What do you think

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Adults are always the problem.
Games, music, films etc have ratings.
Why do "adults" allow kids to watch or play these things?
I used to play grand theft auto and pretend to run people over but would never allow my kids to do this till they were aged enough at the rating and understand it.
Iv got some friends that allow there 7 year old to play and say its fine.

metz12

Threads
So, if they want to take away our gun rights, then they will have to take away our chainsaw rights too. because that can be used as a weapon also.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
So, if they want to take away our gun rights, then they will have to take away our chainsaw rights too. because that can be used as a weapon also.

Taking it a bit far now.
How many people do you know walk into a school with a chainsaw and kill people?
We would have to then cut our hands and feet off aswell then as they are weapons?
IMO it has to be common sense.
Guns are known as weapons which are meant to hit things from distance mostly killing.
Chainsaws are tools to cut trees down!!

metz12

Threads
Taking it a bit far now.
How many people do you know walk into a school with a chainsaw and kill people?
We would have to then cut our hands and feet off aswell then as they are weapons?
IMO it has to be common sense.
Guns are known as weapons which are meant to hit things from distance mostly killing.
Chainsaws are tools to cut trees down!!

Well its just my point of view, you are right by saying that it is easier to use then a chainsaw but still even if a person follows the gun law, and they want someone dead then they are going to find another way to kill them. just think of how many simple things that could be used as weapons.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
image001a.jpg

image001b.jpg

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well its just my point of view, you are right by saying that it is easier to use then a chainsaw but still even if a person follows the gun law, and they want someone dead then they are going to find another way to kill them. just think of how many simple things that could be used as weapons.

Basically most anything can be used as a weapon, Gun laws like padlocks are for honest people.

Threads

Agreed. They will find other ways to kill people even if guns are illegal but they will also find ways to get guns, even if they are illegal. So really they will use anything if it is legal or not--it doesn't matter.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your constitution was good back in the 1700 (or whenever) when you were fighting for freedom and killing indians but you need to bring it into the 21 century.
Nobody needs guns unless job dependant and with licence.
Over here even air rifles need a licence because a child got shot!
Take guns away and the innocent might stand a chance.

The Firearms (Amendment) (No. 2) Act of 1997, banned private ownership of handguns almost completely in the United Kingdom. The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

Read more: Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads

I havent got a problem with anybodys point of view and fully respect any of them as we live in a "free"
World to say what we want (within reason).
Yes chainsaws should have licences aswell.
I still cant believe that in this day and age anybody can go to a supermarket and buy something as dangerous as a saw.
We have the "right" to drive a car once we have past a "test".
Thats what guns should have as well.
Yes anybody may be able to aquire firearms illegally but lets make it harder.
Just had a documentary on with america having 50% of the worlds firearms with only 5% of worlds population. Something wrong.
Why do 10% of women in America own a firearm?
America is one hell of a scary place!!!

combatcarl

Threads
Hey pug, I get it. You don't live here, though. Its really beginning to grate at me how folks from all over the world feel they have an opinion that matters in this. We have rights, protected by our constitution. I personally, don't want to live in a place where I'm outgunned by the police or anyone else. Its how our nation was founded. You can't understand. That's why I don't live in CA, NY, Chicago, etc. Its laughable that you have to register a bb gun. I've had one since 10 years old. Never did gunplay, no game system as a kid, and just under 5 years in the Army. Please, worry about your country, not mine. We'll fix our problems ourselves. Ya dig?

Sent from my LG-P505 using LMF