Air Fryer issue

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So I got the new one and took the old one apart. There's NOTHING under the bottom plate but another piece of sheet metal that formed with a gap between it and the floor plate. It's only purpose is to hold two knobs, that are attached to the door mechanism. That's it. Nothing electrical there what so ever.

And under the bottom plate, the outside if you will, is spotless. No rust. No corrosion. Nothing. All the rust and corrosion is on the inside.
So if the liquid drain pan over fills or boils & froths up. where does it go ?
onto the crumb tray ?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Calling all air fryer freaks.

How do cooked french fries taste in an air fryer?

Compared to oil fried?

Had a fellow fat man at work tell me they are pretty darn good. What do you guys think?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Calling all air fryer freaks.

How do cooked french fries taste in an air fryer?

Compared to oil fried?

Had a fellow fat man at work tell me they are pretty darn good. What do you guys think?
They work great on Tater Tots and steak fries.
Other cuts of fries are okay but, not as good as deep fried.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I cut them 1/4" square spray them with canola oil fry on 400 about 14 mins. About 95% as good as deep fried and not oily. I cut them a little thinner to make breakfast potatoes. Probably 3 to 4 timea a week. You have to salt them within seconds of taking them out or the salt won't stick. I use the fryer every day. I like to microwave brats to get them almost done then a few mins in the air fryer at 400 to get the grill type browning. I cut chicken breasts into strips bread them with a spicy seasoning mix and 10 mins at 370. Same for pork loin.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I cut them 1/4" square spray them with canola oil fry on 400 about 14 mins. About 95% as good as deep fried and not oily. I cut them a little thinner to make breakfast potatoes. Probably 3 to 4 timea a week. You have to salt them within seconds of taking them out or the salt won't stick. I use the fryer every day. I like to microwave brats to get them almost done then a few mins in the air fryer at 400 to get the grill type browning. I cut chicken breasts into strips bread them with a spicy seasoning mix and 10 mins at 370. Same for pork loin.
Get some red pepper and a good grinder as red pepper is just the raw ripe pepper before it is roasted to turn it black to preserve it and is quite soft
Once you have had fresh cooked chips with red pepper you will never want to put salt on them again.
Pepper berries can be eaten 4 ways,
Green , very sharp , tart & hot
White ( green with skins removed ) just hot
Red, ripe nutty sweet & hot
Black, nutty & hot
Still trying to get a pepper berry bush to live longer than a couple of years as I do eat a lot of pepper .

Occasionally I season chips with tumeric

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well it like being on a salt free diet everything tasted treble until I got used to it. Now even normal salted food has too much salt for my taste. And those dang Hardee's biscuits plain burn my throat now so I had give up my favorite sausage biscuit in the mornings.

As a gal from Cook's Country put it everything taste better with bacon on it. Otherwords fat is what makes food taste good as we carve it.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a rub of garlic, peppers, cayenne, onion, turmeric, roasted peppers, mustard, sugar, paprika that i put on most all my veggies. Wife hates it and i love it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well that is why final seasoning should be done by the eater
I keep about a dozen different butters in the fridge for different seasonings of different veggies but the garlic+ginger is probably the one I use most
Lazy dinner is 1 large onion + 1 potatoe neuked for 2.5 minutes then slathered with the garlic+ginger butter then sprinkled with mixed pepper fresh ground

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I'm getting hungry.
Then I shouldn't mention those two big juicy ribeye steaks I have on the grill. I got them several months ago when they were only $4 per lb. Now the cheapest I seen them around here is $10 (9.99).