Briggs& Stratton engine will not turn over

JimP2014

Threads
So with both valve caps basically the engine is destroyed. So absolutely time for the shop and not mine
Omg I found this. I'm not saying another word1000010253.jpg

Forest#2

Threads
Omg I found this. I'm not saying another wordView attachment 69202

Was that push rod in the engine?
(if so maybe it's making parts like push rods and valve caps by itself when it running and might start making bigger parts and throwing them out of the block before long) Briggs engines have been know to make their own parts sometimes.
Would also be a hint as to some of the strange noises you are hearings.
Keep a eye open you might see a check engine light come on later.

JimP2014

Threads
Was that push rod in the engine?
(if so maybe it's making parts like push rods and valve caps by itself when it running and might start making bigger parts and throwing them out of the block before long) Briggs engines have been know to make their own parts sometimes.
Would also be a hint as to some of the strange noises you are hearings.
Keep a eye open you might see a check engine light come on later.
Forest, here's where that 19.5 Briggs& Stratton OHV engine stands so I put a brand new push rod. I happen to have an aluminum one and that's exactly what I needed and it was brand new so that's in place. The valve caps are in place. The intake is at 4000. The exhaust is at 7,000 brand new spark plug. So to make a long story short, it starts up instantly which is what I was doing before. But now the new twist is after a couple seconds. It just shuts down and I don't know why. I have been using carburetor cleaner. You know I can't explain it but I'm just telling you what's going on could make a movie of it so it starts up perfectly. Whereas like a few days ago the flywheel would not even rotate.

So the question is and it's not really direct towards you but if it keeps rotating the flywheel is it going to be okay or is it going to break again that I don't know.

Jim

JimP2014

Threads
Forest, here's where that 19.5 Briggs& Stratton OHV engine stands so I put a brand new push rod. I happen to have an aluminum one and that's exactly what I needed and it was brand new so that's in place. The valve caps are in place. The intake is at 4000. The exhaust is at 7,000 brand new spark plug. So to make a long story short, it starts up instantly which is what I was doing before. But now the new twist is after a couple seconds. It just shuts down and I don't know why. I have been using carburetor cleaner. You know I can't explain it but I'm just telling you what's going on could make a movie of it so it starts up perfectly. Whereas like a few days ago the flywheel would not even rotate.

So the question is and it's not really direct towards you but if it keeps rotating the flywheel is it going to be okay or is it going to break again that I don't know.

Jim
Just so there's no confusion for a very long time. It was starting up instantly and then all kinds of help broke loose when the last 4 days it struggled to start but then I found a bent push rod. Now all that's been cleaned up. So now it's starting up instantly and it's shutting down. That's a new symptom
Jim

JimP2014

Threads
Just so there's no confusion for a very long time. It was starting up instantly and then all kinds of help broke loose when the last 4 days it struggled to start but then I found a bent push rod. Now all that's been cleaned up. So now it's starting up instantly and it's shutting down. That's a new symptom
Jim

Spraying carburetor cleaner is the only way to keep it running

JimP2014

Threads
So I got it back to hunting and surging and the throttle linkage is going back and forth wild so I had to put my finger to try and keep the same idle speed. I got to do more testing. Get out the thermal gun. See what's going on on the exhaust side for temperature

JimP2014

Threads

I can't say if it sounds good or bad but it runs. The problem is it runs at high speed so I have to control the RPMs with my finger. Maybe it's strictly a governor adjustment. Maybe not but it just wants to run. Maybe 4,000 RPMs whatever. I'm hoping the only thing is the governor adjustment?

Thanks,
Jim
Also, I just put a new carburetor on it.

JimP2014

Threads

I can't say if it sounds good or bad but it runs. The problem is it runs at high speed so I have to control the RPMs with my finger. Maybe it's strictly a governor adjustment. Maybe not but it just wants to run. Maybe 4,000 RPMs whatever. I'm hoping the only thing is the governor adjustment?

Thanks,
Jim
Also, I just put a new carburetor on it.
I don't run it for very long and I don't plan on just leaving the engine running high RPMs just a test if it's still hunting and surging I don't think it's hunting and searching. I just think it's running full throttle and I got to get it so it's running. Say 1800 RPMs

JimP2014

Threads

In this video I am moving the throttle from low speed to high speed back and forth and I'm not sure if the governor lever is supposed to be moving at all. The engine's not running.

Jim

JimP2014

Threads
This is the latest video. It actually almost seems like it's running okay. However, the temperature on the exhaust pipe is about 830° f and I only run it for a couple minutes now. I can't imagine just because the engine housing is missing that accounts for say 300° f. I think there's still something seriously wrong but I just don't know. So it's running low to mid throttle right now and the engine seems a little smoother but I don't really know what to listen for.

Jim