hogs, and just let'm lay.
Keeps the Buzzard Population healthy. My brother killed a hog the other day, and we saw several buzzards and a Bald Eagle near the kill site yesterday,

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting thread. I chose not to engage in debating politics or belief systems on the internet as it is as productive as trying to push a chain up hill. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as a society we should all respect each others whether we agree or disagree. We should also remember that probably none of us has actual first hand knowledge of what is happening in any government and we rely on some type of media outlet to provide us information on which we base our opinion and belief of events. Since the invention of spoken word all "media" has some sort of bias and we usually choose to get our information from a source that aligns with our opinion. So as the saying goes there is always two sides to every coin there is always more than one version of the facts or more recently allegations that we get presented by whatever media outlet we choose to obtain information from.
So. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Keeps the Buzzard Population healthy. My brother killed a hog the other day, and we saw several buzzards and a Bald Eagle near the kill site yesterday,
The buzzards tend to be a little too healthy in my area, Shot my first deer of the season back toward the end of October, and the buzzards were on it within an hour of being killed. Got my second deer just before Thanksgiving and the bone pile is still laying untouched. So the buzzards left the area, and the other critters don't seem interested including the coyotes.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm not opposed to gun. I'm by no means one of those anti-gunner folks. But one can't deny the data. In countries where gun laws are very strict the homicide rates are a fraction of what they are here. One reason is because even gang bangers have a 2nd Amendment right, as long as they don't have a violent criminal record. The guy who shot up the movie theatre had a 2A right. Same as a LOT of the other mass shooter.
It would be one thing if everyone was armed and able to shoot. But the vast majority of this country don't carry a gun with them when they go shopping, to church, or anywhere else. And there's a lot of reasons for it.
You can't force people to learn to shoot and then carry their weapon with them, no more than you can force the bad guys to give up their guns.
But you can not disagree with the fact that hurting others is just part of human nature. And those that have no problem doing so, will use the most effective weapon they can get their hands on. In our case, it's a gun.

And with all due respect to @bertsmobile1, population plays a HUGE part in the amount of violence in any country. The entire country of Australia has less than the state of Texas, with about 8 major cities. Plus our entire population is well over 300 million.

The bottom line to all this is that violence against each other is human nature. Human kill just for the fun of it. From hunting some 12 point white tail buck to hunting each other over a bag of meth. And everything in between. We have cops shooting unarmed people because they're scared out of their wits.
While I would agree with you on one point, greatly reducing the amount of guns in this country would greatly reduce the amount of gun violence/death in this country, it's still not going to reduce the amount of violent people. Which is where the problem comes from. And no laws, restrictions or regulations is going to change that. It's a true fact that guns don't shoot people. Violent people, with or without a 2nd Amendment right, do shoot people.
I think we are about 98 percent in total agreement.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is always critters that works soft tissues including the maggots. Matter of fact was the only thing that clean up all the meats I threw out my freezer this summer.

Hammer it is like that $1200 stimulus check that supposedly the Feds sent everyone according to all the media reports. Well I have yet to even see it; just probably fake news just the current talk of another stimulus check. They said all I had to do was to file my Federal taxes which I did back in April.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The buzzards tend to be a little too healthy in my area, Shot my first deer of the season back toward the end of October, and the buzzards were on it within an hour of being killed. Got my second deer just before Thanksgiving and the bone pile is still laying untouched. So the buzzards left the area, and the other critters don't seem interested including the coyotes.
I haven't shot anything yet this season, i had a young buck that came in regularly, but he didn't meet any legal criteria. And the. Doe's didn't start coming in until December, and in my County we can only take a doe in the month of November.
But dove season has picked up and there are plenty of them to shoot.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you do take a deer make sure you get it tested for the wasting disease. It is in my area.