Air Fryer issue

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep, they are throw away devices. I finally broke down and bought one. I once thought they were just countertop clutter. They’re okay for some things. I spent a little more money on ours. That garbage that Walmart is peddling just didn’t make the grade.

I love mine. Rarely even use the stove anymore. Pork/beef roast, all sorts of chicken. And even a couple of steaks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That cord get too hot on heaters and coffee pots as most manufacture use under sized wire. My current coffee pot with detachable cord was getting way too hot too until I upgraded the cord. Now I not wasting as much electricity as it all goes to the heating element now. The pot now makes my coffee in less time.

I will not even use a space heater because of the under sized wires. This is why so many homes have fires when using space heaters.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I'm scared of electricity, to a certain degree. Too scared to go playing with it with the power source connected. So the unit will be unplugged when I take it apart.
I'm hoping to find an electrical part that showing signs of malfunction, with a part number on it. Also. maybe a bottom plate to replace this one that's rusting.
But I'm not having any luck finding any parts for this. AF are becoming so inexpensive, like most things they're "throw aways." Not cost effective to repair.
That's one of my pet peeves.
It's called respect for something that can kill you. I just people had more respect for other things that can also kill them.

As for repairs that what they want us to do and that is to fill up the landfills with what should be repairable but isn't because no one is willing to provide parts. No telling how hair dryers and coffee pot I have repaired because a thermal fuse blew over time.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's called respect for something that can kill you. I just people had more respect for other things that can also kill them.

As for repairs that what they want us to do and that is to fill up the landfills with what should be repairable but isn't because no one is willing to provide parts. No telling how hair dryers and coffee pot I have repaired because a thermal fuse blew over time.

Speaking of coffee pots, I have an extra one in the shop that use to filter gas with. Using a regular coffee filter. I never plug it in, of course. But it does help take out trash from good gas. @ $5 per gallon now, it comes in pretty handy.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
That cord get too hot on heaters and coffee pots as most manufacture use under sized wire. My current coffee pot with detachable cord was getting way too hot too until I upgraded the cord. Now I not wasting as much electricity as it all goes to the heating element now. The pot now makes my coffee in less time.

I will not even use a space heater because of the under sized wires. This is why so many homes have fires when using space heaters.

If the replacement AF has a hot cord, I might try upgrading it. Depending on how it's connected inside.
When I got this AF, I went onto youtube to get recipes and see how others are using theirs. I've noticed mine always took longer to cook. I thought it was because mine is bigger & shaped like an oven. The ones I seen on Youtube were shaped sort of like a coffee pot. Mine is a 26qt. Maybe the upgraded power cord will save some cooking time. I'll just have to make sure the outside of the meat isn't cooking too fast. If that's the case, i'll just have to turn down the temp.

Taking this older on apart is going to be fun.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
There’s probably some sort of capacitor under the pan that’s going bad.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I rewired the workshop with 3.5mm wire
It cost $ 75 more for the 100' roll than the std 2.5mm wire and I used 3 on them
While doing the rewiring I balanced the phases as well ( 3 phase power )
The power bill went down around $ 20 a month
The electrical shop asked why I wanted so much 50A wire and told me I was tossing money away by using the thicker wire
We are allowed to run 8 GPO's per circuit so now I can run safely 32A breakers in place of the 20A ones on each circuit and am yet to trip one

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

At my last home, I wired up my whole shop with the power on because the breaker on/off was backwards from the breaker that I used, compared to the other breaker.
After I was done, I turned the breaker on and no lights came on. I realized that I had the light switch off. So I turned on the light switch and still nothing. So I'm thinking, "Oh crap, I got something screwed up," so I turned the breaker back to what I thought was the off position. Boom, the lights came on. Plugged a drilling into the wall socket, and it came on.

I didn't know whether to pat myself on the back, or give myself a butt whoopin.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I got the new one and took the old one apart. There's NOTHING under the bottom plate but another piece of sheet metal that formed with a gap between it and the floor plate. It's only purpose is to hold two knobs, that are attached to the door mechanism. That's it. Nothing electrical there what so ever.

And under the bottom plate, the outside if you will, is spotless. No rust. No corrosion. Nothing. All the rust and corrosion is on the inside.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
sure, ask how to play with electricity on the Internet. Please let me know where your widow would like the flowers delivered to, assuming you don't electrocute her or one of the children / grand children first.
It only hurts for a little while.