offroad mower

zig3

Threads
I am looking to make offroad lawn mower. Can somebody tell me what kind of mower i need and what all i need to do to it to make it good offroad.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am looking to make offroad lawn mower. Can somebody tell me what kind of mower i need and what all i need to do to it to make it good offroad.

Any mower ... even a push mower is going to be an offroad mower.... :smile:KennyV

Flintmotorsports

Threads
you would want a large frame mower like a wizzard with 23 inch tires on it and the other mower i would use is a old school craftsman with the 18 inch tires on it i have do some crasy stuff with my craftsman mower i took it up over a bank it was steep i will find a photo of the one i am talking about ok good luck

Flintmotorsports

Threads
here is the mower the one i used is a 38 inch deck 12.5 brggs and stratton motor i just took the deck off and just drove and this thing will go anywhere

Attachments

• craftsman mower.jpg
    craftsman mower.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 74

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Best mower to use is a old Murray with a C channel frame.
A craftsman frame will break where the front cross member sits in the frame. I have broke two already.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

zig3

Threads
Ok thanks so I will be looking for a craftsmen or a Murray .

Threads
Ok thanks so I will be looking for a craftsmen or a Murray .

OK. Let us know if you have any problems finding one or something. Here are 2 videos I found talking about what this one guy did to make his mower an off-road mower.

(videos by Fearlessfront)

zig3

Threads
About how much would an old murray or craftsmen cost?

Threads
About how much would an old murray or craftsmen cost?

It all depends on the condition. You can get one for really cheap or even free if you are willing to do some work on it. But they can be anywhere from like $50 to $500! I would suggest looking on Craigslist to see what a good price would be, and then also to look for one. Do your own searches, but look at these links also:
arrow.gif Craftsman: new orleans all for sale / wanted classifieds "craftsman tractor" - craigslist
arrow.gif Murray: new orleans all for sale / wanted classifieds "murray mower" - craigslist