Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

agg5910

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone from sunny and hot North Florida,

Purchased my first Hustler Raptor SD 54 with Kohler 7000 from a local dealer, mower will be delivered today. I have my fingers crossed....

motorman150

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I just bought a Hustler Raptor 52 two weeks ago. Has 8 hours on it and sounds like a rod has come loose. Anybody else had any problems like that? Thanks Mike

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There have been reports about random casting defects affecting the early run of the 7000 series motor.
Cold comfort to you right now but Kohler have been replacing these engines under warranttee .
So take it back or at very least get in contact with your dealer.
From memory it causes the cam to run dry so what you are hearing is the cam.
At least it is towards the end of the season.

wtp1986

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
2016 Hustler fastrac sd 60 in

regulate2001

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just had my Hustler Raptor SD 54" delivered Friday 8/5/2016. Love it, except it's attracted to water.

Attachments

• 20160805_183629.jpg
    20160805_183629.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 36

Datadave

Threads
Just had my Hustler Raptor SD 54" delivered Friday 8/5/2016. Love it, except it's attracted to water.

What a Bummer Man.
Good thing the old post was there to catch you.

Deputydog1157

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. I do not own a Hustler yet as I have been researching. My JD L120 is 12 years old and is showing signs of age. I have decided that I need to upgrade to a ZTM and have narrowed my research to the Husky Z254 with the Kaw or the Raptor SD 54. I was hoping the Raptor had a Kaw but I guess they stopped using that engine in the residential mower. The Hustler is a leg up on the Kusky for the quality of the deck since it is not stamped like the Husky is. I am hoping to pick up a Hustler at the end of this cutting season. I have about an acre of my own however I abut a golf course in Sarasota Florida and that course is closed and since the fairway is right behind my property, I usually share mowing that fairway with my next door neighbor. This adds between 1 and 2 acres so realistically I am mowing 2-3 acres weekly. Most is level except the fairway of the course has hills. I am looking forward to reading about others' experiences.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Stamped deck cuts better than fabricated deck. They are designed for airflow. You can not do all that designing on a flat surface. From what I have read on here with some blade changing and discharge shoot cutting you can get a good cut from the Raptor SD. Also make sure the bolts that hold the hydro's on are tight and installed with the treads not touching the braces. They have a small issue of breaking sometimes. But if you keep them torqed they will not have that problem. Just check them every week or so depending on how much you use the mower. That is all I remember about the Raptor.
For the Husky fill it with gas and check the oil and grease it as per manual and it should be fine.

Mr. Mower

Threads
Hustler Raptor Flip-Up

Hello to all you fellow Hustler Raptor owners!

I'm new to the forum and this is my very first post of any part of the forum.

Recently the time had definitely come for me to replace my old 1997 MTD Yardman 46" deck riding mower that I purchased back in June 1997 when my wife and 2 year old daughter moved into our house which sits on little over an acre of land. It servered me very well during the spand of time and I kept it up for it to last me the past 20 years but it was showing it's age and well the o'riding mower was on it's last wheel and it's time was coming to it's end. So it was time to start my search for a new riding mower.

After searching and reading about many models and manufacturers of zero turn riding mowers, it came down to two choices. The Gravely ZT or the Hustler Raptor. Both have the 54" deck.
I chose the Hustler Raptor Flip-Up. Now to be fair the Gravely is just as nice and it was a hard choice for me to decide but finally there were specific reasons that lead me to chose the Hustler and well I have no regrets, now.

Back on August 28th I made my very first purchase on my very first "zero turn" riding mower. It was delivered to my house on September 4th and it had just been sitting in my garage the past few days because I simply had too many things going on between work and all I could not get to really test it out. I even had two accessories that I had for it to install on it.

Well today I tried it out for the very first time and believe me I was not disappointed in it's performance or handling but most of all the quality of the build on this riding mower has really impressed me the most. But what I really liked the most out of it was the special "flip-up" feature that it has! WOW! I love it!

This is my very first time that I have ever had a zero turn riding mower, let alone try one out. Just about all the neighbors in the hood have one (or two!) zero turn riding mowers. They all changed from the regular riding style type to zero turn and well I guess I was the last hold out but that has now changed.

Anyway that's the story on my, new to me-first time owner, zero turn riding mower.... the HUSTLER RAPTOR FLIP-UP.

Good to be here and looking forward to reading post on the Hustler Raptor mowers.

Datadave

Threads
Welcome to LMF Mr. Mower
I can tell your excited like I was when I took delivery of my RSD two months ago.
Still learning things about the machine, so far so good.
I can tell the blades are getting dull, now to decide on what type to replace them with.
Good Luck