Bad Boy Maverick vs Spartan RZ-HD

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update:
Besides the insane rant about that Spartan... I still have not received my Bad Boy Maverick yet. I ordered in early March 2022(year is important in case this carries over to 2023) but there is apparently a world wide shortage on engines for the model I chose.
It's not just an issue with Bad Boy, it's an issue with every manufacturer.
I'm going to stick it out though. Currently, I have no mower and just borrow my in-laws'. This cub cadet will just make me appreciate the bad boy more!
What engine did you order?

BlakeC

Threads
What engine did you order?
Kohler, but none of them are available right now. I called Bad Boy too and they said they keep getting promised inventory but a fraction of that will show up. They literally have mowers sitting there waiting for engines. My dealer was supposed to get 21 mowers last month and 5 showed up. They were supposed to get another shipment shortly after that but none showed up!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dang, that’s terrible.
It appears that a local dealer in my area has a few Maverick HD models with Honda and Kawasaki engines.

Snowman8732$

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would go with the Bad Boy. The reason is because it has a keyed ignition switch.
That has to be the first dumbest thing I've ever heard i have a Spartan and it blows all bad cos out the water lol and i have a residential lol

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
That has to be the first dumbest thing I've ever heard i have a Spartan and it blows all bad cos out the water lol and i have a residential lol
I’m happy for you. Spartans are an endangered species in my part of the country. Sighting one would be a amazing thing. In fact, the only Spartan dealer within a 50 mile radius has stopped stocking them. They now only sell Bobcat and Husqvarna zero turns. Toro has bought out the Intimidator Group. Will Toro continue with the brand?
I doubt that your residential Spartan blows “all” Bad Boys out of the water.

Last edited:

BlakeC

Threads
UPDATE:
I see the rants of a madman continue.
Meanwhile, still no news on the mower I ordered. HOWEVER, they did offer me a 2022 Maverick HD 60" w Honda engine at cost. Even at cost, it's still $1k+ above what I was planning to pay for the standard Maverick.
I only have 1.5 acres so the Maverick I originally ordered is already overkill. I think I will still holdout for he one I ordered.
Contemplating stepping down to a ZT Elite, but I really want that 4 wheel suspension on the Maverick w my bumpy clay yard.
Update:
Besides the insane rant about that Spartan... I still have not received my Bad Boy Maverick yet. I ordered in early March 2022(year is important in case this carries over to 2023) but there is apparently a world wide shortage on engines for the model I chose.
It's not just an issue with Bad Boy, it's an issue with every manufacturer.
I'm going to stick it out though. Currently, I have no mower and just borrow my in-laws'. This cub cadet will just make me appreciate the bad boy more!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
UPDATE:
I see the rants of a madman continue.
Meanwhile, still no news on the mower I ordered. HOWEVER, they did offer me a 2022 Maverick HD 60" w Honda engine at cost. Even at cost, it's still $1k+ above what I was planning to pay for the standard Maverick.
I only have 1.5 acres so the Maverick I originally ordered is already overkill. I think I will still holdout for he one I ordered.
Contemplating stepping down to a ZT Elite, but I really want that 4 wheel suspension on the Maverick w my bumpy clay yard.
The Maverick HD has a MSRP of $2,000 more than the MSRP of the regular Maverick. Do you have any Gravely, Ariens, Hustler, Big Dog, Husqvarna, Red Max, or Bobcat dealers near you?
I would mention Toro but, their inventory is low everywhere.
Where are you located?

Last edited:

BlakeC

Threads
The Maverick HD has a MSRP of $2,000 more than the MSRP of the regular Maverick. Do you have any Gravely, Ariens, Hustler, Big Dog, Husqvarna, Red Max, or Bobcat dealers near you?
I would mention Toro but, their inventory is low everywhere.
Where are you located?
I'm actually getting the standard Maverick for about $700 below the current promo price. Cash discount + I may have gotten my order in before prices went up. Whatever the reason the price is so low, that's why I'm trying to hold out for my initial order.

They did just confirm my mower IS being delivered next week!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm actually getting the standard Maverick for about $700 below the current promo price. Cash discount + I may have gotten my order in before prices went up. Whatever the reason the price is so low, that's why I'm trying to hold out for my initial order.

They did just confirm my mower IS being delivered next week!
That’s good news!

BlakeC

Threads
It finally came! They ended up knocking another $300 off for me. Now we just need some rain so I can actually use it!
20220628_180320.jpg
20220628_181104.jpg