offroad mower

metz12

Threads
i want to make one that will go right around 20mph. probably to ride around on the road, play in the snow with, and maybe go off road. i want one like fearless fronts murray. but i dont think i will need to change the wheel sizes.

oh and i have another question, he lowered the front end on his murray. did you do that on yours?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did not lower mine. First thing you need to do is fix the front axle so it does not pivot and get the steering so it has as little play in it as possible. I can run 35 on a dirt road but anything over 15 on a paved road it just floats all over.
I used a bike brake lever and cable for a gas pedal.
I have a couple videos on my phone I will put on YouTube of the first test runs on my craftsman

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can weld it or put two bolts in it.

It's easy and cheap to go fast but a lot of work and money to make it as safe as you can

Going 30 mph on a riding mower is not safe at all but that's what makes it fun.
I have flipped over backwards riding wheelies flipped over on my side slung off the front when I hit a stump. Wear a helmet.

metz12

Threads
Did not lower mine. First thing you need to do is fix the front axle so it does not pivot and get the steering so it has as little play in it as possible. I can run 35 on a dirt road but anything over 15 on a paved road it just floats all over.
I have a couple videos on my phone I will put on YouTube of the first test runs on my craftsman

what is your youtube name? i'll subscibe to your channel and check out your videos:biggrin:

zig3

Threads
But what do you put bolts through or weld

metz12

Threads

What is your youtube name? i will subscribe to your channel and check out your videos:smile:

zig3

Threads
So what do you weld or put bolts through so the front axle dosent pivot

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What you need to do is sit the mower level and weld the axle to the sleeve that it sits in or drill two holes one on each side of the center hole and put bolts threw.
I have a solid cast axle off a poulan so I welded plates on the top and bottom of the sleeve.
Because it is a pain in the azz to weld thin steel to cast.

image-3802091538.png

zig3

Threads
Ok and do you think that the really old garden tractors are go for trails and woods.