why do people do this type of stuff to there EQ

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
he did this great job at home i guess then brought to me and said it was making a god awful noise ..Go figure lol then it stopped moving lol i can see why ...I saw the air craft cable and was like oh my what did he do now when i pulled the cover off ..I saw the damage and was like ha ha ha cool never seen that before once i get the parts out if he decides to fix it i will post a better pic of the platter it looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to it ...It is bad lol ..On those the proper cable is 15 bucks plus tax so round off to 20 half hr labor to install its easy ..Now there 300 worth of parts a labor to be done he didnt save anything doing that that for sure oh well next

If he pays when the job is done I would say it sounds like a good customer to me.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I find there is four levels of customers. The ones that don't do anything to there equipment, including change the oil. The ones that have you do everything to there equipment including air up a low tire. The ones that are knowledgeable and can fix all there equipment themselves. And the ones that know just enough to be dangerous. which means you get the equipment after they screwed it up.

Had a 5 HP briggs come in a few years ago disassembled in a cardboard box, with even the piston and rod removed. After reassembly determined problem with engine was it needed a new spark plug. Had MTD rear tine tiller come in disassembled and scattered over the length of a 8' pickup bed. Customer thought he could repair himself, but couldn't after taking it apart.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow those pics are rough lookin.

briggs

Threads
If he pays when the job is done I would say it sounds like a good customer to me.

i Dont think he going to get the work done he is cheap lol have dealt with him before ...But if he dose that's cool i like the money lol ..Plus it will keep me busy for a few hrs worst part is waiting on parts lol...I think i am going to order extra for his EQ and put them aside :thumbsup:

briggs

Threads
Wow those pics are rough lookin.

u should have seen my face when i took the cover off ha ha ha my other Mechanic said i had this dumb founded look on my face and all i said what the heck is that ha ha ha ...I can laugh today but i was pretty ticked last night because this guy dose stuff like that all the time and like ILENGINE said they bring it to u after the screwed it up so bad and want u too fix it ......hes better off to buy a one that i have already redone and trade his in so i can wreck it lol ....MOTOR RUNS GOOD tho thats just about it lol

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I find there is four levels of customers. The ones that don't do anything to there equipment, including change the oil. The ones that have you do everything to there equipment including air up a low tire. The ones that are knowledgeable and can fix all there equipment themselves. And the ones that know just enough to be dangerous. which means you get the equipment after they screwed it up.

Had a 5 HP briggs come in a few years ago disassembled in a cardboard box, with even the piston and rod removed. After reassembly determined problem with engine was it needed a new spark plug. Had MTD rear tine tiller come in disassembled and scattered over the length of a 8' pickup bed. Customer thought he could repair himself, but couldn't after taking it apart.

That is time to tell them to fix it them self and no thank-you. I find when this happens some of the parts will also be missing. Then you are chasing after them for the missing parts.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is time to tell them to fix it them self and no thank-you. I find when this happens some of the parts will also be missing. Then you are chasing after them for the missing parts.

If anything is missing it gets replaced with new parts, and added to the repair bill. Not my fault they lost the part, or didn't bring it.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If anything is missing it gets replaced with new parts, and added to the repair bill. Not my fault they lost the part, or didn't bring it.

I know what you are saying here, but its PIA. I find for myself I need to take something apart to put it together. Things like governor and throttle linkage. Something like that is a job wouldn't want to take on myself. I had a person bring me a really old Bolens garden a few years back to get running for them. All the carburetor linkage was missing and the tractor was too old to buy parts for anymore. I spent hours making my own linkage, wiring and a exhaust system for this tractor. I am not that hungry for work anymore.

briggs

Threads
I know what you are saying here, but its PIA. I find for myself I need to take something apart to put it together. Things like governor and throttle linkage. Something like that is a job wouldn't want to take on myself. I had a person bring me a really old Bolens garden a few years back to get running for them. All the carburetor linkage was missing and the tractor was too old to buy parts for anymore. I spent hours making my own linkage, wiring and a exhaust system for this tractor. I am not that hungry for work anymore.

me ether to be honest :thumbsup:

briggs

Threads
Well i called him today and he did not like the price at all to repair it so i might end up with it ...Has a good running 10hp Tecumseh double shaft engine on it