Look what I just got

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder how it compares to regular square line.

I used the crossfire that came with mine I honestly couldn't tell the difference. However if you are string edging the crossfire stuff just got used up way to fast

Threads
I wonder how it compares to regular square line.

There is also round line.
roundline-roll_SM.jpg

MowerMike

Threads
I used the crossfire that came with mine I honestly couldn't tell the difference. However if you are string edging the crossfire stuff just got used up way to fast

I just bought a regular blade edger, so I won't be string edging, but I do a lot of trimming along cement and brick walls. Also, I trim growth between gaps and seams in the driveway and sidewalk, so would the cross-fire wear down faster in those cases ? I saw a 3 lb (681') spool of Oregon .095 square line on Amazon for $27.94; is that a good deal ?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just bought a regular blade edger, so I won't be string edging, but I do a lot of trimming along cement and brick walls. Also, I trim growth between gaps and seams in the driveway and sidewalk, so would the cross-fire wear down faster in those cases ? I saw a 3 lb (681') spool of Oregon .095 square line on Amazon for $27.94; is that a good deal ?

Yah good deal one pound of cheap round line at harbor freight costs almost 10 so I imagine name brand quality product usually costs more

MowerMike

Threads
Echo SRM-225 or Stihl FS 56 RC-E ?

Well, the open house this Friday at the Stihl and Echo dealer is going to offer big discounts on both brands, and I'm trying to decide between the Echo SRM-225 and Stihl FS 56 RC-E straight shaft trimmers. They both have a DSRP of $229.99, so the discounted prices will probably be the same also. I like the Speed-Feed trimmer head on the Echo and it has the same easy starting low vibration engine as the Echo PE-225 I just bought, but would like to compare it with the Stihl, which has a larger displacement engine and a semi-automatic choke for easier starting. Anyway, thought I'd ask to see what y'all think.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

To begin with whether it's a good deal or not depends on the type and size, Oregon makes at least 4 different type of line. Nylium starline, Gator Line, Magnum and Platinum Gator line. As far as it being a good deal No it's not a particularly good deal. I can buy the gator line at the dealers for like $25.00 for a 3lb spool depending on the size and type you buy. I can tell you you can buy the Stihl X-line 5lb (1837') .095 a lot cheaper than Oregon it's only 43.95 for a 5lb spool.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have found this to be the best line I use 080 at $56 for a 5 pound spool. Works good for trimming around rocks or bricks and awesome for chain link fence. A spool of 095 or 105 is $62

image-2130129072.png

Sent from my iPhone using LMF