Welcome to the Electric & Battery Operated Equipment Forum!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Electric & Battery Operated Equipment Forum!
GREETINGS to all electric & battery operated lawn equipment owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other LMF members (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for electric & battery operated lawn equipment owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool info? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

MowerMike

Threads
Hi,

I currently own 3 battery operated push mowers and am expecting a 4th to arrive shortly as follows:

Greenworks 25242 16" 40 V 3.65 Ah Lithium-Ion $329.98 from Amazon
WORX WG782 14" 24 V 5 Ah Lead Acid $219.99 from Amazon
Earthwise 60120 20" 24 V 20 Ah Lead Acid $196.98 from Bens Supercenter via Amazon
WORX WG786 15" 24 V 7 Ah Lead Acid $166.49 from worxgt on eBay

I replaced the stock 6" front wheels on the Greenworks with 7" wheels to increase the maximum cutting height and level the deck, which was tilted downward towards the front with the stock wheels. This also helped reduce the pushing effort, since the mower is front heavy.

I replaced the stock dumb charger on the Earthwise with a Schumacher INC-2405 smart charger, that I bought for under $50 on Amazon. The stock charger will ruin the battery if left connected too long and will never fully charge the battery no matter how long it is connected.

If you have any questions regarding these mowers or modifications, please feel free to post on this forum.

MowerMike

Attachments

• IMGP1397.jpg
    IMGP1397.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Threads
Hi,

I currently own 3 battery operated push mowers and am expecting a 4th to arrive shortly as follows:

Greenworks 25242 16" 40 V 3.65 Ah Lithium-Ion $329.98 from Amazon
WORX WG782 14" 24 V 5 Ah Lead Acid $219.99 from Amazon
Earthwise 60120 20" 24 V 20 Ah Lead Acid $196.98 from Bens Supercenter via Amazon
WORX WG786 15" 24 V 7 Ah Lead Acid $166.49 from worxgt on eBay

I replaced the stock 6" front wheels on the Greenworks with 7" wheels to increase the maximum cutting height and level the deck, which was tilted downward towards the front with the stock wheels. This also helped reduce the pushing effort, since the mower is front heavy.

I replaced the stock dumb charger on the Earthwise with a Schumacher INC-2405 smart charger, that I bought for under $50 on Amazon. The stock charger will ruin the battery if left connected too long and will never fully charge the battery no matter how long it is connected.

If you have any questions regarding these mowers or modifications, please feel free to post on this forum.

MowerMike

:welcome: to LMF, MowerMike!.....Nice mowers!!

MowerMike

Threads
@LMF - Thanx for the welcome :smile: Nice collection in your sig :thumbsup:

Just got the WORX WG786 yesterday, and it's truly impressive given that it's the cheapest battery powered small mower you can buy. Check it out on eBay in the worxgt store. The Labor Day sale is over, but they've still got 4 left for $184.99, which is a great deal. FWIW, Menards is selling them for $329 !

Note: I've posted in your ECHO PB-250LN thread. Got one myself a month ago and luv it. :biggrin:

Threads
@LMF - Thanx for the welcome :smile: Nice collection in your sig :thumbsup:

Just got the WORX WG786 yesterday, and it's truly impressive given that it's the cheapest battery powered small mower you can buy. Check it out on eBay in the worxgt store. The Labor Day sale is over, but they've still got 4 left for $184.99, which is a great deal. FWIW, Menards is selling them for $329 !

Note: I've posted in your ECHO PB-250LN thread. Got one myself a month ago and luv it. :biggrin:

Thanks (your comment about my collection)! I will check out that mower! :smile:

Pugetsoundwa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry no photo's.

We bought our home in 09 and rented a gas mower once a month.

Decided we didn't want to own one as maintenance and fuel and such was a pain.

We went with a Neuton, CE6 19".

With 2 batteries we never worried about enough juice.

After fence and flower beds put on the steep hill sides I can now mow on 1 battery.

The only beef I have is..After 3 mowing seasons 1 battery doesn't recharge to full.

I do admit we might have paid a bit more then other battery mowers, should have researched a bit but are still pretty happy.

I do like that its quite enough the neighbors rarely hear us.

Its funny to see the neighbor at the top of the hill step out and see that we mowed then run to mow his lawn..

i have yet to figure out how much fuel and maintenance we have saved. I do admit we spent 5 bucks to get 1 blade sharpened and will again next Spring. But that's literally been it other then Electric to charge it and we have no way of figuring that out.

MowerMike

Threads
We went with a Neuton, CE6 19".

With 2 batteries we never worried about enough juice.

After fence and flower beds put on the steep hill sides I can now mow on 1 battery.

The only beef I have is..After 3 mowing seasons 1 battery doesn't recharge to full.

I do admit we might have paid a bit more then other battery mowers, should have researched a bit but are still pretty happy.

Thanks for posting and welcome. Like you, I very much enjoy using my cordless electric mowers.

The Neuton has an excellent reputation for quality and its price is comparable with other similar mowers like the Black & Decker CM1936. Lead acid batteries rarely last more than 3 years, and often much less, so you've gotten your money's worth out of it. The Neuton is one of the lightest mowers its size, which is a definite plus. On the negative side, its grass bag is very small and its maximum cutting height is only 3".

Threads
Thanks for posting and welcome. Like you, I very much enjoy using my cordless electric mowers.

The Neuton has an excellent reputation for quality and its price is comparable with other similar mowers like the Black & Decker CM1936. Lead acid batteries rarely last more than 3 years, and often much less, so you've gotten your money's worth out of it. The Neuton is one of the lightest mowers its size, which is a definite plus. On the negative side, its grass bag is very small and its maximum cutting height is only 3".

On my Honda HRR the max height is 3" also, and I sometimes wish it would go higher, like my Honda HRX.

Augi

Forum Newbie
Threads
:welcome: to LMF, MowerMike!.....Nice mowers!!

I'm considering the B&D SPCM1936, Worx WG789, and now the Greenworks 25272. All are self propelled. I had a Toro the lasted for 20+ yrs. Durability is my concern as well as routine service after the sale. I usually have to bag because I never had a mulching mower (blade?). My lawn guy is probably gone in the next few weeks. He uses a riding, swivel handle kind f mower that stripes.

What has been your experience with the Greenworks? Well made or not? I don't a mower where I'm pushing and bend the arms ( I did that on the Toro when I tried to adjust the height). Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. --Augi