Heads up fellows things are getting nasty.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There's certainly plenty of blame to go around with the 737 Max tragedy. In both crashes, the trigger was a faulty angle-of-attack sensor. In the second one, the pilots should have known about MCAS and how to take back control of the aircraft when it malfunctioned. But the bottom line is that MCAS never would have existed in the first place if not for the regulatory pressure on Boeing to get the plane certified as a variant of the previous version. To avoid the added cost and delay of certifying an entirely new model, they had to prove that the Max handled just like the NG. Thus was born MCAS.
We know that when the government regulates an industry, the big players in that industry immediately capture the regulatory agency. We do all know that, right? It has happened every time, all the way back to the railroads and the ICC.
Exactly
Military pilots would have known what was happening, hit the big red button between the seats & manually corrected the flight path because they are trained properly.
Air Seat of Your Pants do not train their pilots properly because they just don't have the money to do the simulator hours & by the time they read "How to Fly This Plane For Dummies " they were already crashed.
The old Boeing management knows this & would never have delivered a plane to any airline that it was not happy with the training of the pilots .
The old Boeing management knew the consequences of loosing a plane
The McDonald Douglas management don't care because the military do not ground every plane & cancel all forward orders if one crashes & for military security reasons faults in the aircraft are never widely revealed so military aircraft crashes are always reported as pilot error or bird strikes .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes putin needs to be stopped. Unfortunately the generation that lived through WWll are pretty much gone and most of the population of first world countries don't have the stomach to stop putin and they think the useless UN will do the dirty work. Which won't happen. Not just one or two countries but the world needs to stop putin. The world is full of soy boy social justice warriors but no real warriors. I am not a war hawk and war is a horrible thing where people die but unless the world decides to stop him by force the mad mad with the napoleon complex will, like Bert said, continue to conquer countries. Sometimes you just have to stand and fight.
Exactly
And the idea that the planet is united because they all called Putin a "very naught boy" and sent him back into his room to play with his toys is frankly a joke.
To Putin it says they are all frightened of me so I can do as I wish.
And just like Hitler, every piece of turf he grabs makes him stronger and adds resources to use building up an even bigger military .
He won't stop at the Ukrane
And look at what happened in Georgia
A president who is universally hated who stays in power by repressing any opposition and mass jailing of the population.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Personally, I think we (the US) needs to mind our own business. This is shaping up to be just another war about oil. And Putin not wanting missiles on his door step.
We are still getting oil from Russia here in the US. Our fuel prices are now about $4 per gallon. While Russia is enjoying $1.92 when I checked earlier this morning.
Since we get a huge amount of fertilizer from Russia, our food prices will be up UP and away soon enough.
Biden needs to back off US oil companies, He's pissing them off. And causing the oil companies to retaliate and show him who's boss. And yet, the US oil companies are the boss, for good reason. The world turns on oil. If it wasn't for oil, most of us wouldn't have a small engine business. I can do without Biden. But I can't do without oil.

Just my two cents. (and that's about all it's worth)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Like Kennedy, Putin doesn't want missiles on his doorstep.
No one wants missiles on their door step .
In fact no one wants nukes period .
They cost a fortune to make & even more to maintain then when used render captured territory useless for decades
And apart from some religious despots who see glory in their own death & the death of their fellow citizens, no one will ever deploy them .
The only real solution is UN armies and no actual country armies.
SO the entire planet needs to be demilitarised or there is no future for any of us .
The world spends 3 times as much money on making weapons & training people to use them as we do on making food.
And if you want to look at it another way 5% of the worlds greenhouse gasses are directly resultant from the military ,
And 12% of world pollution is directly attributable to military .some will take that up as high as 25% if indirect pollution is included.
And that excludes pollution generated during conflicts and damage done during conflicts .
It took Europe nearly 30 years to recover sufficaintly from WWII to be able to feed & cloth themselves ( although the Aust government thought it would go on forever )
If no one has an army or airforce, then no one needs to have a bigger one

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Eliminating all military sounds like a good idea but since man has formed clans there has been and always will be fighting forces.

If you want to see the results of of the atomic weapons age just go to the Piketon DOE plant in Portsmouth Ohio. It was a uranium enrichment facility that closed in 2001. It still has cleanup going on. The place is still dangerously radioactive and will be for a long time. Radioactive waste, the gift that keeps on giving.
In about 20,000 years some E.T. will find the earth and check it out and will say "WTF was up with these earthlings?"
But in the mean time i need to order a Briggs voltage regulator and some intake gaskets.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Personally, I think we (the US) needs to mind our own business. This is shaping up to be just another war about oil. And Putin not wanting missiles on his door step.
We are still getting oil from Russia here in the US. Our fuel prices are now about $4 per gallon. While Russia is enjoying $1.92 when I checked earlier this morning.
Since we get a huge amount of fertilizer from Russia, our food prices will be up UP and away soon enough.
Biden needs to back off US oil companies, He's pissing them off. And causing the oil companies to retaliate and show him who's boss. And yet, the US oil companies are the boss, for good reason. The world turns on oil. If it wasn't for oil, most of us wouldn't have a small engine business. I can do without Biden. But I can't do without oil.

Just my two cents. (and that's about all it's worth)
Our oil companies have prevented fuel efficient vehicles from being made. If I can take 4 cylinder '75 Dodge Colt that was getting only 25 mpg city then make it get 45 mpg. And take '79 Chev Malibu Classic with a 365 V8 that was getting 16 mpg combined then after a few mods have it getting 22.6 combined with a highway cruise mpg of 32 mpg. Then that tell me that someone was preventing more fuel saving setups from coming to the market it. The only ones that profit for this not happening is the oil companies. I had install a mileage computer in the Malibu so it wasn't a rough guess. Just think I am not equipment engineer just a simple mechanic.

Also think about this PT the Russian Ruble is currently worth less than a penny when compared to the US dollar. And the Ruble will be worth even less in the next few weeks if their stock ever opens again. So yes their price for fuel is going be less as they less for the initial and has extremely lower wages. You have to take in account all of the economics if you are going to be comparing apples to apples. You got realize a lot of what we pay for fuel is taxes; both Federal and State.

If we stopping buying the Russian oil some say that will just make Putin to make more money will it should have the opposite effect as he will have dump the oil in what ever of the market left for it.

And please understand it not all Biden fault either as their are at 435 guys and gals in Congress that are his bosses. And right now the Republicans are hell bent on preventing anything from getting done if Biden asks for it to be done. As the Senate is evenly split between the Democrats and the Republicans nothing will get done until this changes. It is a basic fact that if Congress stays in a stale mate nothing will ever get done. PT it is like you being the boss at home and want to get something but your wife says hell no and you have to do what she says or there is hell to pay. BTW Trump had a similar set of bosses, it was just that Republicans had control of Congress and did Trump's bidding.

It just like I can't get the Idiot Ran Service to actually fix my account problem with them that is preventing me from receiving both my stimulus and refund checks. They are currently in arrears of $3200 plus interest along with my tax refunds plus interest. That is why when I filed this year I sent no payment even though I owed $546 in taxes minus what the EIC is. Maybe that will get their attention.

I was stupid to invest the first stimulus payment before I got it trusting the Idiot Ran Service would send me the payment. At least I seen what happen and didn't borrow the rest of the later stimulus payments to invest in growing my company. Two years now and counting.

Last edited:
Threads
Putin orders deterrence forces — which includes nuclear arms — to be put on high alert.

If this is so our governments are inching ever closer to nuclear war with Russia. Damn fools on both sides. Looks like the Russian president is hell bent on destroying the world if he don't get his way. I say we're less than half a second before Midnight right now.
as soon as im old enof air force for me

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
as soon as im old enof air force for me
I should have known you was a blow hard since you are not even old enough to join the USAF. Hopeful you can read and/or understand Russian.

Обнаружен пуск ракеты 'земля-воздух'

To enlist, you cannot be younger than 17 (18 for GED holders) or older than 39 years of age. To join as an Officer, you cannot be younger than 18 or older than 39 years of age. To join as a healthcare or ministry professional, you cannot be younger than 18 or older than 48 years of age.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If we stopping buying the Russian oil some say that will just make Putin to make more money will it should have the opposite effect as he will have dump the oil in what ever of the market left for it.

Russia is going to sell his oil in Euro's, just like Saddam did. That's the only actual reason we invaded Iraq. It's the only reason we invade any country. So it seems. Our lame stream media isn't even mentioning that, because the American people won't fall for that one again. So we use the excuses that worked before. Freedom, and how bad Russia is. And everything except the truth.
What is the truth and all the details of the truth? We'll never know. Like maybe there's a connection to Hunter Biden being on the board of directors for a Ukrainian energy company, when he had no experience in energy, what so ever.
But we do know that Russia is getting off the USD in his oil trades. And that was enough to invade Iraq.

Our oil companies should buy oil from Russia, if they can get it cheap enough. It's their money, they can buy it from who ever they want.
And please understand it not all Biden fault either as their are at 435 guys and gals in Congress that are his bosses. And right now the Republicans are hell bent on preventing anything from getting done if Biden asks for it to be done. As the Senate is evenly split between the Democrats and the Republicans nothing will get done until this changes. It is a basic fact that if Congress stays in a stale mate nothing will ever get done. PT it is like you being the boss at home and want to get something but your wife says hell no and you have to do what she says or there is hell to pay. BTW Trump had a similar set of bosses, it was just that Republicans had control of Congress and did Trump's bidding.
Biden is the CIC. He's making it his fault with his support for a country that's as corrupt as Russia's, if not more so. Sanctions on another country is an act of war. Biden could end those sanctions. Stop sending Ukraine money and equipment. Now he's talking about sending fighter jets over there. And for what? To take up for a country that does nothing but bleed us and other NATO countries, because they don't want to pay Russia back the billions they owe Russia?
That's like borrowing a lot of money from the bank, then filing bankruptcy for no other reason than to stiff the bank. Ukraine is already begging NATO to forgive their already existing debts. They're a spoiled brat country who can't manage their money. But because Putin is getting away from the USD, NATO (which is basically just us) is going to help them out (again)

Trade with all countries. Alliances with none. If Ukraine falls, who cares? We'll just keep trading with Russia.

BTW, if we get into a war with Russia, we'll probably have to fight China, India, Iran and maybe even North Korea. There's nothing in the world worth a war that big. Especially some little podunk country like Ukraine.

Seriously. we stand to lose 10's of thousands of American soldiers, no telling how many trillions of $$$. Probably some destruction and deaths of American cities and American citizens, for what? Ukraine? Trade and be friends with other super powers, if it's possible. And with Russia, it's very possible.
I'm no Trump fan, but Trump made accomplishments with Russia that made them closer allies. And we made money off of Russia. Russia made money off of us.