Today's younger generation

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey Twall, I know exactly where you are coming from, because odds are, the half of the LMF members that don't hate your guts hate MINE instead, because I started this thread and won't let it die. Well if I didn't know better I'd swear you were older because you make such a good argument of your side of things and you are remarkably mature compared to many others I know near my age. You remind me of my cop neighbor who is remarkably level headed. He is 32 but if I met him online I'd guess he was 20 years older. Perhaps I should apologize if you feel I am lumping all the people in your generation together as selfish ingrates and I'm sorry you interpreted it that way. I can tolerate many things but NOT INGRATITUDE. I don't expect much in return for favors or gifts but it rankles me like all get out when people take my help for granted. My wife spent 2 weeks pay and 3 weekends of her time paying for and preparing that baby shower and her selfish ingrate niece can't even get off her butt for 30 seconds to call my wife and thank her or spend a buck for a card and spring for a stamp and take five minutes to mail it. That really ticks me off. My wife would do the same for my niece if I asked, the difference is my niece would take the time to express her appreciation but in case she didn't I'd give her pure hell. Again sorry if I said all today's younger generation are selfish and unappreciative. Sent from mobile.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
JD -

In the case of the girl (not even young woman - girl) you refer to, I concur wholeheartedly, and those of her ilk are nuicances to society.

It's just the way you started this thread, (don't apologize) probably in the heat of hurt. I understand that. It's like someone who gets mugged by a "person of color" in NYC, and says racist things out of the hurt, even though he didn't really mean it quite the way he said it.

I just take offence to broad brushes. I used one in that large rant above (to show how it feels the other way), just because it was being used here and there in this thread. "With a few exceptions they all seem to be _____. (add your BS here)"

I know why you did it, and although no apology is needed, it's accepted. Let's just let this thing go, okay? Like I said, I have a lot of strong stuff to say the other way on this, and I don't really wanna use it. People have treated me different, though it seems, since we had this joust. Maybe they assumed I was older, as well.

Look at Murry Furry. Until he let on to his age, I thought him to be in his 30's. Then, he told us (pretty much) his age, and got ribbed, and left.....and that's an absolute crying shame.

It's sad that generation has to divide us so.......since we all obviously have a common interest. :frown:

From the youngest member here, to the oldest, we all love lawn mowers. Let's get back to that - and forget that we are of different generations.

Last edited:

mystreba

Threads
The process of taking my "head out my arse" involved a lot of things, but without question - hands-down, no debate about it - the single most life-changing event was suddenly recognizing that I alone was responsible for everything in my life, and subsequently taking 100% ownership of every aspect of my situation no matter how much it sucked.

twall, cut the "everybody hates me" crap. It's just a discussion based on one person's opinion.

Hey, isn't this The Front Porch? All opinions are worthy of consideration and respectful debate. If you don't like to debate and only want to talk about lawn mowers, that's cool. But this isn't the forum for that.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks to all for listening to my rant, and I appreciate the input from everyone here...I truthfully do not have many good friends in life, so I guess I was using this forum to vent my displeasure to those I felt a connection to. So I will let the issue drop...I PROMISE not to post here again about the subject at hand. Muhammed, will you please remove the thread?

And thanks again, you are collectively a wonderful (well, MOST of you :laughing::laughing:) group....:thumbsup:

mystreba

Threads
Thanks to all for listening to my rant, and I appreciate the input from everyone here...I truthfully do not have many good friends in life, so I guess I was using this forum to vent my displeasure to those I felt a connection to. So I will let the issue drop...I PROMISE not to post here again about the subject at hand. Muhammed, will you please remove the thread?

And thanks again, you are collectively a wonderful (well, MOST of you :laughing::laughing:) group....:thumbsup:

I am pretty sure that Muhammad will not remove the thread - it is a legitimate use of the forum. What other purpose would this "Front Porch" forum have? Post away my friend.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
.......twall, cut the "everybody hates me" crap. It's just a discussion based on one person's opinion.

I WILL NOT. Which, BTW, "one person" are we talking about? JD's? And those who agree with him? Whatever. People used to respond to my threads, now everybody acts like I'm yelling at them. No matter what the forum. So stop being patronizing. :tongue:

JD - thanks for agreeing to let this die. This will be my last post as well in this thread (as long as JD holds to it.....:wink:)

Last edited:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Last post in this forum, just wanted to hit 1500 today. Sent from mobile.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads

"If JD holds to it" - he said.....

And I am the one worried about my postcount? :laughing: Hell of a place to put it, man.......:laughing:

Seems like just yesterday you started a thread about hitting 1000......wait....it wasn't yesterday, was it? :wink:

mystreba

Threads

"If JD holds to it" - he said.....

And I am the one worried about my postcount? :laughing: Hell of a place to put it, man.......:laughing:

Seems like just yesterday you started a thread about hitting 1000......wait....it wasn't yesterday, was it? :wink:

Oh for crissakes.:confused2: As I always say around the house here: "f#%^$in kids".

NertKuio

Forum Newbie
Threads
They are young and this is their decision. My daughter is getting married and she is in love. Now her biggest concern is choosing a wedding dress.