Simplicity Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Daviedav

Threads
Hello,
Is it possible that you could send me a picture and the price of your machine as I have not found anything?
I also need to know your location.
Thanks for your offer.
Daviedav

slowfeet

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Simplicity mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Simplicity owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Simplicity mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Simplicity stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hi,
My machine is a zero turn model Champion 20/50 SMI for Australia and New Zealand. The mower is 7 years old. It has worked hard on a large block and performed well. Generally, it isn't too difficult to sort out issues but I have run into an issue that I can't seem to solve.

I need to access the electrical connections in the console on the right hand side of the machine. The problem is that mice have found a way in and had a nice meal of at least some of the insulation. I need to get in, clean things up and repair the wires. Trouble is I can't get into the console. There are two 13mm bolts on the side that look as though they could be holding things together but they seem to have locking nuts on the inside and getting a spanner in there is very difficult. There are also 3 screws with allen key heads on top of the console. These appear to be rusted on. Before I get drastic, does anyone have any ideas? Please?

mcclainn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everybody. I have a 2012 Regent 22/44. Briggs 22HP professional series twin. Absolutely love this mower. Started having problems the last couple of mows. Only happens after about a 1/2hr of use (once it's good and warmed up). Any change in direction - fwd/rev or sharp turn left/right & the engine begins to die. If I sit still eventually it chugs back to life and I can continue mowing. Kind of like when you lean too far off the seat and disengage the seat safety switch. This is a serious issue as I have many obstacles / grade changes to mow around. Any advice would be much appreciated!

earthworm

Threads
Hi,
My machine is a zero turn model Champion 20/50 SMI for Australia and New Zealand. The mower is 7 years old. It has worked hard on a large block and performed well. Generally, it isn't too difficult to sort out issues but I have run into an issue that I can't seem to solve.

I need to access the electrical connections in the console on the right hand side of the machine. The problem is that mice have found a way in and had a nice meal of at least some of the insulation. I need to get in, clean things up and repair the wires. Trouble is I can't get into the console. There are two 13mm bolts on the side that look as though they could be holding things together but they seem to have locking nuts on the inside and getting a spanner in there is very difficult. There are also 3 screws with allen key heads on top of the console. These appear to be rusted on. Before I get drastic, does anyone have any ideas? Please?
Secure a good blown up pic of the parts in that area...This may help ....Maybe use needle nosed Vice Grips in lieu of a spanner/wrench . One thing about Simplicity (and all others) , the machine is designed to be "quick and easy to assemble", but this may not translate to be easy to disassemble in order to repair..In other words, you may have to disassemble half the machine to get at one thing ..

gkoster

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just picked up my first Simplicity today. Finally found a Sunrunner locally that wasn't badly neglected or overpriced. It's the 12hp hydrostatic model with a 42" deck. It needs a little love as it has been sitting for a while, but it runs and mows as is.

20140727_150428.jpg20140727_114845.jpg

earthworm

Threads
Last year ( or so), I was contemplating the purchase of a SunRunner ..It was really worn out..but the price was reasonable, I think ..and it was in York.. I do not think the owner was trying very hard to sell it ...and it would be a toy for me.. I have but 0.4 acre , these babies are huge ..
Your latest acquisition looks really good to me ..Simplicities are interesting .. I have the EZ 1644 , another sales flop, but I think its a better design..

gkoster

Forum Newbie
Threads
Last year ( or so), I was contemplating the purchase of a SunRunner ..It was really worn out..but the price was reasonable, I think ..and it was in York.. I do not think the owner was trying very hard to sell it ...and it would be a toy for me.. I have but 0.4 acre , these babies are huge ..
Your latest acquisition looks really good to me ..Simplicities are interesting .. I have the EZ 1644 , another sales flop, but I think its a better design..

They're huge? Maybe a foot longer than my Cub Cadets, but the Sunrunner makes up for it in maneuverability. The more I look at mine, the more I think it was barely used. Pretty sure it's the original seat with no tears or cracks. Even the decals and non skid tape on the floorboard appears to be original and isn't showing any wear. No smoke at all from the engine, no loose bearings or bushings. Not bad for $350.

Grassbandit

Threads
I just picked up my first Simplicity today. Finally found a Sunrunner locally that wasn't badly neglected or overpriced. It's the 12hp hydrostatic model with a 42" deck. It needs a little love as it has been sitting for a while, but it runs and mows as is.

View attachment 22437View attachment 22438

Looks like you got a nice little steal! I see you already put it to work with that cooler in back! Nice going man!

IjustWannaMow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello

Hi, my real name is Dave and I drive a Simplicity Regent m/n 1693919. It doesn't not have a unique name. I just call it The Simplicity. Which is funny because this mower doesn't seem all that simple. It does have an indian name: "Hood got dented by backhoe".

airboss

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello from Wisconsin. Just bought a 2017 Simplicity Prestige 27/52 with fab Deck. Don't have a name for the tractor yet. Looking forward to the forums.
Dave