Heads up fellows things are getting nasty.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Putin orders deterrence forces — which includes nuclear arms — to be put on high alert.

If this is so our governments are inching ever closer to nuclear war with Russia. Damn fools on both sides. Looks like the Russian president is hell bent on destroying the world if he don't get his way. I say we're less than half a second before Midnight right now.

Mower King

Threads
Putin orders deterrence forces — which includes nuclear arms — to be put on high alert.

If this is so our governments are inching ever closer to nuclear war with Russia. Damn fools on both sides. Looks like the Russian president is hell bent on destroying the world if he don't get his way. I say we're less than half a second before Midnight right now.
This is true but, there is nothing you & I can do about it....

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Correct...It like when a tornado is bearing down on me, all I can do is bend over and kiss my tail goodbye or get lucky and it changes direction like the last one did.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads

Yep, he's not wanting other European nato countries to aid Ukraine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well to draw the obvious comparisons
What happened in Europe the last time a short man with dillusions of grandure decided that he had the god given rights to restore his "fatherland" to it's rightful place of domination and the rest of the world dithered & twiddled their thumbs .
Putin is a child of the revolution so he believes in the ritechousness of his actions the same way as a religous biggot believes that he has the right to remove the unbelievers from the planet.
Where have we heard "for the glory of the fatherland before " ?
The correct solution would be to sent in the NATO air forces & wipe out the tanks & heavy artillary then close the air space .
Fighting street by street & house by house is very difficult for an invading force , Ask any of the veterans you know who served in Iran, Afghanistan , or even Vietnam .
Putin probably believes what the separatists have been telling him that the Ukranians all hate their government and are desperate to come back to mother Russia .

The EU on the other hand is hostage to Russian energy having closed down nearly all of their atomic power stations so if Putin tuns off the oil & gas supplies they will freeze before winter is over .

Just like Hitler, every victory will snowball until we are in WW III .
Sanctions are a joke , they never work just like prohibition when you make a trade illegal there will be massive profits for finding ways to subvert them .
Two countries have been buying Gold like crazy the past 10 years.
China & Russia , so even if the ruble is no longer worth the cost of it's own weight in recycled paper Russia , the country will be unaffected for decades , the people will suffer but they were used to driving their Trabants & Ladas for 1/2 a century and queing for hours to buy bread because the Kremlin was diverting all available funds into their military .

Lawn Addict
Threads

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well it appears something is working. But it is both good and bad.

The Russian central bank on Monday raised its key interest rate to 20% from 9.5% to counter risks of Ruble depreciation and higher inflation.

Russia has also ordered companies to sell 80% of their foreign currency revenues, the central bank and the finance ministry said.

This is done in an attempt to shore up the Ruble and to prevent a run on the banks.

Russia also have their stock market closed today.

But having Putin to put the nuclear arsenal on alert isn't good either. Just shows he is scared to death that things are not going his way.

As I said things are getting nasty in a hurry. It is the common man that gets hurt the most. The big shots just don't care. Besides Putin is looking like a crowd by not being on the fighting line himself unlike Zelensky. Putin is well insulated from the bullets. Zelensky might be a comic but is still brave enough to stand up to the Russian military.

Well this image says a lot about who has been on the front lines. Now common on business suits are not fighting attire as you to worry about getting them dirty as no dry cleaners on the front lines.
1646049530008.png
As for NATO something happening on that front too. As to what I don't know yet. All I know for sure is it stop raining for now here and it is cold.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well Russia is pretty well self sufficient so they can go a long time before embargos are a problem.
They can still trade with China & North Korea
Russia is a major exported of food , fuel , medicnes and weapons.
They are also big suppliers of Chromium , molybdenum & vanadium so the embargo will be a BS one like the North Korean & South African ones were .Putins popularity is split at about 50 year olds.
The 50+ think he is God & the under 50's see him as the devil.
The bulk of the military are under 40 so there is a big chance of this blowing up in his face with a popular uprising in Russia itself .
I have been listening to all of his speeches ( or what we are told is an accurate translation of his speeches and it definately sounds like he thought if the tanks rolled in the Ukranians would welcome them with open arms and the government would fall over .
He sounds really confused as to why this did not happen.
He will not use the Nukes because he has amassed a massive fortune stolen from the Russian people which he intends to live long enough to spend and he knows that if the button is pushed then buttons all over Europe and in submarines all over the oceans would also get pushed so that is a bit of brinkmanship .
There are also a lot of cronies with a lot of money who are stuck in Russia who care more about their families & the masses of money they have accrued than they do about the "glory of the fatherland " so if it looks like Putin is about to cause a revolution then they will give him a shove .
But the fact that the Ukranians have stood their ground & resisted seems to have him rattled as if he thought it would be like Crimea .
If he really wanted to Russia has enough conventional weapons the "Bomb then back into the stone age " to quite one of your own .
Russia has a GDP & economy around the same size as Australia but a population of around 150,000,000 as compared to our 30,000,000
Russias spend on defence as a percentage of GDP is nearly double what Australias' is and 1% higher then the USA
The USA defence budget is sending the USA brake, so imagine what effect the Russian defence spending is doing to the bottom line in Russia .
What sent the USSR to the wall was it's spend on weaponary which is why there are hundreds of quite recient war ship at anchor in Russian harbours, because they can not afford to man them so they are rusting apart in harbours.
It was not all that long ago that Russia was requesting help to decomission most of their naval fleet because they could not afford to do it themselves

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
But at least we not funding a war type action in the Afghanistan region so those funds are now available for other purposes. And the US just froze the Russia Central Bank access to funds they have in the US.

And yes Russia can just send in all their bombers but will be meet by the rest of the world turning completely on them. AKA WWIII. Then we don't need worry about climate change as we will not be here.