offroad mower

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
About how much would an old murray or craftsmen cost?

You can find them for $100 or less without a deck.

And watch some of the stuff. Feerlessfront has done. He made a clutch that I use that works perfect no belt slip in the mud.

I have a 98 MTD garden tractor with the high/low range tranny very fast in high range and will climb anything you are brave enough to try in low.
MTD is the cheapest and easiest to make go fast. You just change the front pulley to a bigger one. Bad part is the front of the frame bolts on and MTD steering is worst set up of all riding mowers.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sorry auto correct got me again

FEARLESSFRONT

metz12

Threads
Carscw, you like to ride off road too? and yes mtds are very common and easy to make go fast. mine already cruises around pretty quickly without doing a pulley swap and with the deck on! and fearles front is currently doing a project called the lifted mudding mower. he is almost done. its really cool. i would like to build one like his murray. i think he did a test and it went right around 20mph. he also has a craftsman crawling mower too. the guy is awesome!

zig3

Threads
I am just looking to get one and put bigger tires on the front, lock the transaxle and pulley swap it and be done

metz12

Threads
I am just looking to get one and put bigger tires on the front, lock the transaxle and pulley swap it and be done

yeah i want to get one too to do a pulley swap in the front. i think that will be a weekend project for a buddy and i. plus, i dont have a welder:laughing:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Carscw, you like to ride off road too? and yes mtds are very common and easy to make go fast. mine already cruises around pretty quickly without doing a pulley swap and with the deck on! and fearles front is currently doing a project called the lifted mudding mower. he is almost done. its really cool. i would like to build one like his murray. i think he did a test and it went right around 20mph. he also has a craftsman crawling mower too. the guy is awesome!

His craftsman is cool he gets some big air with it.
Playing in the mud is fun I have found if you make the front and back pulleys the same size 4 inch you get good top speed and good low end power.

zig3

Threads
How good are the old John Deere ones

metz12

Threads
His craftsman is cool he gets some big air with it.
Playing in the mud is fun I have found if you make the front and back pulleys the same size 4 inch you get good top speed and good low end power.

i want to make one that will go right around 20mph. probably to ride around on the road, play in the snow with, and maybe go off road. i want one like fearless fronts murray. but i dont think i will need to change the wheel sizes.