Simplicity Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Threads
Hi, name is Chris, this is my first Lawn Tractor. A running great Simplicity modle 1690527 3198 rear engine. I want to restore this to look new! My problem is I am burning my lawn, I can NOT get the deck to raise any higher. Looking for help and if I can put some bigger front tires on it, I believe they are only 4.10.......

Thank you.

I hope this forum can be fun.

:welcome: to LMF, Chris! :smile:

BustedKnuckles

Threads
Re: New Owner checking in

Hello Ladies and Gents!

As directed, I'm checking in with my recently acquired 5216H that I plan to keep for personal use. This is my first simplicity and I'm impressed with the quality and quiet running twin cylinder Briggs engine. I found this locally on craigslist (along with another Snapper LT) for $150 each. It runs and mows as is but the choke has to be on all the time and the spindle bearings are howling. I've ordered a carb kit, belts and bearings for installation in the next month or so. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.446166732093198.97606.420579901318548&type=1

As the saying goes, time flies when you're having fun.

I just wrapped up the deck arbor bearing replacement yesterday. It took about 4 hours total from dropping the deck to re-installation; it turned out to be very easy after getting the first one done and figuring out how to get them apart. 6 bearings in all.

The deck belt had already been replaced at some point with an OEM Simplicity belt so I left it in place.

The drive belt was replaced in the process (again, very easy) so it's on the way to being lawn ready again in the spring. I still have to replace the fuel line, do a little carb work and service the diff as time allows.

BustedKnuckles

Threads
Re: New Owner checking in

As the saying goes, time flies when you're having fun.

I just wrapped up the deck arbor bearing replacement yesterday. It took about 4 hours total from dropping the deck to re-installation; it turned out to be very easy after getting the first one done and figuring out how to get them apart. 6 bearings in all.

The deck belt had already been replaced at some point with an OEM Simplicity belt so I left it in place.

The drive belt was replaced in the process (again, very easy) so it's on the way to being lawn ready again in the spring. I still have to replace the fuel line, do a little carb work and service the diff as time allows.

I pulled the dash this morning and wrapped up the fuel line replacement tonight. I can't believe the old line wasn't leaking; it was soooo rotted and cracked! I performed the same replacement earlier this year on a Regent and it's a pretty simple process.

Attachments

• DSCF0496.jpg
    DSCF0496.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF0497.jpg
    DSCF0497.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF0499.jpg
    DSCF0499.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF0505.jpg
    DSCF0505.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 14

simplymike

Forum Newbie
Threads
I,m here to check in my name is Mike I just aquired a 16 GTH don't know much about it yet as I have only used it 1 time and now I cannot get it to run again.I hope to be up and running soon as it done a great job the first time. I will post pic,s shortly. Just wanted to say hi all. Mike

Jayscott

Forum Newbie
Threads
:smile:Hi my name is Jay. I live in Wisconsin and have about 2-3 acres of yard to mow. I have just acquired a 92 or 93 Simplicity RTH12 with a 36" cut. Ran great for the most part the first two times I used it. On the third time out, I hit a stick and completely stopped to engine (12hp B&S)... for the last three days i have been trying to figure out how to get it to restart. Not being a direct drive, i am having difficutly finding troubleshooting info. It cranks over with no problem, but not even a glimmer of firing. Checked the keyway at the flywheel without pulling it all the way apart and that looks good... dont knw where to go next. Spark plug is new, fuel is new. Ran fine right before the hitting of the stick. Any input is appreciated folks! thank you, Jay

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
...Checked the keyway at the flywheel without pulling it all the way apart and that looks good... dont knw where to go next. Spark plug is new, fuel is new. Ran fine right before the hitting of the stick.

Hello Jay... WELCOME to these Forums.
Check if you have any spark... if there is spark to the plug... it may be what you first suspected, the key in the flywheel could be partially sheared ...
You really should start a new post about this, it can easily get lost in this 'general' topic forum, check the key nd post back...:smile:KennyV

allis327

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi My name is Mike from MN
I have Sunstar and a Regentun
The cam broke in my Sunstar yesterday so I used the wifes Regent to finish up, noticed it did not idle down. Turns out it has been that way for awhile. I took the carb off and found the screws fell out of the butterfly an the butterfly wedged just perfect for 7/8 throttle. Found some new screws out of a junked Stihl chopsaw. Runs great no idea what damage the screws did.

Now I am looking for a new motor for my Sunstar

Daviedav

Threads
Re:New to Lawn World

Hello,
Retired woodworker,and loving it. I live on the outskirts of the blue ridge mountains.I own a 1972 4040 Power Max with a 5 foot deck, front and rear blade, cultivators, turning plow and a 4 foot tiller which I need a part for. So if anybody knows where I may find them, please help.I hope to restore these when I get time this winter. Looking forward to hearing about other peoples work toys.

Threads
Re: New to Lawn World

Hello,
Retired woodworker,and loving it. I live on the outskirts of the blue ridge mountains.I own a 1972 4040 Power Max with a 5 foot deck, front and rear blade, cultivators, turning plow and a 4 foot tiller which I need a part for. So if anybody knows where I may find them, please help.I hope to restore these when I get time this winter. Looking forward to hearing about other peoples work toys.

:welcome: Welcome! You might be able to order parts from here: OEM Parts

Gewaldny

Forum Newbie
Threads
Buying a used legacy xl

Retiring a well used ariens gt20 finally. Have the rototiller that still works and wondering if will work with the simplicity? It has the rear pro and lift mechanism.