looking for a zero turn 3.27 acres

earthworm

Threads
Thanks for the reply guys.. I still haven't purchased a mower yet. I've had a company cut it last week for 75 bucks, pretty good deal if you ask me..

I still like the ztr not sure. The original home owner had a john deere 445 or 455 sorry not exact definitly one of them. He also had a 60" deck and said it took him almost 2 hours to mow.
75$ ?
I thinks that is what my first mower cost..50 plus years ago..Just think if you could pay yourself that $75 !
IMO, the zero-turns are fantastic, quick and with an excellent cut. I marvel as to how an experienced man handles one and on steep hills yet...
Zip and cut !
Good used ones ?
Good luck:biggrin:

robert

Threads
zip and cut ? on steep hills??, an experienced operator would never attempt this-remember the 15* slope caution, isn't the standard advice to back up and mow down???

Chev

Threads
This message is hidden because robert is on your ignore list.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

earthworm

Threads
chev, you do need to apolgize to the op but for being 'confused' about the facts-on page two he posted words to the effect that he still liked the ztr but that he was not sure, he again posted on page three.

What some may find interesting is wording from the Husqvarna owners manual for the MZ6128ZT, the machine a member here uses and has gone on record as saying that he acquired only to mow grass and that this machine does this job 'well'....

Husqvarna states in the owners manual :

"This machine is constructed only for mowing grass on lawns and even ground without obstacles such as stones, tree stumps, etc."

"Zero turn can be acheived by moving one control backward (behind the neutral position) and carefully moving the other steering control forward from its neutral position"

'they may damage the turf due to overly aggressive maneuvers'

Parkmower, Blackbart, Tindal and KennyV : with regard to making a true zero turn: will you all go on record as stating that another maker of zt mowers knows not of what they speak? :biggrin:
IMO, fools write the manuals and fools read them(as written)...
A ZT is to a quality dedicated wrench as a garden tractor is to a dog wrench....which cannot do anything well.
We like the machines that can do one thing well, that is cut grass....not race, not tow, out plow snow, not till..There are dedicated machines for these tasks as well..

earthworm

Threads
zip and cut ? on steep hills??, an experienced operator would never attempt this-remember the 15* slope caution, isn't the standard advice to back up and mow down???
Unlike you and the ZT operator of which I alluded to, I am not a professional lawn mower operator.
So, I will marvel and witness, and appreciate.
Until someone makes a better unit ( a garden tractor with true ZT, as an example), I'll accept today's ZT for use on large lawns (over one acre,IMO) as the best method.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Until someone makes a better unit ( a garden tractor with true ZT, as an example), I'll accept today's ZT for use on large lawns (over one acre,IMO) as the best method.

That is absolutely correct...
and there are smaller ZT aimed at smallish lawns, that are equally great...:smile:KennyV

robert

Threads
Earthworm/KennyV: so 'fools' write the owners manual/tech literature that came with your machines and which you obviously have never read....:laughing: you both are now advising all here who own zt mowers, and all those who are considering the purchase of a zt mower that they can ignore the slope angle caution and exceede 15* (or the posted max) and operate their machine on any hill they wish-and operate in any manner they wish? :confused2:

earthworm

Threads
Earthworm/KennyV: so 'fools' write the owners manual/tech literature that came with your machines and which you obviously have never read....:laughing: you both are now advising all here who own zt mowers, and all those who are considering the purchase of a zt mower that they can ignore the slope angle caution and exceede 15* (or the posted max) and operate their machine on any hill they wish-and operate in any manner they wish? :confused2:
Robert, sadly you misunderstand.
From what I read and see, these zero-turn machines, for large lawns are great..
I said ,,I observed an expert, a professional operating the machine in a way that I would be scared to...Remember, the experts do not write the home-owner manuals...
Fear is sometimes a good thing..
Knowledge is a better thing..
As to the fools, yes, the safety nazis have, shall we say, taken over the owner manuals....
Do not assume that I do not read them, but I must skip over 90% of the pages... The tech manuals are for more useful and interesting...and expensive..
BTW, if any device was removed from the market because an iota of danger existed, then we would still be living in caves..

robert

Threads
earthworm, sadly I did get the point of your post-more tragic is that KennyV-apparently- agrees with you..
The question I have for you now is how do you decide which 10% of the manual you will accept as accurate?

Sammy the Red

Threads
I bet if you bought a chipper, in the manual it would say not to put your hand in the hammer's as you might lose a finger or two or more !

Now, if you did not read the manual, would you put your hand in it ?

Or would some Common Sense prevail !