The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I live this so it seems somewhat natural to me. I forget that it sounds like I am a dirty old man with a very young new wife to others. Here is the scoop. Started family at 21 years old and had 2 kids 2.5 years apart. Raised them and 16 yrs after that I adopted a son the same age as my oldest. His Uncle was stealing all his money left to him after both his parents died. He needed help and I gave it to him.
Now fast forward to 3 years and 9 months ago. My piece of schitt brother in law got his piece of schitt girlfriend pregnant. (both drug addicts) The government had already taken one kid from him and 12 from her. They were not going to be able to keep this one either. We were foster parents for years and knew the social worker. She let us know they were not going to be able to keep the kid. My mother in law wanted to keep him and raise him but her being too old and not the paternal grandmother that was not in the cards either. So my wife decided without me involved in the decision to get Shawn. It took almost 2 years to get him adopted but it finally happened. So now I am a new father. 2 kids at 32 years old one at 28 years old and one at 3 years old.
Now for the best part. I never wanted a new child and told her I would not be a part of it. She begged and pleaded and after Shawn showed up I melted and said I would help her get Shawn for her to take care of. I let her know I would be ending our marriage as soon as Shawn was adopted. Yes, this is how much I was against this. She wanted him so bad that she was willing to lose our long-time marriage to have him. Then the big problem happened. I became his dad and could not see my self without him. So I stayed to take care of my favorite little boy. My wife has Loupis and can barely take care of herself let alone him so I do most of it. She is in pain 24 hours a day and has a real problem with taking care of a child. This is one of the main reasons I did not ever want to take him on in the first place. She knew she could not take care of him but had to have him. I will NEVER understand women.

END

Chuck,

Holy Moses! That's all I can say!! . . . . My wife and I read that and decided not to complain about any of our aches and pains today. You have put an entirely different outlook on life for us!

My hats off to you. I hope Shawn grows up to understand what wonderful 'parents' he has and I hope his maturing into a fine young man will repay you both for the efforts you've made.

I also feel you have just made the most personal, heartfelt posting, of all the posts ever made on this thread and I hope it has positive effects on many of our readers.

I sincerely thank you Chuck and wish you and your wife the best of luck in what will be a life long experience for all involved..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Great of you to "step up to the plate" like that Chuck, It's an "eye-opener" when you "THINK" about YOUR problems, ..THEN..you learn of another's that make's YOUR'S pale in comparison, my wife & I support her 45 year old daughter (just got Disability for complications of Diabetes) and her 2 kids, a 23 yr. old son ( working but just above Min. wage ) and a 16 yr. old daughter (still has 3 yrs. of school to finish, ..failed a few grades !! ) My wife pays a $600.00+ mortgage & an INS. on her place she lived in (with them) now they live there, until we got married and I bought our present home, wifes 2000 Ford Van died bout a month ago ( blown head gasket ) & it's really beyond economical repair, so we need another vehicle, etc. etc. etc. , but your situation, UHH-UHH, I don't think I have enough left in me to cope with YOUR situation,God Bless You AND them Chuck !!

Well said, Boo.. Chuck has humbled all of us! However, with that said, you know we are pulling for you guys too.. Good luck my friend..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Surely there is a Loupis support group in the USA.
All of the hand , arm & foot braces she wears come from the USA.

If your wife has not had one, get a full hormone analysis done, and by full I mean full. Costed around $ 6,000 down here but I would happily pay that amount again & again for the benefits she derrived from the results.
SWMBO had one done when she was in hospital for extreme vertigo.
The principle problem ended up being the contraceptive she had been using for 20 years.
After treatment she got a lot better, put on some weight so a fart no longer blew her out of bed.

The Loupis society down here is fantastic because just like your other 1/2 when she bursts into tears from the pain in opening out her hand she got treated as a hypochondriac as well and to top it off got accused of being a drug addict trying to get perscription drugs for pleasure.
Every one seems to be different and yes some things work full time while others look like they will be great, then loose effect very quickly.
She bought a wax bath and that is the only thing that has always made things better but even now the relief from it is diminishing.

She found that constant movement which causes almost permanent pain worked a lot better than not moving then being in intense pain when she had to do things like grab a knife or wrap the fingers around a steering wheel.

Sorry to hear your wife has become bad enough to require morphine

Bert,

You have contributed a great deal of useful information on this thread, from which all of us have benefited and thanked you for. Now I'd like to thank you along with the other guys who have poured out their hearts (maybe a little strong for this male dominated thread?) - let's just say "shared" - their personal hardships in this life. All the rest of us can do is forward our best wishes to you all and take solace in the good things in our own lives. It is good to be able to put things into a different prospective every now and again.

Thank you too!

Roger

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Many support groups but none in our area. Besides she would rather not talk about it. It depresses her. I have learned so much about Loupis that I know more about it than the doctor that treats my wife. The only doctors that have real knowledge of it are 3.5 hours away or more. My wife is not affected by the joint problems as much as your wife. Her's has been working on her internal organs and brain. So she hurts from head to toe almost all the time. It is a horrible disease. Now my 28-year-old son has been diagnosed too. I knew he had it long ago but he did not want to deal with it. Now it has gotten so bad he can not take it either.

That would not be hard.
The same is true down here .
What pisses her off is for 10 years she went to the college medical service where they have unlimited access to the entire medical school and they diagnosed it as arthritus.
It was a nurse at the hospital that correctly diagnosed it as she had seen both the hormone problem & the movement problem before but again the doctors refused to believe this was the case for several weeks.
We both thought she was going to die as raising her hand caused her to black out.

Yes and the bad news is being a chromozone defficency , Loupis is both heridatary and enviromental so once you have it you will pass it on.
Wishing all of your family the very best , at least your son will know early so he has a better chance of long term management.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
A Day for Introspection

All Hands,

I think today would be a good day to count your own blessings and give the good and happy parts of your life the credit they are due. As in all things in life, there will always be those who are greater and those who are lesser than yourself. Greater and Lesser may be applied in many ways, but if you've read the last few pages of this thread, I'm sure you know what I mean.

I also would like to thank the administrators once again for allowing this thread to run off subject for so long. If you've followed along all this time, I'm sure you realize that it's been worth it and I thank you for the latitude...

Roger

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ok, I never expected to get any real response to my post. Wife and I have been dealing with Loupis for 30 years and my new son for 2+ years. It seems so normal to me that I did not expect this. The out poring has humbled me even more. I thank you all for your thoughts.

So with that said let us get back to kicking it around and enjoying this wonderful place we have here.

primerbulb120

Lawn Addict
Threads

I am here. What do you want me to say?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ok, I never expected to get any real response to my post. Wife and I have been dealing with Loupis for 30 years and my new son for 2+ years. It seems so normal to me that I did not expect this. The out poring has humbled me even more. I thank you all for your thoughts.

So with that said let us get back to kicking it around and enjoying this wonderful place we have here.

AMEN !!

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Sorry Boobala, life gets in the way sometimes and I don't get on the computer as often..........I don't use my cell phone for anything but making calls or a text message once in awhile, so unlike some of the boys on the department, I'm not slumped over in the rig on way to call checking my "facebook status".

That aside,

Good Morning Everyone.......Happy Sunday, and remember tomorrow is Saturday:cool: