Restaurant..

Bison

Threads
Oldest Sister on vacation this side of the pond "treated " us to a restaurant dinner couple weeks ago(i tried to talk her out of it to no avail and was acused of being a "party pooper":eek:)
I ordered a ribeye (medium rare)and got a rib steak instead, i pointed that out but they told me there is only rib steak on the menu even though the menu lists a ribeye and a ribsteak.
Anyway, the steak was a full 3/8 of an inch thick and "well done", the vegies turned out to be corn(i hate that chicken food) i had ordered Asparages.The baby potatos had turned mysteriously into "home fries" potatos cut in wedges with the skin still on( they're nowadays even to friggin lazy to peel the potatos:rolleyes:)

Anyway,after the ordeal was over ,Sister asked me to pay for her(language barrier)
Bill came to close to $350 for party of 6 ,I did not leave tip which caused a huge argument at the checkout desk.
I told them you're lucky my sister is footing the bill so be glad you got something,i would've given you the finger and walked out leaving you sit with the junkfood on the table.:tongue:
This is supposedly the Best restaurant in town:eek:
Ahh,the joy of eating out !:rolleyes::mad:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oldest Sister on vacation this side of the pond "treated " us to a restaurant dinner couple weeks ago(i tried to talk her out of it to no avail and was acused of being a "party pooper":eek:)
I ordered a ribeye (medium rare)and got a rib steak instead, i pointed that out but they told me there is only rib steak on the menu even though the menu lists a ribeye and a ribsteak.
Anyway, the steak was a full 3/8 of an inch thick and "well done", the vegies turned out to be corn(i hate that chicken food) i had ordered Asparages.The baby potatos had turned mysteriously into "home fries" potatos cut in wedges with the skin still on( they're nowadays even to friggin lazy to peel the potatos:rolleyes:)

Anyway,after the ordeal was over ,Sister asked me to pay for her(language barrier)
Bill came to close to $350 for party of 6 ,I did not leave tip which caused a huge argument at the checkout desk.
I told them you're lucky my sister is footing the bill so be glad you got something,i would've given you the finger and walked out leaving you sit with the junkfood on the table.:tongue:

3/8 inch thick steak and the bill was $55 per person :eek::eek:....I would have been upset too!! Local steakhouse chain here will serve you a half inch thick, 7 ounce sirloin, baked spud and caesar salad for $10.99 everyday. And the meal is worth it. Don't blame you one bit for being upset.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
We did have a local Bison farm that sold the meat in their own outlet. Most of it was GREAT, but some of the cuts were a little too lean for my taste. I would like to be able to get it again locally.They went out of business with a mystery fire and big insurance payoff. :rolleyes:
There is also a BIG difference between Grazed (grass fed) without hormones, steriods, and antibiotics :thumbsup: and feedlot beef (pumped full of all kinds of nasty chemicals :eek: :thumbdown:) that is raised and fattened with mostly corn and some grain. The two kinds (grazed and feedlot) are vastly different in taste and nutritional value.
Buffalo is leaner than beef and therefore healthier -- correct?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
We did have a local Bison farm that sold the meat in their own outlet. Most of it was GREAT, but some of the cuts were a little too lean for my taste. I would like to be able to get it again locally.They went out of business with a mystery fire and big insurance payoff. :rolleyes:
There is also a BIG difference between Grazed (grass fed) without hormones, steriods, and antibiotics :thumbsup: and feedlot beef (pumped full of all kinds of nasty chemicals :eek: :thumbdown:) that is raised and fattened with mostly corn and some grain. The two kinds (grazed and feedlot) are vastly different in taste and nutritional value.

I would take whatever has more preservatives at my age I need all those I can get.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

That's really bad. I can't imagine that they will stay in business. There got to be competition in that price range -- that place wouldn't survive here in Atlanta.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

There seems to be plenty of interest in grass-fed beef, at least in the Georgia/Alabama border area where I do a lot of cycling. I see a lot of cows eating grass, so it must be profitable.

I understand that they're grass-fed until a short time before they're slaughtered -- then they get switched to something else to improve the taste. I'll bet Bison knows what that would be.

Bison

Threads
That's really bad. I can't imagine that they will stay in business. There got to be competition in that price range -- that place wouldn't survive here in Atlanta.
The competition is worse.
Frankly in the last 25 yrs i have had only a couple meals worth the money and eating in a Canadian restaurant.:thumbdown:

The restaurants here either suck big time,...or i'm a fussy eater.:licking:

Truck stops used to have good food,today all they serve is junk.:thumbdown:

Exclusive restaurants serve half of the same crap on a bigger plate but charge triple for it and expect a huge tip(fat change).:thumbdown:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The competition is worse.
Frankly in the last 25 yrs i have had only a couple meals worth the money and eating in a Canadian restaurant.:thumbdown:

The restaurants here either suck big time,...or i'm a fussy eater.:licking:

Truck stops used to have good food,today all they serve is junk.:thumbdown:

Exclusive restaurants serve half of the same crap on a bigger plate but charge triple for it and expect a huge tip(fat change).:thumbdown:

I read someplace one time that diners are tipping the wrong person, they should tip the cook because that person does the meal preparation and all the server does is carry it to the table.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a local Restaurant (Pizza & Sub, but they do much more) - We clear our own table and I tip the cook (most of the time she brings out our meal). They know us by name and we were invited to the wedding of one of the owners. They believe in sreving the BEST they can provide and doing it the way the customer wants it. :thumbsup:
I read someplace one time that diners are tipping the wrong person, they should tip the cook because that person does the meal preparation and all the server does is carry it to the table.

Sammy the Red

Threads
:laughing: That isn't the worst spelling I've seen though, I think it was back in '09 when a leaflet came through the letterbox advertising for a local shop, and they spelt vegetables "vegitibles".

I'm not joking.

Strangely, the shop went under about 3 months after that.

What the heck are "spelt vegetables" ? :eek:

Spelt - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

spelt : an ancient wheat (Triticum spelta syn. T. aestivum spelta) with spikelets containing two light red grains; also : the grain of spelt