Can't get wheels off.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
So they aren't welded on, I guess I can't picture in my mine what a snap ring bearing is or are you talking about the front wheels not back.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, it's been raining for two days straight here and I can't get a picture. The wheels have a snap ring bearing but I can't get it off. The right rear tire has no snap ring but it still won't budge. I've tried PB Blaster and no luck. It may be badly rusted on but I have no way of heating the bearing up to bust it off. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks

I use a bottle jack put one end on the frame other end on the wheel pump it a few times then turn the wheel and do it again takes a little time but works.

racing is the only sport that you need two balls

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use a bottle jack put one end on the frame other end on the wheel pump it a few times then turn the wheel and do it again takes a little time but works.

racing is the only sport that you need two balls

If you use this method of removing the wheel be very careful because you can bend a wheel very easy.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you use this method of removing the wheel be very careful because you can bend a wheel very easy.

Sorry left that part out. Try and get the jack as close to the center as you can.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: If that rim is qualled to the axle that hard, I would not try the jack part, probably end up seperating the axle from the diff. via the c-clip holding the axle to the spider gear coming off. The break down on that transaxle show a washer and a c-clip/snap ring as wheel retainers. Evidently the tires will not take air?

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
:smile: If that rim is qualled to the axle that hard, I would not try the jack part, probably end up seperating the axle from the diff. via the c-clip holding the axle to the spider gear coming off. The break down on that transaxle show a washer and a c-clip/snap ring as wheel retainers. Evidently the tires will not take air?

I assumed he took the c-clip off that holds the wheel on.
I have never had any trouble with the axle separating but I do see how it could happen

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: Carscw, I would hope so. I think the weld he is seeing is where they welded the hub to the rim, as there is no bearings in the hub. I have gotten lucky and moved the key back and froth on the axle shaft, to where I could get the key out.
then I was able to get the rim to turn on the axle shaft, therefor breaking it loose. But I notice from the IPL that the key in this application is a half moon, so no chance of getting it to move. Has racing season started yet for you?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
:smile: Carscw, I would hope so. I think the weld he is seeing is where they welded the hub to the rim, as there is no bearings in the hub. I have gotten lucky and moved the key back and froth on the axle shaft, to where I could get the key out.
then I was able to get the rim to turn on the axle shaft, therefor breaking it loose. But I notice from the IPL that the key in this application is a half moon, so no chance of getting it to move. Has racing season started yet for you?

The track opened two weeks ago. Sad to say I just have not had time to get ready to go. Been working 7 days a week for 3 weeks now.
We have a sand dredge at the river we are shutting down. Cutting everything up and selling for scrap. I have took on to much work again

Buckshot 1

Threads
The track opened two weeks ago. Sad to say I just have not had time to get ready to go. Been working 7 days a week for 3 weeks now.
We have a sand dredge at the river we are shutting down. Cutting everything up and selling for scrap. I have took on to much work again

:smile: In this day and age, it is a good thing to be working. I do not know about 7 days a week, I done that for years, as it paid for alot of my toys. We have 2 months to go before the track opens, unless you want to race dog sleds or snowmobiles. Good luck when you do get to racing. Wonder what skillet done about the rims?

skillet

Threads
image-131299693.jpg

Here are the rims, sorry for the delay.

Attachments

• image-4225529152.jpg
    image-4225529152.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 37
  • image-3823037178.jpg
    image-3823037178.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 35
  • image-2738931676.jpg