Reverse Kill Switch

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
well said i wont let a mower go if i see them un-hooked ..I have had people get mad at me for hooking them back up and i tell them it was here last and i cant let it go because if u run over someone and hurt them i am reliable what u do with it after it leaves my shop is up to u ..I take photos and write in the book to cover my own butt ...And i don't charge them to hook it back up :thumbsup:

First of all I don't know Canadian law. But here in the USA I just don't see how anyone is responsible for what someone dose to there own mower. Yes you can get sued but are you going to win the case if you did it to your own mower. You can get sued for most anything but you can't spend all your time worrying about it. If the mower don't run because of a unhooked switch and they want it to run that switch will be working proper before it leaves my shop. Other then that I don't look for other unhooked switches unless the customer wants me to.

briggs

Threads
First of all I don't know Canadian law. But here in the USA I just don't see how anyone is responsible for what someone dose to there own mower. Yes you can get sued but are you going to win the case if you did it to your own mower. You can get sued for most anything but you can't spend all your time worrying about it. If the mower don't run because of a unhooked switch and they want it to run that switch will be working proper before it leaves my shop. Other then that I don't look for other unhooked switches unless the customer wants me to.

I don't look for them ether but if i see them i hook them up ...We had an *** here sue a fellow over something like this and it was the owner of the mower that un hooked it not the tec ..But because it was in his shop last he got blamed ..The owner ran over his nieces leg ...Guess who got sued for 500,000 plus court costs ...I dont want to fork out $500,000 for his stupidity...Like i said i don't care what they do when they leave my shop ...The jusge told him he is cert tec and should not have let it go like that ....That is why if i see it i keep a record of it with photos and that it was fixed free of charge i don't charge them for it because they did not ask for it but it covers my *** in the end much rather lose one pissed off client then get sued for 500,000 and lose my bizz all together

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It amazes me that someone can run a child over with a mower then blame the mower and not their own Inbread stupidity.
It's like hitting you thumb with a hammer them sue the company that made the hammer because they did not tell you you could hit your thumb.

briggs

Threads
It amazes me that someone can run a child over with a mower then blame the mower and not their own Inbread stupidity.
It's like hitting you thumb with a hammer them sue the company that made the hammer because they did not tell you you could hit your thumb.

Yes i do agree with u 100% but people will do that stuff all the time and when something happens its not there fault its everyone else s...Look at the lady that spilled coffee on herself from Mcds u know its hot when u buy it why the hell would u sue them because u spilled it don't make sense to me:confused2:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes i do agree with u 100% but people will do that stuff all the time and when something happens its not there fault its everyone else s...Look at the lady that spilled coffee on herself from Mcds u know its hot when u buy it why the hell would u sue them because u spilled it don't make sense to me:confused2:

Look up the true facts on the McDonalds spilled coffee. The woman had third degree burns for one thing. McDonalds had high cost lawyers and lost this case for a reason.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look up the true facts on the McDonalds spilled coffee. The woman had third degree burns for one thing. McDonalds had high cost lawyers and lost this case for a reason.

I have read about a little and still feel it was wrong. She took the cup and drive away before it burned her. They did not spill it on her.

That case just opened a door for dumb azz people to get paid for being dumb.

At walmart a lady climbed up a shelf to get something and fell tried to sue she ended up paying walmart for the damage to the shelf.

briggs

Threads

true but she still new it was hot ..I went to a coffee shop in the states when i drove transport i knocked a coffee pot over in my boot i got burned bad had 2 skin grafts done and have a nasty scare but whos fault was that was it mine for knocking it over or was it theirs for putting it there ...I didn't sue because it was my fault for not paying attention...But anyways the point i am making is people are out to pass the buck and sue u if they can me i don't care if anyone gets sued not my prob all i know is i will not put myself in that spot to be sued over someones stupidity or lack of using there dam head when backing up those safety's are there for a reason ...Are they a pain yes they are i will not disagree on that one at all ..Mine has been modified but then again i am the only one that uses it and when i am cutting my kids are in the house and they know not to play with it ..They have there own that i removed the deck and stuff they use it for a bush buggy...Its the one in my photo that they use

Last edited:

briggs

Threads
I have read about a little and still feel it was wrong. She took the cup and drive away before it burned her. They did not spill it on her.

At walmart a lady climbed up a shelf to get something and fell tried to sue she ended up paying walmart for the damage to the shelf.

i do agree with u it was bs we had it happen here to at one of are coffee shops ...Thats why i don't leave myself open to get sued for people being stupid

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

I think if you look up the case she wasn't driving the car. Also the coffee pot was over heating the coffee and they knew it. I don't think you would get third degree burns from normal coffee. I don't know anything about the Walmart shelf case. I believe in our justice system as being fair as a rule. No its not a 100% but its what we have.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
timthumb.php

zogi.AuSt.8.jpeg