Sad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
The end result. We need to get Americans out of Afghanistan. Then let them work out that crap on their own. Every American that has died, and every dollar spent since Bin Laden was killed, was wasted.

So we can pull a Trump, claim victory and just leave.
Trump never got us in there was in the process of getting us out. Biden took over pulled the military out and left the Americans there on their own. Now Biden can leave a bunch of Americans there just pull out and claim victory.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I cracked up reading this reply! I have laughed so much I'm not sure where to begin on the reply.

It reminds me of a guy I spoke with yesterday. Older guy, goes to the gym daily.

I saw him there yesterday, asked him what he did for exercise since I haven't seen him do any cardio in a while.

"I just do the machines." Me: "oh? No more cardio?"

Him: "Well I'm afraid if I breathe too hard I'll catch the virus."

Me: "Didn't you have both shots?"

Him: "Yes."

MENTAL ILLNESS BUT ON A MASSIVE SCALE.

I'll try to unpack your reply later.
People who are skilled at spreading misinformation reply to others who have called out their minsinfomation and shown logically that their statement was wrong by introducing something that was not in the original response then argueing against it .
SImple fact is the mortician is responsible for notifying the registrar of the death and registering the death certificate .
All this happens before the body leave the morgue because people like the coroner have to decide if an autopsy is required or the death certificate cause of death is acceptiable.
This is why it can take a week or so before a body is released for disposal.

IF you find this side splittingly funny well that says something about your sense of humour but nothing about the information presented .

Now death certificates can be falsified by the certifing doctor and in the case of the nursing home probably was to avoid an investigation into the nursing home if the doctor was tied to the home .
However the very idea that the funeral director would or could do it inflate the Covid numbers was absolute tosh imagined by some one with zero understanding about how the system works . I do not know what Covid benefits are in place in the USA but there very well could be a bonus paid to funeral homes to cover the extra costs associated with the handling of & disposing of a covid infected body , although again 3 days after the death, the virus would also be dead as it stops reproducing the second you stop breathing .
However once going to print it provides others who share the same ignorance & beliefs with proof of their dillusions .

There is a name for this arguing technique but it has been 50 years since I was on a debating team so I have forgotten the actual name but I have not forgotten the technique .

And FWIW since lockdowns & better hygine has been in practice down here I have not caught either a cold or a flu in fact not so much as a sore throat.
The US navy did an experiment with on board hygine that finished 2 years ago ( just before Covid ).
They modified one of the supply ships so that before you entered the mess you had to pass through a wash station and policed sailors passing through so that every single one washed their hands every single time they passed through .
The result was a 100% absence of any reported food poisoning which accounted for a 60% reduction is presentations to sick bay .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Trump never got us in there was in the process of getting us out. Biden took over pulled the military out and left the Americans there on their own. Now Biden can leave a bunch of Americans there just pull out and claim victory.

He didn't get us out either. Nor did he get us out of Syria. Not all the soldiers. And both of those countries are places we shouldn't have a soldier.
The only countries we're interested in are countries with resources we want or strategic locations to protect those resources.

If this ain't a good reason to stop worshipping the right or the left, I don't know..... Well........... Come to think of it, I could probably post 20 more, just off the top of my head. Wake me up from a drunken stooper, and could give you 9.

Look bro, Trump didn't get us out of Afghanistan, after claiming we should've left after Bin Laden was killed. And in all the right or left articles I found about this, no where does Trump say anything about getting citizens out first.
And why would he or Biden? Sure, we know now. But hindsight is 20/20. Had the Taliban not come in and taken over, Biden's decision would've been what Trump said he was going to do.
But the right ain't gonna admit that Trump and Biden saw eye to eye on that.. And the left ain't gonna admit it either.

And because the two clown shows aren't going to admit it, the citizens are going to keep fighting about it.

"The government wants everybody fighting with their neighbor cause they know that if we get along we'll probably go against them."

From August 2019

Trump wants to pull all U.S. troops out of Afghanistan by 2020 election, officials say

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No President has that sort of control over military operations.
All that President Biden can do is give the generals an absolute deadline for withdrawl.
The rest is up to the generals and even then their directives are not all that specific in the details.
Who does what and how they do it starts to happen around the level of Captains & Lieutenants .
So attributing individual actions to the White House is a sign that the person has watched one too many Hollywood movies.
The governments ( Taliban & President ) sketch out the rough terms , conditions & deadlines
So President Trump ( who should have been taking advice from his generals ) makes the deal with the Taliban.
Usually this is kept secret to all but the generals who have to "make it happen "
In this case it was in part "no US troops would be attacked if the US agree to exit by August 31 "
There may even have been other deadlines for things like abandoning the Bagram air base which has been suggested by some of the "experts"
The generals then decide the order of events , which troops to pull out in what order .
That gets passed down the chain of command and at each level more detail is added .

The next time the White hose comes into play is when the generals either report "job done" or come back & ask for extensions because the job can not be done in the time frame.
So then the President has to decide if he will order the troops to overstay the truce period & risk a wipe out or pull out on schedule and risk the fate of the remaining.
Not a decision I would like to be forced to make .

So the fact that x civilians, y troops & z citizens got left behind is not really the fault of the current President it is a failure of the analysists who provided the intellegence to the military so the military could plan a complete withdrawl .
Having said that every one should have been gone before Bagram was closed because without air support there was very little to stop a blitzcreig advance of the Taliban.
So that was a failing of the generals not the President, although as CIC the buck stops at his desk .

Lawn Addict
Threads
Vaccinated people are getting Covid as well, & yes some are dying too.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Vaccinated people are getting Covid as well, & yes some are dying too.
The vaccine does not stop you getting covid and this was the big problem with the "vaccinate out of danger " proposal.
Covid itself does not kill you it just uses nutrients from you body to reproduce itself .
Your immune system is what kills you in an attempt to kill the covid virus .
So the vaccine simply tones down your immune response to the same level as it would for a cold or flu.
You do not feel or suffer from the virus, in fact you can not even detect it being there.
But the immune system does and what you feel, watery eyes, runny nose cough fever etc is the immune system trying to get rid of the virus.

The flu vaccine does not stop you getting the flu either, it works the same way so when you do get the flu , the body just regulates it till it has passed.
Viruses can not live in your body forever unless they are a parrasitic virus .
So they infect , reproduce and unleash thousands of packets so they can infect others then they die .
Not too similar to an annual flower that flowers, sets seeds for future reproduction then it dies .

So once every one is vaccinated then every one can catch Covid but most will have little to no symptoms and eventually ( we hope ) it will become part of our DNA like reactions to the cold are .
However some will die but it will be fewer and most of those who get infected will not get as sick.
So just like the flu that causes 12,000 to 30,000 deaths every year, Covid 19 will do some thing similar .

MowManWV

Threads
I'm sort of the same way. But not so much for disease purposes. Just a personal space thing. Shaking hands, I'll do it, if someone sticks out their hands. But If I do it first, it's a fist bump. Asians and their head bow thing is a good thing, I think. It shows respect.
But that's just me.
I'm weird.

You might just be a bit of a loner-type. Lots of guys are just not very out-going. I'm so outgoing I actually feel bad if I don't talk to new people around me! Of course I make lots of new friends and that tends to benefit me although I don't do it for monetary gain, I just like being friendly.

Humans though are meant to touch each other.........hugs.......handshakes.......these have been proven to help with not only mental health but physical health. Leave a baby untouched and it will literally die or grow up unable to think or reason at a useful level. Handshakes developed from showing strangers that our hands were empty and thus, we were not a threat to each other. If I met you I'd put my hand out. I may not pick my nose afterwards but I'd shake your hand.

Just yesterday I ran into two people that I believe are mentally damaged from the scamdemic.

The first was, really, pathetic. Inside a hardware store, double vaxxed, wearing a cloth mask (useless for stopping virus particles) that clearly wasn't washed very often. During our long chat he reached inside it twice to scratch his face! When I pointed out the obvious contradiction he had a silly answer......something a child would say. He was clearly re-programmed. Simply, that. And scared.

He said "I'm not scared." Sure he is. I told him, "the mask is a security blanket, you admit you do not wash yours, you touch your face inside of it, you had both shots, yet here you are wearing it months later, when you know the weave is thousands of times bigger than the virus itself. You'll be wearing that mask until the day you die and you won't die of the virus."

I also told him this..........and I told him I am not sure if it was really a "study" and since it was apparently done in 1960's Soviet Union, good luck ever finding it! The communists tend to be secretive, especially when it comes to unethical treatment of people.

If I remember correctly "the Soviets did a test and found that if a population is kept in a state of fear for a few months and told something inaccurate and then released and shown evidence that disproves what they were taught, 75% or more will carry those lies to their grave, no matter what contradictory evidence and proof they are shown."

I think that's happened. I think a significant portion of world society has been terrified and they will believe what they were told no matter what.

The second was a lady, obese, wearing a cloth mask inside McDonald's. I asked her and to my surprise neither she nor her family were vaxxed. (Generally the only ones wearing masks now are the vaxxers......unless wearing it under duress by an employer).

She told me something shocking "I haven't hugged my mother since the whole thing started." Her mother (she told me in her 60's) has not been hugged by her family in over a year!

I told her how suicide and self mutilation ("cutting") in America is up 333 percent, a factoid I heard on the radio back in April. I told her "go home, hug your mother before it's too late. Humans were meant to touch each other.....it's essential for a healthy mind and soul."

Given that the largest group to die of the virus is the obese......anyone that is still obese is not afraid of the virus. Nobody. They've had over a year to lose the weight. She isn't scared of the virus.......her mind......her ability to think rationally.........has been damaged. And she won't hug her mother as a result.

IT'S DISGUSTING. It's a crime that has been thrust onto an ignorant and compliant world. SMH.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
MASKS DO STOP DROPLETS
As such they do have a place in prevention
And I find them a PIA to wear .
Not the be all and end all.
They also have a secondary benefit, to remind people of the need for proper hygine.

MowManWV

Threads
People who are skilled at spreading misinformation reply to others who have called out their minsinfomation and shown logically that their statement was wrong by introducing something that was not in the original response then argueing against it .
SImple fact is the mortician is responsible for notifying the registrar of the death and registering the death certificate .
All this happens before the body leave the morgue because people like the coroner have to decide if an autopsy is required or the death certificate cause of death is acceptiable.
This is why it can take a week or so before a body is released for disposal.

IF you find this side splittingly funny well that says something about your sense of humour but nothing about the information presented .

Now death certificates can be falsified by the certifing doctor and in the case of the nursing home probably was to avoid an investigation into the nursing home if the doctor was tied to the home .
However the very idea that the funeral director would or could do it inflate the Covid numbers was absolute tosh imagined by some one with zero understanding about how the system works . I do not know what Covid benefits are in place in the USA but there very well could be a bonus paid to funeral homes to cover the extra costs associated with the handling of & disposing of a covid infected body , although again 3 days after the death, the virus would also be dead as it stops reproducing the second you stop breathing .
However once going to print it provides others who share the same ignorance & beliefs with proof of their dillusions .

There is a name for this arguing technique but it has been 50 years since I was on a debating team so I have forgotten the actual name but I have not forgotten the technique .

And FWIW since lockdowns & better hygine has been in practice down here I have not caught either a cold or a flu in fact not so much as a sore throat.
The US navy did an experiment with on board hygine that finished 2 years ago ( just before Covid ).
They modified one of the supply ships so that before you entered the mess you had to pass through a wash station and policed sailors passing through so that every single one washed their hands every single time they passed through .
The result was a 100% absence of any reported food poisoning which accounted for a 60% reduction is presentations to sick bay .
Before we go any further, I'd like to ask some questions.

1). What country do you live in? I suspect it's Australia but I don't like to make assumptions.

2). What do you do for a living?

3). Has you income been harmed by the lockdowns? Are you at risk of losing your means of sustaining yourself?

4). What is your age, fitness level, and general health state?

Once those questions are answered, I'll be better able to continue our debate.

Because I asked.

1). I live in USA, fairly rural area, not a large city.

2). I own rental property and I am expanding into landscaping. Mowing, home repairs, painting, brush removal, etc. Basically renting out the skills I learned and tools I acquired fixing up the rental properties I bought.

3). My income has been harmed by the lockdowns. Not to a great level, but the potential for losing a few hundred grand is certainly there. That would bankrupt me. I don't know anyone that has died of the virus but I do know business owners that have lost everything due to the lockdown.

4). I am in my 40's, generally fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.