why do people do this type of stuff to there EQ

briggs

Threads
This is what happens when u try to to cobble stuff up instead of doing it right ....The cable he cobbled was only $15 new for the proper one ...Now he has to spend about 150 or more in parts plus Labor to fix it wow the platter is screwed its dented and scored bad the friction dis is screwed and he took the the bearings out as well .....

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 54

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just what are we looking at?

briggs

Threads
Just what are we looking at?

the drive on a MTD snow blower he used air craft cable with a peace of copper wire instead of the proper cable ..It was way to tight and he destroyed the friction disc and the platter and tore the bearings out as well

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 34

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
the drive on a MTD snow blower he used air craft cable with a peace of copper wire instead of the proper cable ..It was way to tight and he destroyed the friction disc and the platter and tore the bearings out as well

I have seen this happen on a snapper rer when someone adds a stronger spring

briggs

Threads
What a dumb ***. I have seen this happen on a snapper rer when someone adds a stronger spring

i just priced it out 300 in parts and labor...And he has a bad bearing in the front bucket there's another 200 in parts a labor i think hes better off getting another blower ...This one is screwed

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
...I have seen this happen on a snapper rer when someone adds a stronger spring

Never never call a customer a name. These are the things that keeps money coming to the dumb mechanic that has to use the right parts to make it work right. Yes I agree parts are expensive and sometimes is it worth the repair??? but that I guess would be up to the owner.

mowerman05

Threads
Why is it in your shop, he appears to be some type of mr fix it:laughing::laughing::laughing:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why is it in your shop, he appears to be some type of mr fix it:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Why didn't you know it any body that owns a snowblower can fix it and a full experience mechanic. Just come on this forum and you will be told so.

briggs

Threads
Never never call a customer a dumb ***. Theses are the things that keeps money coming to the dumb mechanic that has to use the right parts to make it work right. Yes I agree parts are expensive and sometimes is it worth the repair??? but that I guess would be up to the owner.

yes u are are right about the money part some what ....This guy is a Cobbler and dose stupid **** like this all the time last time he put grade 8 bolts in his auger and guess what happened there about 300 in damage ...And hes a cheap *** to boot ...I don't mind the money at all but i hate when people do this type of stuff i guess its the cobbling thing that drives me nuts .when the y do this its time consuming to fix and takes me away from other jobs ..Yes i have 2 other guys working there but they do tune ups and they easy stuff ..Cant wait to see what he doses next

briggs

Threads

he did this great job at home i guess then brought to me and said it was making a god awful noise ..Go figure lol then it stopped moving lol i can see why ...I saw the air craft cable and was like oh my what did he do now when i pulled the cover off ..I saw the damage and was like ha ha ha cool never seen that before once i get the parts out if he decides to fix it i will post a better pic of the platter it looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to it ...It is bad lol ..On those the proper cable is 15 bucks plus tax so round off to 20 half hr labor to install its easy ..Now there 300 worth of parts a labor to be done he didnt save anything doing that that for sure oh well next