Whats wrong with buying a Sears/Craftsman?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I bought a new craftsman a few years back cut about 300 yards and the engine went out took it back to sears. Took me two weeks to get it back with a new engine a new rearend new blades could say they about rebuilt the whole mower.
My cost was gas to drop it off and pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

CauZey

Threads
I bought a new craftsman a few years back cut about 300 yards and the engine went out took it back to sears. Took me two weeks to get it back with a new engine a new rearend new blades could say they about rebuilt the whole mower.
My cost was gas to drop it off and pick it up.

That ain't bad!!!!!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric you're batting a thousand! Very true on who gets serviced first. At least being 2nd in line and getting it serviced at a dealer should (hopefully) shorten my down time.

The other thing that hurts the Individual buying the department store mowers is Warrranty, not only do people understand the warranty but they don't realize that places like Lowes, HD, Sears and others don't do their own warranty work, it gets shipped out to what ever dealer they can find or can use and pickup from the store may only be every two weeks so their mower could be tied up for up to a month or more. Ya know I'm sorry but buying a mower from Sears or a big box store just doesn't make common sense.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess the sears I go to is the only one that does there own work.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm starting my own lawn care business and I really wanna go buy a gravely compact pro but I think for now until I build my clientele I'm going to buy a MTD built sears craftsman :/ versus buying hd or lowes stuff

If your smart you'll stay away from sears or any of those big box stores. If you're going into the business BUY from a Dealer and get there knowledge and backing of there service department. Tell the dealer what you are doing, ask what's best for the job and the area you'll be working in. Buy all your equipment from the same dealer, soon you'll find those 10 and 15% discounts on equipment and supplies you buy. Believe me it pays to buy from a dealer in more ways than one.

CauZey

Threads
If your smart you'll stay away from sears or any of those big box stores. If you're going into the business BUY from a Dealer and get there knowledge and backing of there service department. Tell the dealer what you are doing, ask what's best for the job and the area you'll be working in. Buy all your equipment from the same dealer, soon you'll find those 10 and 15% discounts on equipment and supplies you buy. Believe me it pays to buy from a dealer in more ways than one.

Yeah I agree. I buy all of my other equipment from her so far. But I need a mower and they only sell mowers that are pretty much commercial. And I just hate to jump in head first lol

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah I agree. I buy all of my other equipment from her so far. But I need a mower and they only sell mowers that are pretty much commercial. And I just hate to jump in head first lol

Actually you would probably be better off buying one commercial mower form her one time than two residential mowers from Sears twice, it would be cheaper and save you money in the long run. Don't be afraid to ask her for some kind of discount.

A

AmericanTurf

Everything is wrong with buying sears crapmans. It amazes me how many dorks there are in wanna-be lawn service....

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Everything is wrong with buying sears crapmans. It amazes me how many dorks there are in wanna-be lawn service....

Yeah I have to agree there are a lot of wanna-be services out there and they appear every year. They show up with mowers and trimmers and such from the big box stores and think they are a legit business. They eventually find out that the business is a little more than what there equipment can handle and it ends up costing them more money than they make.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I bought the DYT Crafsman I knew nothing about lawn mowers. Over again I would buy a blown unit (there are plenty) and rebuild like I did my new crafsman (twice). Grrr.