Restaurant..

Threads
Any other place than home you like to eat at?.. Whats your favorite type of food, and why?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Any other place than home you like to eat at?.. Whats your favorite type of food, and why?

Only time we dine out is when the local family steak house offers one of us a free birthday steak dinner, a $10.99 value. Problem is, it costs about $6 for gas to get there and back....:thumbdown: I HATE WAITING FOR MY FOOD, period.

As for me, I love both Mexican and Italian food...but not places like Taco Bell. Problem is, restaurant food is way, way, overpriced, IMO. The only real deal locally is a Chinese restaurant that serves a lunch buffet, all you can eat for $7.99, beverage included. Five days a week, 11 am to 1 pm, and the stuff is GOOD. One time I craved egg rolls, managed to scarf down 10 of them in one hour. Problem is, the trip there and back...$6 for gas.

To those who live in the Midwest, and are old like me...recall Bill Knapps? Used to go there EVERY SATURDAY FOR DINNER. Best meal deals for $6-7 there ever was. Sorry they had to close.

LandN

Threads
we go quite a bit to eat out ,i try to not let the wife cook for just us two.i am currently changing to more turkey,fish,chicken rather than the other other meats plus more veggies.we get a lot of senior specials at local restaurants....we don't do the fast food joints much anymore except for culvers.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
we go quite a bit to eat out ,i try to not let the wife cook for just us two.i am currently changing to more turkey,fish,chicken rather than the other other meats plus more veggies.we get a lot of senior specials at local restaurants....we don't do the fast food joints much anymore except for culvers.

You must be an exception, "senior specials" at local restaurants....? Around here there is NOTHING for us old farts. I do 95% of the meal preparation here at home. Know what we had tonite? Medium well grilled ground round cooked on my deck, home grown butternut squash, and fresh tomatoes, washed down with a good zinfandel. Better and cheaper than anyplace else we could have dined at. Oh, yes..chocolate chip brickle ice cream for dessert...gotta splurge somehow.

LandN

Threads
You must be an exception, "senior specials" at local restaurants....? Around here there is NOTHING for us old farts. I do 95% of the meal preparation here at home. Know what we had tonite? Medium well grilled ground round cooked on my deck, home grown butternut squash, and fresh tomatoes, washed down with a good zinfandel. Better and cheaper than anyplace else we could have dined at. Oh, yes..chocolate chip brickle ice cream for dessert...gotta splurge somehow.

You're lucky jd to have the time to enjoy the backyard grill . lots of time the wife and i get pretty busy running around so then to spend some more time in the kitchen seems like.......well lets just relax and go out. i got a nice pot roast dinner for $6.00 last week, smaller portions but thats good cause my stomach dont hold much anymore like it once did:laughing:senior coffee at micky d is .50:laughing:

Threads
I keep seeing those Red Robin commercials on tv, and wondered if they suck, or what? I just cant see paying $8 for a hamburger...

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
I keep seeing those Red Robin commercials on tv, and wondered if they suck, or what? I just cant see paying $8 for a hamburger...

Been there for lunch in Taylor, Michigan. They do have great burgers.:thumbsup: No Red Robin in my area.:frown:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads

Sounds good! I'll pass on the ice cream, oh and make mine a top sirloin, or venison tenderloin.
Have you ever grilled butternut squash? Do it right and you'll grill it every chance you get.:drink:

Bison

Threads
If it was just me i would never eat in a restaurant ever again cause its all junk food in my eyes,veggies are all the same where ever one goes and it tastes like **** and the meat looks and taste like overcooked month old road kill and hamburger looks and smells like rotten brain matter scraped of a wall some where(the stuf makes me puke on sight):thumbdown::mad:
Besides i think its all overpriced and i hate paying tip on top to boot.(I tell the owner/manager to be not so greedy and pay them waitresses a ******* decent wages so these girls don't have to pimp the customers).
But the wife likes to eat out once in a while so i endure.
Only Chinese food is still somewhat palatable.

If we go on a trip we pack sandwiches and coffee along.

Threads
If it was just me i would never eat in a restaurant ever again cause its all junk food in my eyes,veggies are all the same where ever one goes and it tastes like **** and the meat looks and taste like overcooked month old road kill and hamburger looks and smells like rotten brain matter scraped of a wall some where(the stuf makes me puke on sight):thumbdown::mad:
Besides i think its all overpriced and i hate paying tip on top to boot.(I tell the owner/manager to be not so greedy and pay them waitresses a ******* decent wages so these girls don't have to pimp the customers).
But the wife likes to eat out once in a while so i endure.
Only Chinese food is still somewhat palatable.

If we go on a trip we pack sandwiches and coffee along.

What about Subway?