Simplicity Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

lestro

Threads
thanks that is for user and parts manuals, but I found a link for repair manual
You can get one here (http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEEGP_drP3tG5EO87mRgtLvBCd6).

wwmw57

Threads
Hello; my name is William, I live in Limestone, TN. I just signed up as a new member here, I am also a member of Tractorbynet. I glad to be here on the fourm. I have a Simplicity Sunstar GTH 20. not sure what year its been painted over, I just gave $600 for it, and the tractor runs great. Have been thinking about putting a FEL on it, or a Johnny Bucket Jr. your thoughts...

Here's a pic of me bringing it home last week. :smile:

Thanks!
William

Attachments

• Simplicity-Sunstar-350-x-35.jpg
    Simplicity-Sunstar-350-x-35.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 18

morgandh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Last fall I purchased a 1999 Simplicity Sovereign 18 hydro as an upgrade to our 32 year old Allis Chalmers 910, a Simplicity twin. Unfortunately the tractor isn't in the condition I was lead to believe and after less than 20 hours I'm having to replace the engine. The engine is a Kohler Command OHV , model CH 18 S. A cylinder sleave has moved/came loose. My repair guy indicates the engine was a new design at the time and didn't work out. There is no short block or other fix other than a new engine of different design and kit to fit the Sovereign. So beware of a Sovereign with the Kohler OHV 18 engine. Dan

Messerschmitt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, My name is Tom, and I bought a new Simplicity Regent last year. So far it's great!

Grassbandit

Threads
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Last fall I purchased a 1999 Simplicity Sovereign 18 hydro as an upgrade to our 32 year old Allis Chalmers 910, a Simplicity twin. Unfortunately the tractor isn't in the condition I was lead to believe and after less than 20 hours I'm having to replace the engine. The engine is a Kohler Command OHV , model CH 18 S. A cylinder sleave has moved/came loose. My repair guy indicates the engine was a new design at the time and didn't work out. There is no short block or other fix other than a new engine of different design and kit to fit the Sovereign. So beware of a Sovereign with the Kohler OHV 18 engine. Dan

did you replace the engine already? if so, what type did you go with?

MannyG

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a 16ZT44 mower 1998 vintage. I maintain it myself and have a question about the plastic body.
Does anyone know what plastic is used and is there a good adhesive or glue or epoxy or primer that can fix cracks in this plastic? I have found that Bondo fiberglass resin does not adhere well no matter what preparation I do. Any help would be appreciated as the Dealer wants almost $500 for a new body.
thanks
Manny

BustedKnuckles

Threads
New Owner checking in

Hello Ladies and Gents!

As directed, I'm checking in with my recently acquired 5216H that I plan to keep for personal use. This is my first simplicity and I'm impressed with the quality and quiet running twin cylinder Briggs engine. I found this locally on craigslist (along with another Snapper LT) for $150 each. It runs and mows as is but the choke has to be on all the time and the spindle bearings are howling. I've ordered a carb kit, belts and bearings for installation in the next month or so. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.446166732093198.97606.420579901318548&type=1

Last edited:

Daviedav

Threads
Hello, I have a 1972 4040 Simplicity wit 48" tiller turning plow, cultivator, 5 foot deck, front and rear blades. This is a great tractor and tool. I was tilling a garden for a friend and broke a part on my #469 tiller, can anyone help me find a part for it? The part is a clutch hub assy. I have probably owned this unit for about 20 yearsand it's still a good'un.
Thanks much,
Dave

snapsstorer

Threads
being new to this thread, the name is kevin. i just picked up 2 simplicity's. one is the cavalier 3108, the other is the cavalier 3110. had to replace the engine on the 3108, and fix the steering on the 3110. the 3110 runs great. still assembling the 3108. i got the both of them for $75. got the 8 horse off a destroyed dixon rider. going to do a painting job on the both of them in the future. will have pictures of them before and after.

ctenay

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, name is Chris, this is my first Lawn Tractor. A running great Simplicity modle 1690527 3198 rear engine. I want to restore this to look new! My problem is I am burning my lawn, I can NOT get the deck to raise any higher. Looking for help and if I can put some bigger front tires on it, I believe they are only 4.10.......

Thank you.

I hope this forum can be fun.