Sad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You must have been a really bad boy I got mine. Please verify the gas prices so we all can see them I think something like that would make national news if not at least state news. What state are you in Tn. or NC.
No. Its that the IRS just stand for "Idiot Ran Service". You can't even get a real person on the phone anymore so you can get things straighten out. Well it least they haven't screwed up my Social Security account yet but that is probably next.

Well I didn't fall the 0.009 gimmick that the local radio station was doing at the station. I not that stupid. My time is more important to me. Like the $100 welding job did yesterday. I charged $75 but got a $25 tip. So I made the bill $100 for the rush job so the gentleman could write it off his taxes. That not my largest tip either as I got over $100 tip last year on a $200 job.

Though I can get gas free gas with my Mapco Rewards but I don't punish the local station. I did however take them up on the 0.15 off a gallon yesterday and I filled up with a little over 21.67 gallons @ 2.469 / gal. And last month I got $1.00 off a gallon @ Kroger when I got 25 gallons as I had 1000 pts to use. If I remember correctly that made the fuel 1.649 /gallon. And with Delta slowing things down again gas will probably be back under $2 soon. Really a large portion the fuel prices is taxes always so it can only get so low and then oil companies will just cut back production to keep the prices up.

And I know how to manage things. It like yesterday where I got 9 lbs of 80/20 hamburger for 1.66/lb when then the normal price lately is 4.97/lb. And I also got bone in chicken breast for 0.88 /lb when the regular price is 1.99 /lb. I actually save 38% on my total bill too so I could afford those all beef wieners. Plus I didn't pay the 9.75% sales tax either.

And yes meat prices here has gone through the roof like $11.99 for ribeye steaks through I got about 8lbs recently for 6.99 lb. Or that T-bone I seen last week for $22/lb.What a shame since I got T-bones once last year for 3.99/lb. I had a large cookout that time for my customers. Even the salad kits I buy jumped over 0.50 per package since a week ago. They just got passed up besides the diet didn't seem to be working. I will just go get some watercress instead locally. It about a 4 mile hike so that will burn off a few calories.

Most employers will just look the other way even when they know something is illegal until caught. They will lie through their teeth too when caught blaming it on the employees. I had worked for a few that did the same and that why I work for myself now. I don't make a killing working for myself but at least I am honest about my bills. One employer was so bad to cheat that I would not even bill the customer, I left that up to him as just I did the work and collected my $6.25 / hr pay. I finally had it after 8 yrs and left.

I remember one employer nearly getting caught by US Army cheating them. He was running around like a chicken with his head cut off making up work cards using everybody in the business as repairmen even though I was the only repairman. I might put in a 1/2 hour on a job but he was billing up to 8 hrs for the work. There was no in heck I could work 400 hrs a week. He wanted me to lie to cover his back side but I wouldn't do it so he made sure I wasn't around when the auditors were. I just couldn't believe the Army auditors were that gullible. but apparently they were as he got by with his con job.

gamma_ray

Threads
He wasn't as invincible as he thought. No one should tempt faith. I learned a long time ago to heed warnings.

What is more sad is the 10 people that just die in severe flooding in TN near Nashville. They too didn't heed the warnings.

View attachment 58014

Although I didn't know any of these 11 folks it is sad to here of their deaths from being hardheaded.

The old adage is still true. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound cure."
Yes, the warnings are clear, but the American spirit is often stubborn. I have family, some who've passed, and one currently in ICU due to the pandemic.

northcreeek262

Threads
Trump got vaccinated, he also recommended you get the vaccine, but does not believe in mandating it. Personal Liberty. live with the choices you make.
Being a fertile bed for the Covid Delta and passing it on to others is not a personal liberty but, it is personal stupidity. Like the Doctor said "if this attitude existed in the 50's we would still have polio today"
Last time I looked it was the red states being knuckleheads about the vaccine.

Bellcrank

Threads
Trump was the pres. He didn't want to scare, alarm or freak out the public. He did say masks and the vaccine work. He knows they all work as he gets the best briefing from top so called experts daily. Every word he said or tweet he did, someone freaked out. And the Democraps were first to attack him on his every word.

Politics aside, Trump did more for the American PEOPLE than I've ever seen. Low gas prices, border wall, stock market boomed and many more.

And our current pres "Sleepy" Joe Biden. What has he done for us? LOL Okay I DO like one thing the man has done. Pull the troops out of Afghanistan. Although he screwed it all up by removing the troops before the civilians. Step in the right direction. Next I hope he pulls out of Korea and Vietnam. What the heck are we still over there for?

gwartney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is there a <redacted> rule about talking politics? Are you all so insecure that you feel the need to talk about it on a Lawn site?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bellcrank

Threads
Trump was the pres. He didn't want to scare, alarm or freak out the public. He did say masks and the vaccine work. He knows they all work as he gets the best briefing from top so called experts daily. Every word he said or tweet he did, someone freaked out. And the Democraps were first to attack him on his every word.

Politics aside, Trump did more for the American PEOPLE than I've ever seen. Low gas prices, border wall, stock market boomed and many more.

And our current pres "Sleepy" Joe Biden. What has he done for us? LOL Okay I DO like one thing the man has done. Pull the troops out of Afghanistan. Although he screwed it all up by removing the troops before the civilians. Step in the right direction. Next I hope he pulls out of Korea and Vietnam. What the heck are we still over there for?

mmoffitt

Threads
oh no now it's getting way off topic....
remember to listen your Doctor,listen to mother,father, the policeman, the judge, girlfriend/wife(at least pretend to listen), the cat,the dog, your bookie,the voices in your head and or anybody who will listen...
Most importantly I listen to all the great guys who repair equipment or do it as a serious hobby...I have learned so much from you all! By just listening!
Be well all of you and thank you
Martin Moffitt new to the art of listening!

jlee4363

Threads
Covid 19 wouldn't exist w/o gvmmt financing and u sheep are arguing amongst urself about it,the also gvmnt financed vaccine. They thrive on gullibility and division.Who is to believe anything the evil culprit is trying to sell you? Just realize washington dc is a group of actors in the most profitable soap opera ever to exist everything scripted. Now you have to wonder did biden get willingly written out of the play or did he get swashbuckled? Either way good riddens biden. Can't wait to see next episode unfold

neophyte_lawn_guy

Forum Newbie
Threads

So the worst part about this is your comment “politics aside” as you then go on to make nothing but political arguments. Clearly you have a political agenda and really it would be nice if we could leave politics out of this forum. Though I suppose it’s hard to do when the topic is inherently political.

I’m sure Mr Valentine was a nice person and clearly his family and friends miss him. However, he chose to be the voice of disinformation about the covid vaccines. To the extent his arguments convinced people to not get vaccinated and some of those people died he did a dis-service to his community. My guess is that if he could have gone back and had a do-over he would have gotten vaccinated.

it’s also worth noting that no one at Fox News can work if they are not vaccinated. All those people who are talking about how bad the vaccines are and how horrible it is to be forced to take them all have been vaccinated. Just saying…

oh and even Trump at his last rally told people to get vaccinated.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Being a fertile bed for the Covid Delta and passing it on to others is not a personal liberty but, it is personal stupidity. Like the Doctor said "if this attitude existed in the 50's we would still have polio today"
Last time I looked it was the red states being knuckleheads about the vaccine.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this, i know of 12 people right now that were sick with covid within the last month, like sick sick..., 103 fever and all that... 8 of those people are fully vaccinated, the other 4 had their first shot...one of which is a 14 year old boy, in great health.
I already had Covid in january.. it was a walk in the park for me, i believe because I took the necessary steps to build up my immune system the previous year.
Plus, how do they know every body is getting "Delta" what is the procedure for confirming a case the "variant" instead of the "Original Covid from Wuhan"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.