Bad Boy Maverick vs Spartan RZ-HD

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Love how it calls me a newbie sounds like everybody in here is a newbie because they have not done any research guarantee none of y'all know that DeWalt bought MTD and pretty much every motor company out mtd which is Craftsman John Deere Troy built, cub cadet, Husqvarna, probably BAD BOY AS WELL LOL not Spartan THOUGH THEY SAID THEY NEVER SELL OUT THEY WILL ALWAYS BE INDEPENDENT
There is quite a bit of false information in the above statement. ☝️

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Love how it calls me a newbie sounds like everybody in here is a newbie because they have not done any research guarantee none of y'all know that DeWalt bought MTD and pretty much every motor company out mtd which is Craftsman John Deere Troy built, cub cadet, Husqvarna, probably BAD BOY AS WELL LOL not Spartan THOUGH THEY SAID THEY NEVER SELL OUT THEY WILL ALWAYS BE INDEPENDENT
Research shows that Spartan Mowers has been acquired by Toro.

DK35vince

Threads
Snowman8732$ makes me want to never consider Spartan again with that BS rant.

Last edited:

RayMcD

Threads
Maybe you should go look at something different, perhaps a "BOBCAT" Cheers, r

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The forum calls you a newbie base purely on the number of times you post.

I honestly can not see the point of this tirade apart from perhaps your medication is letting you down.
Stanley / B & D own MTD
Husqvarna is still owned by Husqvarna
John Deere is of course still John Deere and will be till the sun stops shining or we pollute ourselves to death
Bad Boy is Independent
And Spartan was sold to Toro.
Any fool could see what the game plan was with Spartan
They could not keep making mowers of that quality for the price they were selling for
It was a scam from day one to take enough sales from the major players so as to force one of them to buy you out at massive profit, or better still get a couple of companies into a bidding war
This is a common trick in transport .
A small company with a small turnover and a good line of finance can set standards that major players can not meet competatively then get them to buy you out .
Hopefully Toro will continue the range but I suspect they will shut the whole thing down in due course.
Great Danes were similar way too good a build for the asking price .

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It got kind of quiet all of the sudden.

Snowman8732$

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nope but would love too hate everybody doesn't take the spartan advantage, they would never go to another mower again

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nope but would love too hate everybody doesn't take the spartan advantage, they would never go to another mower again
So, you are not a Spartan dealer?
Anyway, I never see a Spartan mower in this section of Georgia. I don’t think many people would like that trouble prone starter pad. I don’t even know of any dealers in this area.
Here’s a list of what’s riding the trailers around here and the order of popularity.
#1: Gravely
#2: Exmark
#3: Scag
#4: Hustler
#5: Bad Boy
#6: John Deere
#7: Toro
#8: Dixie Chopper
#9: Grasshopper
There are a few Kubotas around. Those are mostly diesel.
After Toro bought out Spartan, It wouldn’t surprise me if Toro didn’t end the brand all together.

Last edited:

BlakeC

Threads
Update:
Besides the insane rant about that Spartan... I still have not received my Bad Boy Maverick yet. I ordered in early March 2022(year is important in case this carries over to 2023) but there is apparently a world wide shortage on engines for the model I chose.
It's not just an issue with Bad Boy, it's an issue with every manufacturer.
I'm going to stick it out though. Currently, I have no mower and just borrow my in-laws'. This cub cadet will just make me appreciate the bad boy more!