Simplicity Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Jack Brehmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
What engine is on this one...
If nothing else is wrong the problem may be fuel related...
Try running premium fuel with a high octane rating.
Regular grade gas has alcohol in it to bring it up to spec on octane... in hot weather and on a hot engine the alcohol will cook out leaving a fuel that will detonate under load... that will really heat it up fast...
Higher octane premium will fix this problem... :smile:KennyV
Thanks, all three of my Sunstar tractors have the Kohler Command CH20S engine. Only the one has this problem, gets so hot you can not pull the dip stick without gloves, the oil gets as this as water. I ahve discovered Red Line super synthetic oil, formulated for air-cooled racing motorcycle engines and this allows me to get the work done. Jack

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have discovered Red Line super synthetic oil, formulated for air-cooled racing motorcycle engines and this allows me to get the work done. Jack

Can't go wrong with a good synthetic ... great in air cooled engines... :smile:KennyV

Jack Brehmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Red Line super synthetic - $12/qt. Jack

delta

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi, i am new to this site and i love to mow and talk simplicity:thumbsup: i have a citation zero turn with a 48inch cut and 21hp b&g vanguard motor, also have b3000 cab kubota with fel. just wanted to say hello, thx delta

whh

Forum Newbie
Threads
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
GREETINGS to all Simplicity mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Simplicity owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Simplicity mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Simplicity stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

rich_kildow

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased and picked up a 7116 with a 48" deck, snowblower, rear PTO vac, trailer, and weights!

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

The auction is over, so this shouldn't violate any "no posting ebay sales" rules...this is just for the pic. It is manual lift, but I would like to convert it to electric or hydro. I have a few 800 and 1500lb actuators around the shop, so those might work nicely. I also found a plow that I'll be picking up ASAP.

scott181

Forum Newbie
Threads

Guess I am here to introduce myself. My name is Scott and I just purchased a used Simplicity coronet from craigs list. I live in a large city in Michigan, but I have a double lot and using a push mower would take an hour or 2, so I wanted a small rider. I was told this mower is 14 years old, but it starts right up and runs great. I've used it once and am very impressed with it. It has the double rear bagger on it, but doesn't seem to be working. I really haven't checked it out much, other then oil, gas, and mowed the lawn. Could it just be the outlet on the side is plugged, or the mower deck is clogged up?? It cut the grass fine, but all the clippings were left on the ground. Really not a big deal as they just dry up and blow away, but if I have the bagger, why not use it. Any suggestions??

Grassbandit

Threads
Hello everyone,
I've got a 95' model simplicity regent hydro 12 and I've got some questions about the transmission.
How do I know if the transmission has the correct amount of fluid in it?
If I want to change the fluid, what's the correct way to do it and how much of what type of fluid should I put in there?

lestro

Threads
Hi, Les from Illinois, got a 97 regent hydro, does anyone know where I can get a repair manual for this cheap? thanks