Heads up fellows things are getting nasty.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
as soon as im old enof air force for me

For what? So you can let the government convince you that you need to go kill people you don't even know? For reasons you'll never really know?

You should really have a chat with a combat vet and ask him/her how they felt about killing people they didn't even know. Many of them from the latest wars in the middle east, are still pretty pissed about being lied to about why they had to go kill people in Iraq and Afghanistan. Especially after Osama was killed.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Some people just like killing their fellow man, woman, and child. Personally it is the reason I stay out of the military service per say other than supporting locally the procurement service end by keeping their equipment repaired.

And think Putin is sitting in nice secure office ordering young men to go out and murder civilians [men, women, and children and of those soldiers are also being killed too. Just a total waste of life just please a**hole leader of a country that is so afraid to be on the front lines himself.

Yes sometimes we must defend those that can't defend themselves but it is still a waste of lives. But I don't ask someone to do something that I won't do myself.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Problem is P'tech that we don't know where Putin will stop .
He still thinks in terms of the greater Russia which includes everything to the west probably as far as the Atlantic.
Stopping him in his tracks right now & destroying his army is the best thing that could be done for humanity & the planet & the Russian population.
Just like Hitler , the more territory he acquired the more resources at his disposal to build more gun, planes tanks & bombs
And all of this could be done with little more than some stealth attacks on the rows of tanks as the Ukranians want to fight , unlike the Afgahns who had no cause to fight for as it was just a case of which overlord .
A decisive defeat would also be politically good as it would show both Korea & China that expansionist government will not be tollerated .
Boots on the ground is always a bad idea
Air support of the locals is the best away to go .
A totally defeated Russia could then be treated the same as post WWII Japan which would allow the West to remove all of the nukes and the population to attain a much higher standard of living .
Hopefully it would also make China thing twice about an invasion of Taiwan where the US ( & OZ ) have nailed their colours to the mast so if we don't respond with military support then our word becomes worthless & every tin pot dictator will see a green light .
Politics are a tricky business .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Problem is P'tech that we don't know where Putin will stop .
He still thinks in terms of the greater Russia which includes everything to the west probably as far as the Atlantic.
Stopping him in his tracks right now & destroying his army is the best thing that could be done for humanity & the planet & the Russian population.
Just like Hitler , the more territory he acquired the more resources at his disposal to build more gun, planes tanks & bombs
And all of this could be done with little more than some stealth attacks on the rows of tanks as the Ukranians want to fight , unlike the Afgahns who had no cause to fight for as it was just a case of which overlord .
A decisive defeat would also be politically good as it would show both Korea & China that expansionist government will not be tollerated .
Boots on the ground is always a bad idea
Air support of the locals is the best away to go .
A totally defeated Russia could then be treated the same as post WWII Japan which would allow the West to remove all of the nukes and the population to attain a much higher standard of living .
Hopefully it would also make China thing twice about an invasion of Taiwan where the US ( & OZ ) have nailed their colours to the mast so if we don't respond with military support then our word becomes worthless & every tin pot dictator will see a green light .
Politics are a tricky business .

Who knows where he's going to stop. But at the moment, he's only taking what's owed to him. We can think of Putin as someone like Hitler, who really didn't want to stop til he took over all of Europe. So assuming Putin will be the same as Hitler, is a bit far fetched at the moment. I have reason to believe he will stop before getting to NATO countries. That would be WWIII. Put doesn't have the military to fight WWIII, without China, India & Iran backing him. And since he has no legit reason to take over Poland or Germany, then there's no reason for China, India or Iran to back him.
He just wants NATO to stop trying to put missiles in Ukraine. For Ukraine to pay him back. And for Ukraine to stop trying to mess with Russia's oil getting to Europe. Ukraine charging him $4 billion per year for Russian oil to flow through Russian pipelines (through Ukraine) is ridiculous. Especially after the decades of Russia helping Ukraine stay afloat.
And then there's that whole Donbas mess. IMO, Putin is just tired of Ukraine and their entitled attitude.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If military is as disorganize as it seems. Some idiot in it will just start lobbing bombs in a NATO protected area at anytime. Apparently they have no honor when they start blowing up children hospitals. And they cant even honor their own military leaders crease orders.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Who knows where he's going to stop. But at the moment, he's only taking what's owed to him. We can think of Putin as someone like Hitler, who really didn't want to stop til he took over all of Europe. So assuming Putin will be the same as Hitler, is a bit far fetched at the moment. I have reason to believe he will stop before getting to NATO countries. That would be WWIII. Put doesn't have the military to fight WWIII, without China, India & Iran backing him. And since he has no legit reason to take over Poland or Germany, then there's no reason for China, India or Iran to back him.
He just wants NATO to stop trying to put missiles in Ukraine. For Ukraine to pay him back. And for Ukraine to stop trying to mess with Russia's oil getting to Europe. Ukraine charging him $4 billion per year for Russian oil to flow through Russian pipelines (through Ukraine) is ridiculous. Especially after the decades of Russia helping Ukraine stay afloat.
And then there's that whole Donbas mess. IMO, Putin is just tired of Ukraine and their entitled attitude.
OWES HIM ?
The Ukrane has been raped & pillaged for centuries
You statement is like saying India has a debt to the UK for all the years of occupation .
If you check the set up in the USA you will find every state charges for pipelines that pass through them.
At one time every state charged tax on freight that flew over the state even if it never landed there.
I used to be required to generate better than 100 pages of various customs declariations to get stock from Sydney to NY
The way it works is Putin sends in trouble makers & stirrers who build up anti government sentiment
Then they start a movement to remove the government or find a reason why they should be an independent country.
Then insurgents get sent in to start a civil war
Then Russia moves in to protect the freedoms of the insurgents that they sent in originally.
They did this with Georgia and right now the Goergians are protesting their Russian puppet government
Similar thing is happening in Belurussia
Who owns what piece of real estate just depends on where you draw the base line
The Monguls owned the Ukrane
Turkey owned the Ukrane
The Ching Dynesty owned the Ukrane
The Tsar owned the Ukrane
the USSR owned the Ukrane
And I am sure there are more than what I know from my limited knowledge of European history .
And every one of them had different borders so it also depends upon what you consider the Ukrane actually is and who would be called a Ukranian .
America was a continent occupied by natives that belonged to a variety of nations .
No country ever became a country voluntarily
They all have their origins in conquest and a foreign person determining totally artificial borders .
The net result of that is perfectly reflected in the middle east which would be called bad at the best and a disaster at worst and most of the problems now have their roots in borders decided by a bunch of western generals post WWII for the benefit of their own countries, not the conquered natives .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
OWES HIM ?
The Ukrane has been raped & pillaged for centuries
You statement is like saying India has a debt to the UK for all the years of occupation .
If you check the set up in the USA you will find every state charges for pipelines that pass through them.
At one time every state charged tax on freight that flew over the state even if it never landed there.
I used to be required to generate better than 100 pages of various customs declariations to get stock from Sydney to NY
The way it works is Putin sends in trouble makers & stirrers who build up anti government sentiment
Then they start a movement to remove the government or find a reason why they should be an independent country.
Then insurgents get sent in to start a civil war
Then Russia moves in to protect the freedoms of the insurgents that they sent in originally.
They did this with Georgia and right now the Goergians are protesting their Russian puppet government
Similar thing is happening in Belurussia
Who owns what piece of real estate just depends on where you draw the base line
The Monguls owned the Ukrane
Turkey owned the Ukrane
The Ching Dynesty owned the Ukrane
The Tsar owned the Ukrane
the USSR owned the Ukrane
And I am sure there are more than what I know from my limited knowledge of European history .
And every one of them had different borders so it also depends upon what you consider the Ukrane actually is and who would be called a Ukranian .
America was a continent occupied by natives that belonged to a variety of nations .
No country ever became a country voluntarily
They all have their origins in conquest and a foreign person determining totally artificial borders .
The net result of that is perfectly reflected in the middle east which would be called bad at the best and a disaster at worst and most of the problems now have their roots in borders decided by a bunch of western generals post WWII for the benefit of their own countries, not the conquered natives .

Who's to say who's right or wrong about all this, really? All we know is what we get online. The MSM lies about everything. Ukraine's ancient history, even back to the 1990's, means nothing to me. All I know for sure, is that it's about $4 per gallon at the pump now. And we still have the same oil companies with the same producing wells, the same pumping pipelines that we had 2 years ago. Even some new wells that were drilled and producing AFTER Biden took office. Biden can't get American oil companies to ramp up production, just like he can't get OPEC to.
And Biden stopping Russian oil is just BS.

My only beef with the oil companies is how much control they have over our livelihoods. They have the power to make or break almost everyone's economy. IMO, that's too much control for any industry to have.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Like Fox don't...I view/read all of the news sources as to compared the reporting of the news and avoid the opinion pieces.

As for stopping the Russian oil it is only 2% of what we in the US buys but our oil companies makes out like it is nearly all of the oil being produced and sold.

I think you might be realizing that Biden can only asked for things to be done. He is not an absolute ruler where his word is law.

As yes Bert things taxed way too much. Since I run my shop out of the two car garage here customers are calling everytime I turn around and reporting me for collecting sales tax saying I am not a licensed business. When I was in Alabama I even a sales tax inspector to come to my shop using a con to try to catch me charging sales tax without a license, boy was he fooled for not doing his research. I double his repair bill for just for trying the con job.

Bert I just don't how you guys make it because of how high the shipping charges are over there. But that is probably just a relative issue.