Air Fryer issue

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well it like being on a salt free diet everything tasted treble until I got used to it. Now even normal salted food has too much salt for my taste. And those dang Hardee's biscuits plain burn my throat now so I had give up my favorite sausage biscuit in the mornings.

As a gal from Cook's Country put it everything taste better with bacon on it. Otherwords fat is what makes food taste good as we carve it.
The other 1/2 father had a bad ticker so the whole family went salt free
Thus when we moved out together she could not take even a salty cheese thus I also went low / no salt
Happy wife = happy life
And yes I now find almost every preparred food way to salty
bought a 1 lb salt tub in 1994 and it is still 1/2 full
Mostly used for pretreatment of egg plant steaks before grilling

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So if the liquid drain pan over fills or boils & froths up. where does it go ?
onto the crumb tray ?

It's almost impossible for the catch pan to overfill. Even cooking a pork roast, it's never gotten anywhere near 1/2 full of grease.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Calling all air fryer freaks.

How do cooked french fries taste in an air fryer?

Compared to oil fried?

Had a fellow fat man at work tell me they are pretty darn good. What do you guys think?

The only potato's I've cooked so far have been hashbrowns. Those turned out good.

One thing I can tell you though, anything you season your food with, cooked in an air fryer, you'll be able to taste the seasoning 100 X more.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
The only potato's I've cooked so far have been hashbrowns. Those turned out good.
Good means not great to me. Would like to hear someone say these toys of the week are not better in the actual taste department.
anything you season your food with, cooked in an air fryer, you'll be able to taste the seasoning 100 X more.
Is it because the air burns the seasoning onto the item and not diluted down with oil maybe?

I haven't tried one of these fryers yet. Looking for opinions. Thanks PT for yours.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good means not great to me. Would like to hear someone say these toys of the week are not better in the actual taste department.

Is it because the air burns the seasoning onto the item and not diluted down with oil maybe?

I haven't tried one of these fryers yet. Looking for opinions. Thanks PT for yours.
I used to think air fryers were a waste of money. My wife has been wanting one for several years so, I broke down and bought her one for Christmas. I have changed my mind. They are more like a miniature convection oven. They do some things well and other things not so well. A little advice. Don’t go cheap and buy the Walmart junk. Spend a little extra and get a better quality item. I went with the Corsori and purchased from Amazon.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is the same with microwaves. I have learn to cook several meals using a large unit in the Mic. but have yet to replace the broken one. I do miss it for thawing meats, cooking meatloaf or deserts. I even cooked a whole turkey in last over the range mic. I am planning on buying a convection oven later this year as I hear they more effective cutting down cooking times.

Now I don't think I like those washers without a standard dasher. My neighbor washed my uniforms Sunday and there was a lot trash still on them. Oh I know a dryer would probably get that off but I tend to air dry them. And it took an hour and a half to do what my washer does in 18 minutes. Of course current my water supply is down as the pump went out to lunch and never came back. Local priced one at $500 and looks like one on Amazon can be gotten for around $200 including shipping.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
sunlight is free, kills bacteria and viruses so why would any person want a cloths dryer
Admittedly it does also bleach out some colours but wearing them outside does the same thing
Those combined washers & dryers gobble up a massive amount of energy .
Got a 20 year old front loader in the workshop & the house washer was a 40 year old Hoover twin tub which we left behind for the new owner .
I don't know who works out the wash cycles but I have only ever used the short wash cycle that takes 20 minutes & uses 40 litres of water from the rainwater tank
Occasionally I have used the cotton setting that takes 2 hours + 20 minutes for the prewash when the overalls were really greasy but in reality a soak in NappySan followed by a quick was does a better job.

The workshop has 2 microwaves a small plug in grill / oven a small bowl type air frier & a deep electric frying pan .
Microwaved veggies are so much tastier than boiled veggies & when you take the time to learn how to use it properly you never want to put a pot back on a stove again, unless you are boiling a carb
If you nuke a lot please do it in a glass bowl not plastic as the waves can libberate some of the plasticizers into the food ( not good ) .
Thought about a real air fryer but lack of bench space put that to bed
Took me about 2 years to work out how to cook a cake the way I like them and 6 minute cakes or muffins are a treat
Got a mass of lemons & manderins at the moment so every one who makes a social visit leaves with a manderin cake with lemon frosting .
Microwave jam is interesting but doable in 1/4 of the time as is citrus butter ( called curd to some ) .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just learned how to do mac n cheese in the microwave. Taste just as good as boiling the noodles in water. Same soft noodles.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

I didn't really want to get one. I was just strolling through amazon and seen one on sale. So I went to Youtube and watched a few video's. Then watched a few more. Then talked some family members who had one. And they all swore by theirs. (the ones that uses theirs).
This time, curiosity got the cat a bowl of kibbles.

Tonight, I had two bacon and tomato sandwiches. It does bacon and sausage really good too.