Dealer Sold Me 2012 Toro brand new For the Price of a 2014

gfp55

Threads
  • / Dealer Sold Me 2012 Toro brand new For the Price of a 2014
Don't know the person that bought this mower or know how he bought it. He got his money back and good for him. Now what he has to buy another one and what now if he doesn't like the next one or buys a lemon. I find in life you just can't satisfy some people. I sure hope he dose his home work better on the next purchase and takes a look at what he is buying. I find that Toro makes a very good quality machine that would last him for many years. If he wants a hour meter make sure it is on the mower before delivery not after. Now not knowing what he paid or the prices how do I know if the dealer over charged him?? Like I said I know if I make a big purchase I know what I am buying before I ever walk into the dealer and know prices. Everybody is saying what a bad dealer he bought this mower from. Like wise I don't know this dealer or was ever in his place of business, how can I say he is bad or good. Seeing he give him his money back it doesn't seem too bad to me. I have worked as a mechanic in different dealerships for around 25 years and have seen a lot in that time. This may be the reason it may seem I might be on the dealers side of this story. Like I said some people you just can't satisfy and some you can.

You would have made a good lawyer, lots of words with no answers. Right is right, wrong is wrong, period.. the dealer said it was an 2014 and it truly was a 2012 so the dealer and salesperson lied that makes them wrong, Period.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You would have made a good lawyer, lots of words with no answers. Right is right, wrong is wrong, period.. the dealer said it was an 2014 and it truly was a 2012 so the dealer and salesperson lied that makes them wrong, Period.

What in the world is there to answer he got a new mower and as I under stand 2012 mower is the same mower as the 2014. The same thing, its equipment, not a new car. I just can't see what year it was made would make any different, they are made the same. You will see a lot of this in farm equipment and large over the road trucks. You can call me all the names you want and I will do the same to you because this isn't the first time I have disagreed with you. So put the hr. meter in it and it will be a 2014. For all I care anymore I hope the OP buys a Weed Eater one and really gets it stuck in his A##, along with you. I was a mechanic not a lawyer and seen this happen many times when I worked for a large truck dealership that a truck would sit on the lot for a couple of years. I really don't see the big deal here other then you like to argue so let keep it going because it sure entrainment for me.

gfp55

Threads
OK, You are right and I am wrong.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree this is very good entertainment.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If a dealer will lie on a contract, they will lie about anything. Gee I wonder why the mower had no hour meter?

I kinda had the same thing happen when I purchased my 36" walk behind. The mower I purchased had the hour meter but when I got there to pick the mower up it didn't have the meter. The Owner said when he called to order the machine the guy in the warehouse said he had a last years model he could send that was cheaper and he could save me $400 if I purchased last years model over the new model needless to say I save $400. Got the same warranty just like the newer model. I do agree that what the dealer done in this case was pretty underhanded. I would also call Toro and let them know, I don't think they would take that from a dealer.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wonder if the OP is still visiting here ?

PS: If it is an older model year (leftover) then do the right thing & cut the price & sell it for what it is, with full warranty..

Why do ya think 'reputable Dealers' have year end Super Sales ?