looking for a zero turn 3.27 acres

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Want to know what Scag says about there ZTR

robert

Threads
Ric,, not one word about towing capacity but I did notice the quick disclaimer that everyone should see the owner/operator manual for safe -proper operation, wonder what the manual states?

No one would be able to mow at the speeds this mower is capable of, unless it were on an astro turf field and this has been one of my points all along-the zt is a very limited machine which offers virtually no benefits and and only significant liabilities, risk to the average homeowner.

On the upside, I really do appreciate the engineering that went into this machine too bad the cost of this single purpose machine is more than likely in the stratosphere, or perhaps even in deep space.

Does anyone wonder why the makers of zt's go to such lengths in offering seats with extreme suspension systems?-BlackBart, Tindal, Parkmower, KennyV - any of you care to comment? or for once perhaps one of you would do some research and determine the towing capacity of this machine OR even post the capacity for your own- BlackBart you are off the hook here because I have already corrected your ridiculous post by contacting Grasshopper and getting the facts, your machine can tow, according to the maker, only a load that can be moved by HAND.

So that leaves, Parkmower, Tindal, and KennyV to step up to the plate and go on record as posting what the maker of the machine (s) you have/operate state is the weight limit AND please include if this number is with or without the weight of the operator because I have posted the number from Hustler which was a 400 lb limit BUT this number includes the operator WHICH BlackBart means that the tow rating is alot lower.

Sot to be clear and factual for all who are looking into the purchase of a zero turn, if you were to buy a Hustler Super Z, and were of average weight, lets be modest and assign a 180 lbs operator weight, that shiny new zippydoodah that you just spent mega bucks for would not even be able to tow the average homeowner leaf vacuum.

And BlackBart, KennyV, Tindal and Parkmower isn't this the type of information that would be of benefit to the op and all those who are following this thread?

Oops, I must make a correction-checking the weight of a few consumer leaf vacs I see that the Super Z might, just might be able to tow the EMPTY vacuum but a few feet of debris in the hopper would put it over the limit.

BlackBart, KennyV, Tindal and Parkmower, see the lengths I go through to make certain that all the folks who are following this thread get accurate info from ME ??, now why don't you guys do the same and provide some facts for everyone???

AND when you do perhaps we can reach a consensus as to which machine, the purpose built zero turn or the multi functional lawn/garden tractor is best, safer for the AVERAGE homeowner, perhaps-unless of course you all think that doing so would be impolite and unfair to the op...............................

KennyV, more 'sour grapes'?

Parkmower

Threads
Robert I already told you I was done with you so please stop.
I know my residential zt has a towing limit of 150 lbs.
I have said MANY times if you can only afford one machine and it will need to perform multiple duties it should be a GT.
And I said if all your goin to do is mow and you want it done fast you want a ZT.

I've said all this trying to be helpful to a person looking to purchase a new machine. Not try to brainwash them into my way of thinkin by dragging their post out for so long that they shake their heads wondering why they came here in the first place.

So now I would appreciate it if you'd leave my name out of your posts

robert

Threads
Parkmower, see this is the type of posts that will help someone make a decision and I sincerely thank you for your input, as for your request to make your screen name off limits; only if using anyone's fake identity is a violation of site rules; what make and model zt do you have again?

My name is Robert and I am proud that I post only facts-from identified sources-and the results of my own experience with a poopy Exmark zt and a brand new Cub Cadet which can cut grass as well as any zt and can do much more than any zt-this is what I must make other homeowners aware of.

Parkmower

Threads
Yr so good at research you should be able to tell me what ZT I have

robert

Threads
Well as a matter of fact Parkmower, Hustler just responded to an email citing the towing capacity for the Fastrak SD and it is 150lbs -exactly the same as your mower-so as a wild guess.................

robert

Threads
Parkmower, someone else makes a zt that cannot tow diddly ? hey at least you can mow about as fast as I can.

Parkmower

Threads
I apologize to the OP because a certain individual decided to use this thread as a battleground. Whatever kind of mower you get let us know. And pics are always good.

Tindal

Threads
I didnt buy my husky MZ6128 to tow , I bought it to cut grass . and it does that well . I have 3 GTs and a compact tractor with a 5 foot woods finish mower , and a john deere 310 backhoe so if I need to tow something , bend something or break something ,dig something , lift something , I have enought things at hand to do that without backing the zero turn out of the shop.But I have nothing that will cut grass like the ZT. hey but thats just me !!!