Restaurant..

Sammy the Red

Threads
Wife and I are going out tonite to Carrabbas, an italian chain restaurant, got a coupon for TWO FREE DINNERS there....us old farts love to save money that way. SO THERE.

I have been to their Lansing one a couple of times.
Always had good food and good service there.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have been to their Lansing one a couple of times.
Always had good food and good service there.

Agree 100%....best Italian food in this area. Have not been there for a while, the menu has changed...prices are like this now

(Insert choice of menu item here) 11 or 13 or 14.5

Mostly even numbers, no cents given, 11 means $11, no dollar signs....WEIRD

Bison

Threads
There seems to be plenty of interest in grass-fed beef, at least in the Georgia/Alabama border area where I do a lot of cycling. I see a lot of cows eating grass, so it must be profitable.

I understand that they're grass-fed until a short time before they're slaughtered -- then they get switched to something else to improve the taste. I'll bet Bison knows what that would be.
There is no money in raising beef,grass fed or grain fed.
The packing plant and the retailer are the ones making the dough.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is no money in raising beef,grass fed or grain fed.
The packing plant and the retailer are the ones making the dough.

I can well imagine....was reading a book last week about a man who was flying first class, he met a woman who was in the ad business, she told him for almost all products be they food, clothing, etc. the farmer, garment maker, etc. make very little profit compared to the cost paid to advertise and sell the product.

Bison

Threads
I read someplace one time that diners are tipping the wrong person, they should tip the cook because that person does the meal preparation and all the server does is carry it to the table.
I never leave tip, AFAIAC its not my duty to supplement the waitresses or cooks wages,that is the restaurant owners his responsibillity :tongue:

Bison

Threads
I can well imagine....was reading a book last week about a man who was flying first class, he met a woman who was in the ad business, she told him for almost all products be they food, clothing, etc. the farmer, garment maker, etc. make very little profit compared to the cost paid to advertise and sell the product.
Yes,and it makes me puke.:thumbdown:

Now,raising and selling bison is a whole diff can of worms.

Pro$it,Pro$it,Pro$it:thumbsup:

Threads
I would love to try Bison, and or beefalo but no one around here has it...:frown:..

Threads
Yes,and it makes me puke.:thumbdown:

Now,raising and selling bison is a whole diff can of worms.

Pro$it,Pro$it,Pro$it:thumbsup:

Yep i just looked at some Buffalo jerky in a magazine $24.99 for 8ozs..plus shipping..