Air Fryer issue

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just learned how to do mac n cheese in the microwave. Taste just as good as boiling the noodles in water. Same soft noodles.
No you didn't. Here's a new super MAC recipe I stumbled on BS'ing around with my wife. Instead of adding milk or water, add buttermilk. It makes it double cheesy. Buttermilk being thicker and richer than the other two...... Do it on the stove. Salt the crap out of the water. Drain and add dry cheese, butter and buttermilk. More salt and black pepper if you like it. MMMMmmmm

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
No you didn't. Here's a new super MAC recipe I stumbled on BS'ing around with my wife. Instead of adding milk or water, add buttermilk. It makes it double cheesy. Buttermilk being thicker and richer than the other two...... Do it on the stove. Salt the crap out of the water. Drain and add dry cheese, butter and buttermilk. More salt and black pepper if you like it. MMMMmmmm

Can you taste the buttermilk? Cause I don't like buttermilk?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
A revelation in the mystery of the rusting bottom plate.

After cooking some chicken tonight, I thought I'd wipe the AF out while it was still hot inside. I removed all the trays, including the bottom crumb tray, and there was a puddle of water between those same two rivets.
Apparently the steam created from the chicken, drains down the side of the AF, and into the very bottom. To it's lowest point. And just sits there, blocked by the crumb tray. And no way to get any wind & heat mixed. And since the top of the crumb tray rarely gets dirty, I don't normally remove it when I'm cleaning the grill tray or the drip tray.

After wiping up the water, I noticed little white corrosion spots already forming.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A revelation in the mystery of the rusting bottom plate.

After cooking some chicken tonight, I thought I'd wipe the AF out while it was still hot inside. I removed all the trays, including the bottom crumb tray, and there was a puddle of water between those same two rivets.
Apparently the steam created from the chicken, drains down the side of the AF, and into the very bottom. To it's lowest point. And just sits there, blocked by the crumb tray. And no way to get any wind & heat mixed. And since the top of the crumb tray rarely gets dirty, I don't normally remove it when I'm cleaning the grill tray or the drip tray.

After wiping up the water, I noticed little white corrosion spots already forming.
Figured it would be something like that
Clean the old one and paint it with POR15, 2 coats and it will never rust again but of course it will require regular wipe outs .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Can you taste the buttermilk? Cause I don't like buttermilk?
Then you never like cornflakes with buttermilk. I grossed out my family when I first did it so I ended up just eating my cereal dry in the mornings when they were around. Now it is a acquired taste. Of course this was before lactose free milk was widely available.

When I first became lactose sensitive due the hospital injecting a kill all bacteria shot I couldn't have any milk product except buttermilk. A half of milk tore me up. After over 10 years I finally got back to where I can eat cheese without having the high trots and low squats.

I actually rupture myself by holding the bowel movement too long trying not to fill my pants full. I have been told you couldn't hold it but I did and did ruptured myself. That is a painful injury as you re-injury yourself anytime you go. I went to the doctor which couldn't even find an abscess on one my cheeks. It broke on the way the drugstore for antibiotics. I soaked my mother's car with the puss. The drugstore actually tried refusing to provide the meds because I would not come in the store. After I explained the reason finally they did. I actually developed an extra hole in one of my cheeks that I had to plug everytime I cut gas or I bled a lot and got extremely sore. As painful as bleeding hemorrhoids if not worst. I had both.

BTW not all buttermilk is the same either. Most are lousy to start with especially the low fat versions.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Then you never like cornflakes with buttermilk. I grossed out my family when I first did it so I ended up just eating my cereal dry in the mornings when they were around. Now it is a acquired taste. Of course this was before lactose free milk was widely available.

When I first became lactose sensitive due the hospital injecting a kill all bacteria shot I couldn't have any milk product except buttermilk. A half of milk tore me up. After over 10 years I finally got back to where I can eat cheese without having the high trots and low squats.

I actually rupture myself by holding the bowel movement too long trying not to fill my pants full. I have been told you couldn't hold it but I did and did ruptured myself. That is a painful injury as you re-injury yourself anytime you go. I went to the doctor which couldn't even find an abscess on one my cheeks. It broke on the way the drugstore for antibiotics. I soaked my mother's car with the puss. The drugstore actually tried refusing to provide the meds because I would not come in the store. After I explained the reason finally they did. I actually developed an extra hole in one of my cheeks that I had to plug everytime I cut gas or I bled a lot and got extremely sore. As painful as bleeding hemorrhoids if not worst. I had both.

BTW not all buttermilk is the same either. Most are lousy to start with especially the low fat versions.
Man brother, take care of yourself. What a story.....

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Figured it would be something like that
Clean the old one and paint it with POR15, 2 coats and it will never rust again but of course it will require regular wipe outs .

Is this paint OK to cook in. Up to 450f?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm gonna be an overnight success. I'll get hundreds of millions of views. And be a millionaires in no time. LMAO
(and then I'll wake up)

This is me.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I got up the other day and was going to cook some bacon in the new AF, and it was dead. The light would come on, but no heat and no fan. I contacted Chefman and they gave me the option of a new one. So I chose a different model. One of those that looks like a coffee maker. It's a lot smaller, instead of the 26qt oven style, the new one is going to be an 8qt. M# RJ38-SQSS-8T

1662467211575.png

On a positive note, I may look into swapping some parts out of the rusted one and the newer one to working. I really enjoyed that rotisserie.