Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

afd

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
Re: Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First! afd

Hi guys,
Al from Massachusetts.

I have a Hustler Fastrack. I have had it working successfully for a number of years.

Last year at the end of the season the battery died, so I replaced it with a new battery.

When I tried to start it this year it started, ran for a few minutes and then stopped. It has not run since.

I replace the oil filter, fuel filter and plugs at the end of each year.

Has anyone had any issues with the safety interlocks.

I would be very grateful if someone can shed some light on the problem.

Thank you in advance

Al :)

577jersey

Threads
Re: Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First! afd

Hi guys,
Al from Massachusetts.

I have a Hustler Fastrack. I have had it working successfully for a number of years.

Last year at the end of the season the battery died, so I replaced it with a new battery.

When I tried to start it this year it started, ran for a few minutes and then stopped. It has not run since.

I replace the oil filter, fuel filter and plugs at the end of each year.

Has anyone had any issues with the safety interlocks.

I would be very grateful if someone can shed some light on the problem.

Thank you in advance

Al :)
I bet you have a case of the ethanol fuel blues,
You will have to remove the float bowl from the carb and clean out the main jet,if it still does not run right you need to take the carb off and do a complete cleaning of all jet ports by using a small steel G or B string from a guitar with some carb cleaner and compressed air.

While you have the carb off crank the engine with the fuel line in a coffee can and see if you have a good fuel flow/delivery.
Good luck and keep us posted!!

Tom :)

talon86

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a Hustler Kawasaki 19/48 about 7-8 years ago. Had problems with transmission for first 3 years as transmissions whined even in neutral. Finally found someone that could adjust correctly and haven't had any problems since. Until now. Have play in right steering arm. Trying to determine how to remove.

Chief1

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Hustler mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Hustler owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Hustler mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Hustler stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hello. I am Chief1 from SC. I bought a Hustler Raptor SD with a 54 inch cut a couple of weeks ago and just found this forum and was interested in what other owners thought of this brand of mower. Mine has the Kohler I7000 motor so I hope it is a good one.

ChuckL

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, Just replaced my 30 year old 30" John Deere tractor with a Hustler Raptor SD 48". Browsing this forum as a guest, helped me in making my selection between all the different brands. Hopefully I can get the same kind of life out of this Hustler.
Thanks for all the information I was able to research.

garretts lawn care

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello new to the forum I have hustler raptor 48 in cut and a Fastrac 54 in cut I use in my lawn care business in North Central Arkansas around the beautiful Greers Ferry Lake and surrounding area of Clinton Arkansas
my opinion on hustler mowers is they are great!

tcbc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. I have a Hustler Raptor SD 54". Mowed for the first time and loved it! Made quick work of my yard!!

Swampwise

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys. I own an older Fastrak 44 that I am currently "repowering". Got a question or two about it, but I will address that in another thread. Awesome site!

Datadave

Threads
Hello everyone
I just bought a Hustler Raptor SD 54" with the 25HP Kohler Pro Performance 7000.
Should be delivered tomorrow morning (I can't wait). I mow 2 acres and about half of it is heavy Pensacola Bahia.
This stuff grows tall, thick & very fast if left unchecked for more than a week and when it rains it gets totally out of control.
I hope this Raptor SD is up to the task. I spend to much time mowing with my John Deere 42" tractor type mower.
The JD has served well for 12 seasons but even though it is still running good I am ready to upgrade to the zero turn and
spend less time mowing and have more me time every weekend :cool:

I'm sure I will have a thousand questions in the next year or so but hopefully I will be able to share/help as well.

Thanks for the welcome!
Dave

Axys

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys. Just replaced my 1985 JD 318 this week with a Raptor SD. Mowed today with it and could not believe how well it cut and the speed. Cut my time in half. I hope I made a good choice.

Thanks for the welcome