More tools. WOO HOO

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
semi autos are almost necessary if you live in TX. Especially if you have farmland, wild pigs are tearing everything up, usually in groups of 10 or 15 or more. And we raise cattle, and need to keep the coyote population in check.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
But the majority of American gun nuts don't hunt. Also a lot but not most also realize that the gun isn't the problem. The problems is gangs, and the revolving justice system with criminals out on parole or even worse released 45 minutes after arrest for having an gun on them and then find out they have been arrested 14 times and get arrested again for committing another crime. Other countries don't have the shooting like we do but they have other crimes that are just as bad or worse. Crimes using other weapons or crimes against the person are higher in those countries than what we see here.

We have reasonable social security , including housing and a reasonable education system so we don't have much of a gang problem .
They are here but very much under control , protection & shake downs are a thing of the past as the police never seem to notice them selling drugs.
There is almost no crime against the general public, nearly all of it is gang against gang .
And yes the gaol; system does not work down here either.
Because it was devised by the rich & privelegded where being in the slammer is a big problem
For a lot of the prisioners, conditions inside are better for them than conditions outside.
We also don't continue the sentence once they are out so a lot can re-enter the general society.
And of course we don't gaol people who fart in the wrong place like you seem to do in the USA so that keeps a lot of people who don't need to be in gaol out of gaol where they learn to become professional criminals.
Every state down here spends more on education than the do on prisions because we realised it was cheaper the educate than to punish

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
semi autos are almost necessary if you live in TX. Especially if you have farmland, wild pigs are tearing everything up, usually in groups of 10 or 15 or more. And we raise cattle, and need to keep the coyote population in check.

You just need to lear to shoot better.
We have razor back problems along all of the rivers during the good seasons when paddy mellos grow wild .
And I have been up a tree twice while the group tried to put down a razor back with 22's which of course bounce off the pigs skin unless you can get one down the throat , in the eye or through the softer underbelly .
Professional shooters still use bolt action rifles however they are allowed to have a 25 shot magazine where as Joe Public only get 8 to 12 rounds.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
oh we can all shoot good, with semi auto you can take more down before they head for the brush.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bert, most of our crime and gun shootings are gang against gang also. Drugs and turf wars. Gangs are a large issue in major cities, and are spreading to rural areas. large number of gang members in prison, and young kids in gangs selling drugs in schools, and kids as you as 8 carrying knives and guns and selling drugs.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Bert, most of our crime and gun shootings are gang against gang also. Drugs and turf wars. Gangs are a large issue in major cities, and are spreading to rural areas. large number of gang members in prison, and young kids in gangs selling drugs in schools, and kids as you as 8 carrying knives and guns and selling drugs.
Chicago comes to mind.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
And the government just keeps paying unmarried, unemployed, uneducated women to have babies that they have no intention of raising. Womb to tomb bleeding the taxpayer.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now you know why I carry a .357 magnum with 158 grain jacketed hollow points. Got to have the both the knock down power and to do serious damage to the target. Hope I never have to shoot a person. as I have seen the damage one those bullets done to a wolf.

Lucky here animal wise as no big ones normally around. The biggest thing I have seen on my lawn was a full grown Great Dane and the shotgun got his attention. No I didn't shoot the dog just discharged the gun safely just to frighten him off as he was trying to get my baby chicks. Plus I knew who owned him so I had to go give the owner a warning. It did take me a while to get all the chicks and the mother out from under all the mower decks though.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
45 ACP loaded with 230 grain Hornady Critical Duty for me as an every day carry.