Sad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is there a fucking rule about talking politics? Are you all so insecure that you feel the need to talk about it on a Lawn site?
Well yes there is a rule but the mods generally let it ride if the posts remain civil.
There is a rule about language but they are pretty laid back about that as well.
It is the "front Porch" section for blathering on .
Slomo is always good for some comic relief as he is a fanitical Republcan supporter ( or he is a good fisherman ) .

And no I doubt that any here are "so insecure" but it is fun to see what people actually believe and what misinformation has sunk into their heads .
People believe what they want to believe and in fact they have just found the belief gene, apparently it is on the 6th chromosome so it looks like Hawkings got it wrong .

USA politics is rather fun to observe from a long way away in a country that has compulsory voting so every one has to vote and an independent electorial commission that runs all of the elections from local government through the state government and on to Federal government plus a for a lot of Unions as well , They also set the divisional boundaries so we at least do have some thing that you lot don't , a truely free & fair election .
Thus there is no need for the tribal frenzie that gets whipped up in the US to encourage people to get off their bums & vote, nor can the incumbent party rig an election by any means other than the timing and of course port barreling .
As for Covid, it will be here for a long time and the Colombian variant killed 8 fully vaccinated people in Brazil last week .
The report did not mention which vaccine the people had been given, just that they had the complete double dose .
So perhaps we can all have a chance of dieing in the next wave.

As I type, we are in the middle of a lock down caused by inept government officials failing to ensure that a DHL flight crew were moved from the airport in a covid safe mannar.
To deflect from their mistakes the government played the race & elitist cards which boosted the popularity of the Premier & health minister .
However they let it get away so now that 1 person's infection has spread almost nation wide , killed 79 people and infected 8000.
They poo pooed the rapid antigen tests so now all of the hospitals are about to collapse as the staff have either contracted Covid or are in isolation because they worked with an infected person.

SO rubbish governments come in all colours in all counties & with all voting systems.

D

Deleted member 99482

Trump was the pres. He didn't want to scare, alarm or freak out the public. He did say masks and the vaccine work. He knows they all work as he gets the best briefing from top so called experts daily. Every word he said or tweet he did, someone freaked out. And the Democraps were first to attack him on his every word.

Politics aside, Trump did more for the American PEOPLE than I've ever seen. Low gas prices, border wall, stock market boomed and many more.

And our current pres "Sleepy" Joe Biden. What has he done for us? LOL Okay I DO like one thing the man has done. Pull the troops out of Afghanistan. Although he screwed it all up by removing the troops before the civilians. Step in the right direction. Next I hope he pulls out of Korea and Vietnam. What the heck are we still over there for?
Not sure how this site turned into a political discussion. I'm not sure how you can say Trump did great things for the country. Low gas prices are supply and demand and other than releasing oil from the federal reserve, the president has nothing to do with it. You do realize the rise in the stock market is from the federal reserve pumping billions of dollars into the economy each week. Hence the rise in inflation. Only a small part of the border wall was completed, so I doubt there is any real benefit there. Not that I'm saying everything he did I disagreed with. There was never a serous attempt to get the border fixed before him. Now it would be great if every member of Congress would begin to control the run away spending.

ScooterBob

Threads
Today is a sad day for the state of TN and talk radio. Today renowned talk show radio host Phil Valentine passed away of the Covid19 virus. Phil hosted the Phil Valentine show on Super Talk 99.7 WTN for many years. He was my ride home from work every working day. He will be missed. May God bless his family as they move forward and heal from their loss.
F*cked around and found out, didn't he? I have NO sympathy for anyone who won't try to save themselves. Go down with the ship, I say .....

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Not sure how this site turned into a political discussion. I'm not sure how you can say Trump did great things for the country. Low gas prices are supply and demand and other than releasing oil from the federal reserve, the president has nothing to do with it.
#1 it's almost inevitable now days. just keep it civil.

roadster675

Forum Newbie
Threads
Today is a sad day for the state of TN and talk radio. Today renowned talk show radio host Phil Valentine passed away of the Covid19 virus. Phil hosted the Phil Valentine show on Super Talk 99.7 WTN for many years. He was my ride home from work every working day. He will be missed. May God bless his family as they move forward and heal from their loss.
Ye reap what ye sow
And how many other people did he kill who believed his misinformation antivaxer campaign?

juslog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not sure how this site turned into a political discussion. I'm not sure how you can say Trump did great things for the country. Low gas prices are supply and demand and other than releasing oil from the federal reserve, the president has nothing to do with it. You do realize the rise in the stock market is from the federal reserve pumping billions of dollars into the economy each week. Hence the rise in inflation. Only a small part of the border wall was completed, so I doubt there is any real benefit there. Not that I'm saying everything he did I disagreed with. There was never a serous attempt to get the border fixed before him. Now it would be great if every member of Congress would begin to control the run away spending.
Lets start talking about small engines again. Everyone is free to believe anything and free to die for those beliefs. Just dont make others die with you. Sad that people still die because of misinformation from Phil Valentine and others spreading lies. Sorry, I have no sympathy. Karma is a real bitch!

Searcy

Forum Newbie
Threads
What's really sad are all the people that will die from the misinformation Phil spread with his anti vaxxer social media and radio show campaign. I wish he had lived so he could fulfill his death bed promise to return to the air and undo that wrong. So preventable.. He will be missed.

SHB

Threads
He wasn't as invincible as he thought. No one should tempt faith. I learned a long time ago to heed warnings.

What is more sad is the 10 people that just die in severe flooding in TN near Nashville. They too didn't heed the warnings.

View attachment 58014

Although I didn't know any of these 11 folks it is sad to here of their deaths from being hardheaded.

The old adage is still true. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound cure."
Water flows from a thunder storm washed debris down a creek, where it lodged under a railroad bridge, forming a dam. Water built unnoticed behind this dam until it suddenly failed, sending a wall of water into town. There was no warning for these folks to heed.

Status
Not open for further replies.